Author Topic: Tom Lynch [merged]  (Read 408169 times)

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tom Lynch is a Tiger [official]
« Reply #1185 on: October 27, 2018, 06:27:32 AM »
"We went out for dinner the other night on the Gold Coast," May said.

"We were talking about the Anzac Day Eve game. He said he was looking forward to playing on me, but I said I'd probably be playing on the best forward and that's Jack Riewoldt.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-10-23/may-v-lynch-new-demons-cheeky-sledge

Hopefully Jack will kick 10 on him again  :snidegrin

With respect Jack didn't kick 10 on May this season up on the GC.

He had 3 opponents that day.

Some poor clueless kid started on him.

May didn't get moved ontp him until the 2nd qtr. Then they went back with the clueless kid and then May again.

There was a third for about 10 minutes but cant remember who that was  :lol

Perhaps the third was Caddy and GC thought they were covered
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #1186 on: October 27, 2018, 07:22:56 AM »
Norf "big fish" Melbourne  boy their mocking smart arse supporters are quiet these days
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1187 on: November 09, 2018, 07:02:35 PM »
RICHMOND

Burning question:
Will the acquisition of Tom Lynch help or hinder the Tigers?

THERE are two camps when it comes to Lynch. The first argue he’ll ruin the good thing the Tigers had going over the past two years: a mosquito fleet surrounding one key forward in Jack Riewoldt. The other camp, however, insist Riewoldt requires some help and that Lynch will transform Richmond into a near unbeatable force. What’s more, Lynch is four years younger than Riewoldt. So the Tigers have some insurance for the future.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/every-afl-clubs-2019-burning-question-as-they-return-to-preseason-training/news-story/ff157bf136dc211e80fd66696bc3a0b6

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #1188 on: November 16, 2018, 11:22:31 AM »
Heres some inside info. Apparently Lynch is smashing it in the gym on a very targeted program, bulking up his top half.

Dont be suprised if we see a physically different looking player to the one weve all seen in highlight reels.

It would suggest possibly that he will be expected to play more 1 on 1 contested marking game deep fwd and help be genuinely more competative in ruck chop outs.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1189 on: November 16, 2018, 01:55:07 PM »
Correct.

He is at the club every day!
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #1190 on: November 16, 2018, 06:22:27 PM »
Correct.

He is at the club every day!

Any concern a heavier frame will put more stress on his troublesome knees Doc?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 12:14:09 AM by 🏅Dooks »
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #1191 on: November 16, 2018, 06:50:01 PM »
He hasn't got troublesome knees. It's a PCL on one knee, dooks. If that's sorted then he's good to go
« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 04:33:55 PM by one-eyed »
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1192 on: November 19, 2018, 03:42:45 PM »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1193 on: November 19, 2018, 04:00:09 PM »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1194 on: November 19, 2018, 09:43:29 PM »
Tiger Tom hits track early with new teammates

AFL.com.au
Jennifer Phelan
Nov 19, 2018 5:10PM

TOM LYNCH'S 2019 campaign is underway with the boom Richmond recruit officially starting pre-season with his younger teammates on Monday at Punt Road.

Lynch, 26, fits into the age bracket of players set to return on December 3 but has resumed training early after his last season with Gold Coast ended back in July, thanks to knee surgery.

He's been in and around the club over the off-season since he officially became a Tiger on October 8 on a massive seven-year contract.

But, the power forward is expected to remain on restricted duties until Christmas following the mid-season operation to repair his posterior cruciate ligament.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-11-19/tiger-tom-hits-the-track-early-with-new-teammates

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1195 on: November 20, 2018, 01:59:23 PM »
Tom Lynch injury update

“He’s doing a lot of strength work in the gym and started doing some work in the rehab group outside today.

It’s just little running drills . . . he’s in the very early stages. He’s not actually ready to start running, but he’s pretty close.

So we’ll make an assessment on that in the next couple of weeks.

Just building his strength in the gym with his knee, his range of motion, and starting to gradually teach him how to run again pre-Christmas.

We want him in a position post-Christmas where we’re doing some solid conditioning and then introducing footy skills somewhere through January.

Our first game in the JLT (Community Series) isn’t until March 3rd, so we’ve got time on our side.

And he’s a pro. He’s been training for a long time . . . he’s been in the system for eight on nine years now.

We only have to watch him do some of the things he does in the gym to know that he’s going to make the most of his rehab time and he’s going to come back bigger and better than ever.”

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2018-11-20/preseason-kickoff-overview

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1196 on: November 23, 2018, 02:58:30 PM »
Tom Lynch medical update

Richmond expects new recruit, Tom Lynch to progress to running in 7-10 days following a minor medical procedure yesterday, as part of the rehabilitation of his injured knee.

Lynch had a routine visit with his surgeon yesterday, and underwent the minor procedure to improve the range of motion in his knee, and remove some scarring.

Richmond General Manager – Football, Neil Balme said the procedure will accelerate his rehab.

“There was no issue with Tom’s injury, however we were given an option to progress his rehab, which will allow him to start running slightly sooner than expected,” Balme said.

“We expect Tom will be running in the next week to ten days, and he will ramp up his training loads again after the Christmas break.”

Lynch, who crossed over to Tigerland in the 2018 Free Agency period, had knee surgery in July to repair his posterior cruciate ligament (PCL).

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2018-11-23/tom-lynch-medical-update

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1197 on: December 03, 2018, 05:42:02 PM »
And in his current role as CEO, Gale was integral in restructuring the contracts of several key Tigers, including Cotchin, to ensure Lynch could be fitted in under the salary cap.

"We've got a responsibility to provide our team with the resources and give them a chance to play in finals and win premierships," said Gale after presenting a $235,672 cheque to the club's charity partner, the Alannah and Madeline Foundation.

"We think Tom is an exceptional character, we think he's a very, very good player and we think he can only make us better.

"At the end of the day our leadership group absolutely buy into that."

Lynch will be managed closely during the pre-season, after undergoing posterior cruciate ligament surgery in July, although he insists he will be ready for round one.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/lynch-recruitment-has-richmond-top-brass-daring-to-dream-20181203-p50jwb.html

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #1198 on: January 08, 2019, 08:31:04 PM »
Most likely nothing but some nuffie Richmond hater that I work with reckons he knows a surgeon and Lynch has re injured his knee and had another surgery recently.

I mean, probably nothing, potentially just winding me up and I've completely fallen for it. But thought I'd throw it out there, see if anyone else's "inside info" matches up....

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1199 on: January 08, 2019, 08:58:47 PM »
Most likely nothing but some nuffie Richmond hater that I work with reckons he knows a surgeon and Lynch has re injured his knee and had another surgery recently.

I mean, probably nothing, potentially just winding me up and I've completely fallen for it. But thought I'd throw it out there, see if anyone else's "inside info" matches up....

I guess anything is possible, but you'd have to wonder how this has stayed out of the media if true.