Author Topic: Liam Baker [merged]  (Read 121775 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Liam Baker [merged]
« Reply #780 on: October 11, 2024, 05:18:49 PM »
"Why wouldn't West Coast walk Liam Baker to the pre-season draft? Probably not something they'd thought they have or wanted to do...but in the end it would be a better outcome for West Coast."

- Josh Jenkins

https://x.com/traderadio/status/1844595336469414330

::)

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #781 on: October 11, 2024, 06:06:14 PM »
"Why wouldn't West Coast walk Liam Baker to the pre-season draft? Probably not something they'd thought they have or wanted to do...but in the end it would be a better outcome for West Coast."

- Josh Jenkins

I hope he doesn’t get paid much for his insights

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #782 on: October 11, 2024, 06:10:53 PM »
Him & Kornes both humiliated by us in big games... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Hart4Jack

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #783 on: October 11, 2024, 08:04:47 PM »

- Josh Jenkins

Jerka is as dumb as dog schpit. Baker has said many times he wanted us to be properly compensated for his move.  But don't let that fact impact on his stupidity.

Truly, who put this idiot into the media. Whoever it was should be ashamed of themselves. The guy is an embarrassment.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #784 on: October 11, 2024, 08:36:44 PM »
Ah, we finished below west coast on the ladder. That’s why Jerkins.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Tiger Tragic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #785 on: October 11, 2024, 09:09:33 PM »

Doubt we would pick him up. But you can guarantee Norf would at pick 2. Have fun ar Arden St Bakes

Online TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #786 on: October 11, 2024, 09:28:45 PM »
I know in theory us picking him up would look silly. But for the fact we know North would pick him up, we'd surely talk him around into staying by saying. If we can't trade you to Eagles is either resign a deal or go to North?
Go Tigers!

Online TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #787 on: October 11, 2024, 09:54:59 PM »
Anyone saying that we wouldn't take Liam Baker in PSD or that if we did it'd be wrong / unethical.

Let's not forget that Liam Baker was picked up in the rookie draft. Got development and opportunities to win 2 premierships and be the player he is at today. Richmond have every single right to pick him up again and ask him to give back to us after picking him from obscurity. It is not our fault that WCE were too stupid and stubborn to accept Hawks deal that would have paved the way for him to return to WA.

100% pick him up in PSD.
Go Tigers!

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #788 on: October 11, 2024, 10:05:29 PM »
I’d imagine if a trade can’t be facilitated hed just sign a new deal. No point going to the draft only for us to pick him.

I’m not 100% clear on the rules but couldnt he in theory nominate for the national draft and get to the eagles through there? From memory Luke Ball got to the pies via the national draft rather than the PSD but not sure how that all came to be.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #789 on: October 11, 2024, 10:10:04 PM »
I’d imagine if a trade can’t be facilitated hed just sign a new deal. No point going to the draft only for us to pick him.

I’m not 100% clear on the rules but couldnt he in theory nominate for the national draft and get to the eagles through there? From memory Luke Ball got to the pies via the national draft rather than the PSD but not sure how that all came to be.

They could do that though they would have to use a high pick and right now they are stuffed.

i seen the blues are eyeing pick 3 for FOS  :shh
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #790 on: October 11, 2024, 10:10:27 PM »

Doubt we would pick him up. But you can guarantee Norf would at pick 2. Have fun ar Arden St Bakes

I would. Make his manager accountable for getting it done. Force the issue.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #791 on: October 11, 2024, 10:39:32 PM »
It still can be done , a swap of first round pick(s) that are traded to us , or a trade with Freo, something will work out ,

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #792 on: October 12, 2024, 08:20:33 AM »
Liam Bakers woeful preparation and speech at RFC B and F showed a lack of professionalism and lack of respect. Could it be that this is affecting his footy future….?

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #793 on: October 12, 2024, 12:00:26 PM »
Liam Bakers woeful preparation and speech at RFC B and F showed a lack of professionalism and lack of respect. Could it be that this is affecting his footy future….?

Not at all

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #794 on: October 12, 2024, 05:47:42 PM »
NEW BAKER PLANS IN MOTION

WEST Coast is spending the weekend looking at ways to deliver a trade for Liam Baker as it weighs another Hawthorn offer for Tom Barrass.

The Baker and Barrass deals became complicated on Friday when Hawthorn traded its pick 14 to Carlton for future first- and second-round selections.

The pick had been part of Hawthorn's initial offer to the Eagles for Barrass, with the selection then expected to be sent Richmond's way for Baker.

But despite the shock move changing plans, Baker's management and the Eagles are working on a revised deal between West Coast and Richmond to get the dual premiership Tiger to his club of choice.

It is also likely a separation of deals would be undertaken that doesn't rely on West Coast trading out Barrass before moving onto landing Baker.

Fremantle has offered Richmond its three first-round picks – 10, 11 and 18 – for Baker and teammate Shai Bolton and remains waiting for him if a trade can't be sealed at West Coast.

How the Eagles could turn their No.3 pick into multiple selections – AFL.com.au revealed on Friday Carlton's interest in moving up the draft board – could open the door for extra draft capital to on-trade for Baker.

Hawthorn's latest offer for Barrass – a future first- and second-round selection (the Eagles' choice whether they are tied to Hawthorn or Carlton) for Barrass and a future later pick – has been put to the Eagles.

– Callum Twomey

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1242469/inside-trading-eagles-plot-baker-play-hawks-offer-for-barrass-macrae-talks-begin