Author Topic: Liam Baker [merged]  (Read 121795 times)

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Liam Baker [merged]
« Reply #750 on: October 01, 2024, 05:12:42 PM »
I would play hard ball on Bolton moreso than on Rioli because I just think he’s a better player who is an out an out game winner either playing fwd or midfield. He is absolutely worth picks 9 and 10 from freo or 3 and 13 from west coast and that’s all I would consider for him. Anything less and he can stay.

Dan Rioli while I do rate him, I’m taking gold coasts pick 6 and whatever else they throw our way for him. He’s a very good and on his day great half back flanker but I just don’t see him as a game changer of a player like Bolton is.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #751 on: October 01, 2024, 05:22:27 PM »
I would play hard ball on Bolton moreso than on Rioli because I just think he’s a better player who is an out an out game winner either playing fwd or midfield. He is absolutely worth picks 9 and 10 from freo or 3 and 13 from west coast and that’s all I would consider for him. Anything less and he can stay.

Dan Rioli while I do rate him, I’m taking gold coasts pick 6 and whatever else they throw our way for him. He’s a very good and on his day great half back flanker but I just don’t see him as a game changer of a player like Bolton is.

Mate if we can wrangle 3 + 13 for Bolton I would be over the moon, even with some later pick going back that we won't use.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #752 on: October 01, 2024, 10:07:31 PM »

Mate if we can wrangle 3 + 13 for Bolton I would be over the moon, even with some later pick going back that we won't use.
So what do we get for Baker Graham and Bolton because Baker and Graham are definately going to WCE.

13 for baker. Compo for Graham either 22 or 40.  Thats good compensation for both.
9 and 16 for Bolton is fair and will do nicely.  6 and 20 for Rioli is more than fair. What did we pay for Taranto again was it not 12 and 19.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #753 on: October 01, 2024, 10:16:14 PM »

So what do we get for Baker Graham and Bolton because Baker and Graham are definately going to WCE.

13 for baker. Compo for Graham either 22 or 40.  Thats good compensation for both.
9 and 16 for Bolton is fair and will do nicely.  6 and 20 for Rioli is more than fair. What did we pay for Taranto again was it not 12 and 19.

9 and 10 for Bolton or he can stay. TT was out of contract, Bolton has 3 or 4 more to go. I’d argue Bolton is a more versatile and damaging player as well and is a perfect for a contending side to elevate them to the next level which is what Freo desperately need.

The rest I agree with, however it doesn’t hurt to play hardball with the suns for one of their earlier picks then 20, we can throw some of our picks from 20 onwards their way if need be considering they just need points for their academy kid anyway. If it lands at 6 & 20, no complaints from me.

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #754 on: October 01, 2024, 11:42:14 PM »
Your only trading Bolton for 9&10 surely with 4 year to go on a contract. 
He's exactly what they need.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #755 on: October 02, 2024, 05:47:33 AM »
I personally think Shai is overrated. He’s a 2024 Michael Mitchell. Drifts in and out of games far too often.
Will be enormous next year (wherever he goes) and then will be up and down for the remainder of his career. A perfect replacement for Sonny Walters
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #756 on: October 02, 2024, 08:53:35 AM »
I want 9+10 for Bolton and am happy to pay significant wages to make that happen, otherwise we may need to send a pick back, one of those 2nd rounders we may not use.

13 for Baker might be slightly overs but admittedly that will slide minimum 2 spots and starts to feel more 'right' to me mid-late teens.

I just hope WCE can offer Graham enough money to push his compo to band 3/2nd rounder.

Rioli as reigning JDM should be 6 + 12 and we pay some of his wages and/or send a 2nd rounder back like with Bolton.

If we can hit the draft with 1, 6, 9, 10, 12, 13, 21, 22 (G compo) then we can afford to send picks like 29 to Freo, and some later ones to GCS for their Lombard bid.

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #757 on: October 02, 2024, 09:58:16 AM »
90% of the game is played between the ears and for me Bolton despite his talent drops off a cliff when it gets too hard way too often. Rioli on the other hand always has a dip and still does classy and elite things when the game is in the balance

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #758 on: October 02, 2024, 11:57:01 AM »
and am happy to pay significant wages to make that happen

This is the part many are missing
We will have plenty of salary cap room

Pay up and get the better picks .. simple

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #759 on: October 02, 2024, 12:26:56 PM »
and am happy to pay significant wages to make that happen

This is the part many are missing
We will have plenty of salary cap room

Pay up and get the better picks .. simple

Yep.

GC wankers think it'll be P6 for Rioli with future picks coming back their way lmao.

Freo wankers think it'll be 9 + 16 for Bolton with 2nd rounders + wages going back their way rofl.

Deluded.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #760 on: October 02, 2024, 04:06:59 PM »
Everyone continues to be extremely harsh on Bolton.

Imo he is both our best forward and our best midfielder. It’s easy to drift in and out of games when your shunted in our barren forward line. Should have spent much more time in the midfield than what he got this season.

I also disagree that he disappears when it gets tough. You could argue he loses interest and his effort wanes when games are out of reach which is the majority of our games now, but he played large parts in close games when we were up and about.

Maybe I’m splitting hairs with that last paragraph but I’ll die on the hill that Bolton has much more value then Rioli.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Founding member of the Fab 5
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #761 on: October 02, 2024, 07:53:39 PM »
Bolton is a weapon. Certainly agree he can't be judged for not getting a kick in periods where he was rotting in the forward line.
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #762 on: October 04, 2024, 02:13:35 PM »

When i look at what Fremantle got for Schulz F1 which ended up #10 i think, which i dont think they expected to be so high and pick 34.
Well Bolton is definately worth more than Schulz so 9/10 has to be one of the picks then the debate rages about about 10 and 16 just 6 spots apart.

Im happy with 9 and 16 and i dont think we will get more. Concern is how far picks will slide due to compo and bids.If they slide too far then picks 9 and 10  we pay some salary and give them a reasonable pick the other way.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #763 on: October 05, 2024, 01:11:51 PM »
9 and 10 are now picks 10 and 11 and pick 16 has become pick 18.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #764 on: October 05, 2024, 01:35:09 PM »
wrong, 9 and 10 will be 12 and 13.

battle, ashcroft, lombard

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.