Author Topic: Tom Lynch [merged]  (Read 475945 times)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
Re: Tom Lynch [merged]
« Reply #2370 on: June 24, 2024, 05:03:44 PM »
It's very difficult to defend the club when there is a clear pattern. This is an asset that we are paying +million bucks a year and we are stuffing around with his health and fitness.
Go Tigers!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2371 on: June 24, 2024, 05:43:53 PM »
Tom Lynch Injury Update

richmondfc.com.au
24 June 2024

Richmond forward Tom Lynch will miss at least the next two weeks due to a hamstring injury.

The key forward came from the ground for an extended rotation late in the Club’s most recent game against Hawthorn as a conservative approach after he felt general soreness late into his return match.

Scans have since revealed that he suffered a minor hamstring strain to his right leg. Lynch’s previous injury layoff had been due to an issue on his opposite left side.

Richmond General Manager- Football Performance Tim Livingstone said the injury would likely only keep Lynch out for another two weeks, having already rested for nine days since the Hawthorn match.

“Unfortunately, Tom did not pull up from the game well, so after further investigation on his right hamstring, we sent him for some scans, and they have come back and shown a minor strain,” he said.

“Upon return to the Club on Friday, Tom commenced straight back with the rehab group and is tracking along in his recovery for what we anticipate will be a return in the Round 18 game against GWS.

“Tom is an important player for us and put in a lot of work to get himself back to full fitness, so it is disappointing he will miss some more football, but also important that we get him right.”

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/1584861/tom-lynch-injury-update

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2372 on: June 24, 2024, 05:57:41 PM »

Wild.

Crazy we have someone on the payroll that unprofessional.

He will get defended again no doubt.

You really cannot help yourself with baiting can you? Your final comment is a clear bait

Anyways, unlike you who blames Meehan for every single injury I give him whacks for the things he is responsible for and this is one of those things.

He actually deserves to be sacked for this; how he and his team could get this so horribly wrong is unforgivable
« Last Edit: June 25, 2024, 07:17:39 AM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2373 on: June 24, 2024, 06:04:40 PM »
I certainly wouldn’t say I ‘defended’ him, moreso just didn’t blame him for injuries I didn’t think were within him and his teams control.

Enough is enough though. As I mentioned a few posts earlier, my mate who I went to the game with said he saw Lynch in the medical rooms at half time and he was by far the last person out of the rooms in the second half. The fact that they allowed him to come back on and play the second half is a diabolical decision.

If this same strength and conditioning team is still running come next season, then the club has a lot to answer for.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2374 on: June 25, 2024, 12:00:39 AM »
Since the ARC debacle in the Elimination Final of 2022 Lynch has played just 8 out of a possible 37 games. Brutal. #GoTiges

https://x.com/_tigertime/status/1805142502867165497

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2375 on: June 25, 2024, 12:18:32 AM »

:facepalm

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Tiger_In_Sicily

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2376 on: June 27, 2024, 03:07:59 PM »
There is something seriously wrong at Richmond at the moment, in all departments.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2377 on: July 12, 2024, 01:02:49 AM »
Yze said Tom Lynch’s return from a hamstring strain had been pushed back to get a two-week block of training into the luckless key forward before he returned.

The coach insisted it was “still worthwhile” for Lynch to play games this season.

“We can give him an opportunity to get back and get two weeks of volume into him. When he’s available, we’ll still have a month of footy … he can get some real benefit from the last month moving into the end of season,” he said.

Source: Foxsports

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2378 on: July 12, 2024, 09:00:50 AM »
We have botched his latest injury  :banghead
« Last Edit: July 12, 2024, 03:25:07 PM by georgies31 »

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2379 on: July 12, 2024, 01:43:24 PM »
I hope I am wrong but it would not surprise me if Lynch does not play a game for remainder of season.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2380 on: July 12, 2024, 08:33:07 PM »
I hope I am wrong but it would not surprise me if Lynch does not play a game for remainder of season.

That would actually be a smart move if we're being honest

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2381 on: July 12, 2024, 08:38:37 PM »
What would help his recovery is a comprehensive review of the fitness department and it's mismanagement of players.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2382 on: July 12, 2024, 09:09:33 PM »

What would be the point of that? Is it to wrap him in cotton wool and focus on getting him right again for the start of next season? Because I can garauntee you he will get injured in pre-season or at the start of next.

Tom’s a very injury prone player. Has been his entire career. Couple that with the incompetence of our fitness department and it’s a recipe for disaster.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #2383 on: July 12, 2024, 09:56:44 PM »
Just trade the stuffing cripple... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2384 on: July 13, 2024, 10:08:59 AM »

What would be the point of that? Is it to wrap him in cotton wool and focus on getting him right again for the start of next season? Because I can garauntee you he will get injured in pre-season or at the start of next.

Tom’s a very injury prone player. Has been his entire career. Couple that with the incompetence of our fitness department and it’s a recipe for disaster.

To keep him away from our current fitness people with the hope that a new broom will sweep through and put a program together for him that works