Author Topic: Tom Lynch [merged]  (Read 471005 times)

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tom Lynch [merged]
« Reply #2385 on: July 13, 2024, 03:04:32 PM »
I hope I am wrong but it would not surprise me if Lynch does not play a game for remainder of season.

That would actually be a smart move if we're being honest

What would be the point of that? Is it to wrap him in cotton wool and focus on getting him right again for the start of next season? Because I can garauntee you he will get injured in pre-season or at the start of next.

Tom’s a very injury prone player. Has been his entire career. Couple that with the incompetence of our fitness department and it’s a recipe for disaster.

To keep him away from our current fitness people with the hope that a new broom will sweep through and put a program together for him that works

💯 agree with that . WP a you aware of any reviews at the club and changes happening  ?.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2386 on: July 13, 2024, 03:49:26 PM »
I hope I am wrong but it would not surprise me if Lynch does not play a game for remainder of season.

That would actually be a smart move if we're being honest

What would be the point of that? Is it to wrap him in cotton wool and focus on getting him right again for the start of next season? Because I can garauntee you he will get injured in pre-season or at the start of next.

Tom’s a very injury prone player. Has been his entire career. Couple that with the incompetence of our fitness department and it’s a recipe for disaster.

To keep him away from our current fitness people with the hope that a new broom will sweep through and put a program together for him that works

💯 agree with that . WP a you aware of any reviews at the club and changes happening  ?.

No, I'm not

But the Club doesn't leak like it used too and I always think that's a good thing despite how frustrating we the fans find it. Some things are best kept within the 4 walls
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2387 on: July 24, 2024, 11:44:13 PM »
Tigers forward pushing to play this season despite injury setbacks

By AAP
24 July 2024

SIDELINED Richmond spearhead Tom Lynch is determined to play again before the season's end rather than be put in cotton wool.

Lynch, 31, has been limited to just eight games across the past two campaigns due to foot and hamstring injuries.

The Tigers listed Lynch as three-to-four weeks away in their Tuesday injury update, where they also noted he hadn't experienced a full pre-season in three years.

But Lynch, currently recovering from a hamstring complaint, indicated he would prefer to play to help out the cellar-dwelling Tigers and give him a launchpad into the pre-season.

"Against Hawthorn, I just did a minor hamstring but just with my history over the last couple of years, I've just had no continuity," he said.

"So we just need to sort of build up very slowly and hopefully get the last couple of games in.

"The club and I will have a chat when I get closer to a return date. Obviously I want to get out to play footy.

"I'll do my best to prepare myself to play and if it becomes too tight in the end and the risk is too great, I probably won't play. But if it's not, I'll be looking forward to getting out there and helping."

Lynch said he had "no idea" whether Dustin Martin, who has missed three games with a back injury and has been linked to a move to Gold Coast, would remain at Punt Road.

"All I know is that he's committed to playing this year," he said.

"He's been in this week, training really well. So hopefully he plays this weekend."

Fremantle and West Coast are both chasing the uncontracted Liam Baker.

Lynch, who joined Richmond from the Suns at the end of 2018 and quickly won back-to-back premierships, had empathy for his teammates.

"Clearly I'd love Liam to sign on and stay at the football club. He's an incredible player, he's a great leader for us, he's our vice captain. But he'll have to weigh up that," he said.

"Obviously the pull back to Perth and being in his home state's weighing on his mind and obviously we haven't had a great year. So he'll weigh all that.

"Clearly we'd love for him to stay but we'll support him either way."

Lynch declared himself committed to helping the Tigers bounce back.

"Rebuild - it's a bit of a buzzword but I believe next year we can really bounce," he said.

"We can get a couple good draft picks in, we'll hopefully have better luck on the injury front and I think we can play some pretty good footy next year.

"Obviously we're 18th on the ladder for a reason, we've got a lot of work to do, but I'm committed to playing for the Richmond footy club and helping as best I can."

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1179546/richmond-tigers-forward-tom-lynch-pushing-to-play-this-season-despite-injury-setbacks

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2388 on: July 25, 2024, 08:14:28 AM »
Don't bother.

