Author Topic: Biggest sooky little babies?  (Read 196251 times)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Re: Biggest sooky little babies?
« Reply #360 on: November 28, 2019, 04:04:48 PM »
I doubt it... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #361 on: December 03, 2019, 02:51:53 PM »
Quote from: AFL
Can @Richmond_FC go back-to-back in 2020?

Quote from: @GRIMLOCKCRUSH
Nah, they blew that chance in 2018. They'll be countered next year far more teams than before. Clubs have had 3 years to shut them down, it'll happen next year you watch.

Quote from: @pies_forever
If Collingwood keep gifting them an easy ride in the granny then yes......

Didn’t say it was an easy ride to get there. Richmond were frothing that GWS made it. If we had won (which we didn’t because we were poor) Richmond would’ve had a challenge and not just a fun day of “how much can we win by”

Our weakness is clearly rain. If Richmond could choose, they would’ve chosen GWS, because they know we would have given them a challenge. Give us a dry, sunny grand final and we’re at our best. Everyone would agree it was easy for them. But deserving in the end

https://twitter.com/AFL/status/1201298854643040256

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #362 on: December 06, 2019, 03:27:09 AM »
George Oriel: Collingwood has a way better list than Richmond and the dogs so the list is wrong from the get go

George Oriel: yes they do! Prove that they don’t. Why do you think Treloar chose the pies instead of Richmond? If the players know the facts and you don’t that speaks volumes about your ignorance

George Oriel:
no one cares about your team either but this is a list ranking post and I’m giving my opinion. If the truth hurts your precious feelings and if you’re too incompetent to handle basic facts, I suggest you leave this page immediately

George Oriel:
with degoey back in 2020 rance couldn’t hope to compete and will be embarrassed and humiliated like he was the last the time he played

George Oriel:  I’m not angry I’m just stating facts. You have no evidence to support your nonsensical claims and have thus made yourself look like an idiot. I’m laughing too but I also feel sorry for you. Alas ignorance is bliss I suppose, but for the sake of those around you, please get educated!

https://www.facebook.com/triplemfooty/posts/2510739468973311?comment_id=2510766042303987

:stupid
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #363 on: December 06, 2019, 03:28:54 AM »
Quote from: @mattholding1989
Just watched the OC episode with The Killers in The Bait Shop and I hate the AFL and Richmond for ruining Mr Brightside so much

https://twitter.com/mattholding1989/status/1201836099670163456
:laugh:
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #364 on: December 06, 2019, 06:35:39 PM »
George Oriel: Collingwood has a way better list than Richmond and the dogs so the list is wrong from the get go

George Oriel: yes they do! Prove that they don’t. Why do you think Treloar chose the pies instead of Richmond? If the players know the facts and you don’t that speaks volumes about your ignorance

George Oriel:
no one cares about your team either but this is a list ranking post and I’m giving my opinion. If the truth hurts your precious feelings and if you’re too incompetent to handle basic facts, I suggest you leave this page immediately

George Oriel:
with degoey back in 2020 rance couldn’t hope to compete and will be embarrassed and humiliated like he was the last the time he played

George Oriel:  I’m not angry I’m just stating facts. You have no evidence to support your nonsensical claims and have thus made yourself look like an idiot. I’m laughing too but I also feel sorry for you. Alas ignorance is bliss I suppose, but for the sake of those around you, please get educated!

https://www.facebook.com/triplemfooty/posts/2510739468973311?comment_id=2510766042303987

:stupid

Well, there ya go, how can you counter that ersatz intellectual argument?
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #365 on: December 07, 2019, 04:16:22 AM »
Quote from: Keefy
Look, here's the thing, the Tiges will not make the 8 next year. They had an arm chair ride from the umps. It was bordering on cheating.

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/more-news/champion-data-ranks-every-afl-clubs-list-for-2020-season-and-has-richmond-on-top/news-story/c514e480c7db10e5112b1feb6a714733

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #367 on: December 08, 2019, 04:14:56 AM »
Western Australians are different people #vicbias

https://twitter.com/moyza89/status/1200582774685483009

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #368 on: December 10, 2019, 01:30:00 PM »
Quote from: ricky nixon
Quote from: @izzycollins__
Loveeeee Richmond supporters 😂🤦🏽
My favourite Fishing material on Twitter its just a boat load every day loving it

Not wrong mate and if you listen to the players they are on a mission a big mission they know that had Rich cooked in the prelim but injuries and players not avail cost them

The greatest team of all time fixture wise well done AFL

Should have been 3 but worked out being up for 23 rounds doesn't work

Seriously dreaming Geelong has you covered 30000000%

Agree flags in the bag .....i spoke with Cotch at a business lunch the other day such a ripper bloke i love him

Tigers were brilliant one thing i always recognise is the development of player you dont win a flag unless you bring in 3 or more young player to drive the ship they did brilliant coaching but Balmey the genius
https://twitter.com/rickynixontoot

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #369 on: December 10, 2019, 03:14:38 PM »
He sounds like he's off his face all the time

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #370 on: December 10, 2019, 09:59:19 PM »
Quote from: Barry
Scary Warning they say.

