Author Topic: Tom Lynch [merged]  (Read 407163 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tom Lynch is a Tiger [official]
« Reply #1156 on: October 09, 2018, 12:59:01 PM »
No surprises here. Tom Lynch has officially taken the no.19 jumper.  :gotigers
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1157 on: October 09, 2018, 01:14:29 PM »

Prized Richmond recruit Tom Lynch will wear the number 19 guernsey at his new football home.

This is the same number that Lynch had throughout the vast majority of his eight-season career with the Gold Coast Suns, and he’s pleased to have the opportunity to continue wearing it, on the back of the famous Yellow and Black guernsey.

“I’ll have 19, which is nice,” Lynch told ‘Roar Vision’.

“It’s only a number, at the end of the day, but it makes it easier just keeping the same number. It’s a nice fit.”

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2018-10-09/familiar-number-for-lynch

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1158 on: October 09, 2018, 01:34:02 PM »

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1159 on: October 09, 2018, 02:05:43 PM »
No surprises here. Tom Lynch has officially taken the no.19 jumper.  :gotigers
Choosing #19 helps with club marketing for next year too  :thumbsup.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #1160 on: October 09, 2018, 02:22:59 PM »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Lynch will be an "absolute superstar" for Richmond up forward: Watson (SEN)
« Reply #1161 on: October 09, 2018, 02:27:24 PM »
Lynch will be an "absolute superstar" for Richmond up forward: Watson

By SEN
9 Oct 2018

Essendon great Tim Watson says key forward Tom Lynch is going to thrive at Richmond by playing in a side surrounded by better players.

Lynch, 25, officially joined the Tigers on a seven-year deal yesterday, after eight seasons at the struggling Gold Coast Suns.

Watson doesn’t think we have seen the best of the 2016 All-Australian.

“If you’re a forward in this game, you need great play forward of you,” Watson told SEN Breakfast.

“Because if the ball is slow and you’re playing in a poor team then obviously it’s going to be much, much more difficult for you to find space in the forward line.

“I don’t think we’ve seen the full potential of Tom Lynch because he’s played in a poor team.

“I think Richmond are going to get somebody that is going to be an absolute superstar in their front-half because of the way they move the ball.

“I think they will make adjustments too. You can’t keep doing the same thing over and over again and think that you’re going to be able to move with the times.”

Lynch played 131 games for the Suns, booting 254 goals.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/10/09/lynch-will-be-an-absolute-superstar-for-richmond-up-forward-watson/

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1163 on: October 10, 2018, 07:01:52 PM »
His 2018 season was only 10 games long but still impressive!

What should we expect from the new Tiger in 2019?

https://twitter.com/AFLFootyShow/status/1049902509916086272

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #1164 on: October 10, 2018, 07:55:28 PM »
150-220 goals
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #1165 on: October 10, 2018, 09:26:05 PM »
...and at least another 30 in the finals....... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1166 on: October 12, 2018, 09:56:49 AM »
...and at least another 30 in the finals....... :shh

Yeah 10 a game  :shh
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1167 on: October 16, 2018, 08:22:49 PM »
Richo discussing Lynch:

“Richmond has had two really good years with its unique forward set-up, led brilliantly by Jack Riewoldt, but you have to constantly look at evolving in today’s game. And Tom Lynch clearly adds a dynamic, different dimension to the Tigers’ attack.

“He’ll make the forward line better, particularly in big games against the best teams, when sometimes you have to go slow and down the line with your ball movement.

“A 200cm player of his quality, who won’t be outmarked up forward, is going to be a huge asset for the team.

“This year’s finals series showed the value of big forwards who are elite overhead, and Richmond has two top-class ones now.”

Richardson doesn’t envisage any problems with the development of the Tigers’ potent new forward combination of Riewoldt and Lynch.

“I’m sure it will work extremely well. One can play deep, one a bit further up the ground,” he said.

“We’ve seen with Riewoldt that he’s well equipped to play any role across the forward line.

“And the addition of Lynch has got to help Jack prolong his AFL career.

“Jack’s work-rate in recent seasons has been extraordinary, but there might have been a bit of a burn-out factor with him if he had continued to shoulder so much responsibility.

“Tom Lynch’s arrival undoubtedly will ease the pressure on him, and I think it also will help Josh Caddy, who was excellent in his forward role this year, finishing with 46 goals.

“Caddy might now spend more time in the midfield, and when he is up forward, he’ll be getting the opposition’s third best defender.”

Read more at: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2018-10-16/richo-thumbs-up-for-tiger-tom

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Can anyone stop Richmond in 2019 after acquiring Tom Lynch? (Foxsports)
« Reply #1168 on: October 19, 2018, 11:44:40 PM »
Can anyone stop Richmond in 2019 after acquiring Tom Lynch?

Foxsports
19 Oct 2018

Yes. Despite being favourites with betting agencies – ahead of 2018 Grand Finalists Collingwood and West Coast – Richmond is still able to be beaten. The Tigers made it all the way to the Preliminary Final before being knocked off by the Magpies.

Questions will remain as to how the Tigers fit Jack Riewoldt and Lynch into their best 22, having played a structure with just one tall target in the last two years.

Riewoldt won the Coleman Medal in 2018 and Lynch’s addition may also change the midfield structure of the Tigers, with coach Damien Hardwick having used star onballer Dustinn Martin in a role playing as a deep forward.

Lynch’s mobility can also help give Toby Nankervis a rest in the ruck, which will allow Shaun Grigg to play as a permanent midfielder, rather than as the second ruck.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-2019-how-tigers-fit-in-tom-lynch-is-dylan-shiel-the-difference-for-dons-burning-questions-answered/news-story/3c87c2f43cb7242d7111e21c263958ae

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Can anyone stop Richmond in 2019 after acquiring Tom Lynch? (Foxsports)
« Reply #1169 on: October 20, 2018, 07:21:45 AM »
Can anyone stop Richmond in 2019 after acquiring Tom Lynch?

Foxsports
19 Oct 2018

Lynch’s mobility can also help give Toby Nankervis a rest in the ruck, which will allow Shaun Grigg to play as a permanent VFL player rather than as the second ruck.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-2019-how-tigers-fit-in-tom-lynch-is-dylan-shiel-the-difference-for-dons-burning-questions-answered/news-story/3c87c2f43cb7242d7111e21c263958ae
EFA