Shelve him for the year. See if he's tradeable otherwise get him right for 2025 with a new S&C coach.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2389 on: August 08, 2024, 07:09:17 PM »
The factor that may 'override all' as Tigers weigh up Lynch call

The Tigers are considering taking a conservative approach with gun forward Tom Lynch

By AAP
8 Aug 2024

The prospect of Tom Lynch having a full summer program to prepare for 2025 could override Richmond's interest in getting the key forward back on the park this year.

Lynch, who has managed just one game since March because of hamstring injuries, will be in full training this week as the Tigers prepare for their first game since club great Dustin Martin's retirement.

Lynch won't play against St Kilda at Marvel Stadium on Sunday, but is a chance to feature against Hawthorn or Gold Coast over the final two rounds.

Coach Adem Yze said Richmond is considering taking a conservative route with the 31-year-old, who enters the final season of his lucrative seven-year deal in 2025.

"To play one game of AFL footy to finish off the season might be a bit too high-risk," Yze said.

"We'll make that decision at the end of next week when we'll have enough volume of training that we're in a position to make that decision.

"He hasn't had a pre-season for two years, so that might override all of that."

Lynch will be important to Richmond's chances of climbing away from the foot of the ladder in Yze's second season in charge, with the first destroyed by a raft of injuries.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1190703/the-factor-that-may-override-all-as-richmond-tigers-weigh-up-tom-lynch-call

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2390 on: August 08, 2024, 10:51:56 PM »
Will make little difference to our chance next year with the list the way it is
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2391 on: August 09, 2024, 07:29:21 AM »

He'll give us 2 things we're dearly missed in 2024, structure up forward and more importantly leadership

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2392 on: August 09, 2024, 08:25:07 AM »

He'll give us 2 things we're dearly missed in 2024, structure up forward and more importantly leadership

apparently this doesn't mean jack poo anymore,

cumberland, Brown, mansell and co are seasoned professionals and can handle things themselves :shh
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2393 on: August 09, 2024, 09:27:23 AM »
Rest him. Focus on 2025

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2394 on: August 12, 2024, 01:42:05 AM »
Tom Lynch still remains an outside chance to feature against Gold Coast in round 24, having injured his hamstring in mid-June. At the time, he was slated to only miss around two matches with a "minor" injury.

"We'll probably have a discussion at the end of [this] week. He's going to have a full week of training, and I doubt if he'll be available for the Hawthorn game (in round 23) anyway, so we'll make that decision as to whether he comes back for that one game," Yze said.

"It'll be a collaborative decision, but we'll let our supporters know especially, what that plan is – whether we put him on ice for next year, or whether he gets one more game."

Source: AFL website

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2395 on: August 26, 2024, 12:31:01 AM »
"I believe that Tom Lynch will be a person of interest for both Collingwood and Melbourne."

With the Dees & Pies both hunting a key forward, Damian Barrett believes they will consider a play for the two-time Premiership Tiger.

#9AFLSFS

https://x.com/FootyonNine/status/1827535676474323418

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2396 on: August 26, 2024, 12:38:27 AM »
"I believe that Tom Lynch will be a person of interest for both Collingwood and Melbourne."

With the Dees & Pies both hunting a key forward, Damian Barrett believes they will consider a play for the two-time Premiership Tiger.

#9AFLSFS

https://x.com/FootyonNine/status/1827535676474323418
"They won't have to give much due to his salary." - Barrett

:facepalm :lol

With all our retirements and any potential trades out, we will have plenty of salary cap space next year. So why would we give up Lynch for nix?! ::) Add the fact, the Pies have no first round pick this year. Seriously, these media clowns just make up crap :stupid.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2397 on: August 26, 2024, 05:35:25 AM »
He maybe "a person of interest to other clubs" but I very much doubt Tom Lynch would be at all interested in leaving  :whistle :shh

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2398 on: August 26, 2024, 11:16:19 AM »
Given who is already leaving I'd be inclined to keep him

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2399 on: August 26, 2024, 11:39:17 AM »
I have spoken to Lynch quite a few times, and IMO is cut from the broad type of character. Very Humble and loyal.

That being said if there is any truth to this then i would ditch my club membership for next year.

I can accept bolton, baker and as much i dont like it Rioli but to trade out Lynch would be a disgrace especially knowing duds like Meehan who contributed to this are still there.

There is no way we should trade out Lynch who is required to teach guys like Bauer and Lefau. Especially to a club like Collingwood as well.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.