Author Topic: Tom Lynch [merged]  (Read 408943 times)

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
Re: Tom Lynch [merged]
« Reply #1770 on: May 16, 2021, 10:00:45 AM »
He is frequently becoming the most frustrating player in the starting 22 and yes that’s  ahead of Rioli.

He’s big and can supposedly take big grabs but for some reason he consistently drops them.
He doesn’t lead enough.
He takes rear position too much.
He gets out marked.
He misses easy goals.

So much to like about Tom but I guess the more I like about him the more it’s frustrating when he’s not  taking initiative and leading and/or dropping marks once he’s actually out on the lead.

My expectations are very very high but his output quality is very very low.

What can I say, I expect more and he frustrates me no end.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1771 on: May 16, 2021, 10:23:54 AM »
It would be great if Tom got the same frees that other big forwards in the opposition are being given/gifted

He gets scragged, grabbed, man handled and all the umps do is flap their arms and say "play on"

His last quarter last night was excellent. Contest after contest. Counted at least 3 frees he should have got but no, "play on".

The misses are frustrating; so too is the role they've got him playing which appears to be more about contests and bringing it to ground than being a lead up target. That doesn't make sense

And the facts remain no Tom Lynch in 2019 and we don't win the flag. Ditto (though not to the same level) 2020
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1772 on: May 17, 2021, 03:35:43 AM »
Tom Lynch, Richmond, has been charged with Engaging in Rough Conduct against Jack Buckley, GWS GIANTS, during the fourth quarter of the Round Nine match between Richmond and the GWS GIANTS, played at Marvel Stadium on Saturday May 15, 2021.

In summary, he can accept a $2000 sanction with an early plea.

Based on the available evidence, the incident was assessed as Careless Conduct, Low Impact, High Contact. The incident was classified as a $3000 sanction as a first offence. The player can accept a $2000 sanction with an early plea.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/615652/match-review-roo-rubbed-out-nankervis-charged-with-striking

Online Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1773 on: May 17, 2021, 04:39:18 AM »
stuff u Shocking

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #1774 on: May 17, 2021, 07:35:04 AM »
I'm not one for much of the conspiracy theorists but fair dinkum, really start to have my doubts and they are all out to get us and bring us back to the pack.
It's not so much the frees there or not but the consistency of interpretation, its doing my head in!
Like last year and the year before, I think to win this year would be the sweetest of the lot "Bar 2017" NOTHING will ever beat that, actually the whole month of September, was the best month of my life! 

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1775 on: May 17, 2021, 10:12:48 AM »
you dont have to believe in conpsiracies to know its true.

Shocking hasnt tried to hide it either, with the rule changes coming off our dominance last year.

That is what he says in front of us. Can you imagine what they discuss behind the scenes about how to stop us at all costs.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1776 on: May 21, 2021, 03:31:33 PM »
Harris Andrews will face a familiar foe at the Gabba on Friday night, and the All-Australian full-back has consulted a trusty companion to prepare.

That companion is his opposition notebook.

Since his debut for Brisbane in 2015, Andrews has compiled a dossier on opposition forwards he turns to on a weekly basis.

This week's homework has been Richmond spearhead Tom Lynch.

Andrews and Lynch have been going toe-to-toe since the Lion's debut season, following his switch from the forward line to defence after a handful of games.

Aside from countless pre-season matches when Lynch still played for Gold Coast, they've lined up alongside each other eight times at AFL level.

"He's an incredible player, Tom," Andrews said.

"His ability to compete really hard in the air and follow up at ground level is the reason he's won a couple of premierships in the last couple of years and been an All-Australian.

"Just the size of him and his ability to take the ball at its highest point and take the contested marks, it's a real challenge against him."

"He certainly had the wood over me early on.

"The last couple of times I feel I've been able to get physically a bit big and stronger and match it a little more with him.

"He's extremely smart. I've got to take away his run-and-jump because when he gets a fly at it, he's so dangerous."

With both teams missing key personnel elsewhere on the field, the winner of the next instalment of Andrews v Lynch might go some way to determining the winner of Friday night's clash.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/616715/a-dangerous-assignment-how-key-lion-prepared-for-menacing-tiger

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1777 on: May 21, 2021, 08:14:15 PM »
Yips again. Bit of a momentum killer but he looks good I think otherwise

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1778 on: May 21, 2021, 10:40:47 PM »
3 goal return is fairly decent especially on Harris Andrews. We would've taken 6 goals combined from Tom & Jack at the start of the game. Lynch could've had 5 though from his shots so he can do better by his standards. As I said in the match thread, he's not always generating enough straight line momentum with his run-up with his set shots. That's why he's missing too many of the ones he should kick.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1779 on: May 24, 2021, 11:51:22 AM »
Tom Lynch’s form was a key positive for Richmond in last Friday night’s loss to Brisbane at the Gabba.

The dual premiership star Tiger key forward was authoritative in the air, taking eight marks, including an equal game-high four contested grabs and six inside 50.

He finished the match with three goals but could well have bagged five or six had he converted all his opportunities.

The fact Lynch managed to do that, while playing on one of AFL football’s elite key defenders in Harris Andrews, made his performance even more meritorious.

Lynch has 18 goals after 10 rounds of the 2021 season and he is ranked seventh in the competition for marks inside 50.

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/944016/lynch-looking-good

Offline Buddysucks

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1780 on: May 24, 2021, 01:31:02 PM »
Feel sorry for Lynch, he is in the AFLs crosshairs and knows it. Doesn’t get the obvious holding or chopping of arms that every other player in the league gets paid. Then wakes up the next day to learn he has been charged yet again with some bullsh@t that went unnoticed and doesn’t warrant a mention.

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1781 on: May 24, 2021, 02:24:03 PM »
100% I can't remember free we're he gets paid like the other forwards this year.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tom Lynch gone for the medium term with torn cartilage in right knee (RFC)
« Reply #1782 on: May 26, 2021, 03:49:20 PM »
Tom Lynch will be sidelined for the medium term, after scans this week revealed he had torn cartilage in his right knee.

https://twitter.com/Richmond_FC/status/1397428779803312130

:(

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1783 on: May 26, 2021, 03:50:21 PM »
RIP season. Unleash CCJ

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Tom Lynch out for the medium term with knee injury [updated]
« Reply #1784 on: May 26, 2021, 04:05:04 PM »
Richmond key forward Tom Lynch will be sidelined for the medium term with a knee injury.

Scans this week revealed Lynch had torn cartilage in his right knee that would require an arthroscope to repair.

The 28-year-old will have the procedure this week.

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/945444/knee-injury-to-sideline-lynch