That’s what they said in 2018, one in a row only 😀

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/richmond/tom-lynch-expects-his-partnership-with-jack-riewoldt-to-become-even-more-damaging-in-2020/news-story/031efe55d3e25601034ee4fb22697714

Quote from: @GcsunScast
I would not wish it on him, but it is fairly likely he does get injured again. PCL injuries are one of the toughest to return from. Lynch was overrated this year. His output got inflated as the team got better but they didn’t win the flag because of him. That’s not Richmond’s way

Quote from: @abestar777
Probably do his knee

Quote from: @tristancayzer
Probably blow his knee again
https://twitter.com/AFLcomau/status/1204264682321666048

Quote from: simon spargo
Wow... cricketers have left the MCG more times than the @RichmondTigers1 now! #vicbias

https://twitter.com/this_is_simon_s/status/1203432715762012165

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #371 on: December 11, 2019, 08:07:59 AM »
Healsville Races Nankervis got up in the first - Few of us Tigers were having a laugh and the salt flowed from fellow punters (Last one youse will win)
The salt is strong.....and drinking with a Pie man whose only salvation was we stopped the 3 peat we know it hurt lol,at the time maybe but at least you lost and we have another  :rollin
Prelimship  :lol

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #372 on: December 11, 2019, 12:53:34 PM »
The AFL fixture is biased towards Victorian clubs

BrightOne
theRoar.com.au
10 December 2019

Every year we see the same headlines pop up.

People talk about which team has the best chance in the upcoming season and which players are rated elite and how the draw can favour one team due to the way they placed the previous year, given that each team plays each other once before the other games to make up the required 22 games per year are allocated.

But the unspoken, ignored injustice of a Victoria-centric landscape of the AFL goes unmentioned.

Maybe the fact that Melbourne had 18 games in Melbourne in 2019 could be ignored or the fact that Collingwood, Richmond, North Melbourne and the Western Bulldogs had 17 in their home city is just the way the draw works out.

Then I could be excused for mentioning that Geelong, Hawthorn, St Kilda, Essendon and Carlton all had 16 games in their home city.

But when you see that Adelaide, Brisbane, Freemantle, Gold Coast, Port Adelaide, West Coast, Greater Western Sydney and Sydney all had 12, that’s when the real injustice is seen.

Financially, the more your fans can attend games in your home city, the better. It’s not hard to see why clubs with 16 or more home-city games each season can attract supporters to every game.

Outside of the financial benefits, there is the travel logistics, the impact to player recovery, and costs to teams in terms of impaired preparation.

Think how easy it is each week for teams that can simply drive down the road to play. Then on the flip side, interstate teams need to travel, recover away from home, organise accommodation and be separated from their families and fans.

When drawing up the new season’s fixtures, the AFL does attempt to make the draw fairer by providing teams that finished in the bottom half of the ladder the previous season with fewer games against teams that finished in the top half of the ladder the previous year.

While this does serve as a way to alleviate the symptoms of a team struggling lower in the ladder, it does assume – with the absence of a crystal ball – that teams will perform similarly to the season before.

The issue of draw inequality for non-Victorian teams in regards to games in your home city is a challenging one for the AFL, but it starts by recognising firstly that the inequality is real and that the AFL is not simply a Victoria-centric game.

I understand that most Victorians simply do not care but accepting the problem may go a long way to understand why teams like Greater Western Sydney, Brisbane and the Gold Coast struggle to get a strong supporter base in their home state even when they are successful.

Richmond took full advantage of their MCG home-ground advantage in 2019. (Photo by Mark Metcalfe/AFL Photos/via Getty Images )

https://www.theroar.com.au/2019/12/10/the-afl-fixture-is-biased-towards-victorian-clubs/

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #373 on: December 11, 2019, 01:50:39 PM »
So the solution is that the Victorian teams play their games in other states???

For someone titled "Bright one" the author has not thought this through

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #374 on: December 11, 2019, 04:02:09 PM »
Im quite happy for Norf and St Kilda to relocate out of Victoria.