Author Topic: Tom Lynch [merged]  (Read 397630 times)

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Assuming he does want to come to us, Gold Coast would still match any offer. So how would we get a trade done? Doubt they would accept this years and next years pick 18...  :lol  :lol  :lol

There is no use matching and forcing a player to stay that wants to leave. If they finish bottom 4 then they would get a compo pick immediately after their pick so they would have two top 5 picks. They could then get a tall and a midfielder and build around them.

Don't think its as simple as that. Adelaide matched Geelongs offer to force them to come up with a better deal. They could easily get more than a single pick inside the top 5 from quite a few teams id suspect.

Probably wont be. Richmond could also offer to trade a player like Miles or B Ellis for a nothing pick as a separate deal

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Assuming he does want to come to us, Gold Coast would still match any offer. So how would we get a trade done? Doubt they would accept this years and next years pick 18...  :lol  :lol  :lol

There is no use matching and forcing a player to stay that wants to leave. If they finish bottom 4 then they would get a compo pick immediately after their pick so they would have two top 5 picks. They could then get a tall and a midfielder and build around them.

Don't think its as simple as that. Adelaide matched Geelongs offer to force them to come up with a better deal. They could easily get more than a single pick inside the top 5 from quite a few teams id suspect.

Probably wont be. Richmond could also offer to trade a player like Miles or B Ellis for a nothing pick as a separate deal

Yeah some players would have to be traded to get some picks but doubt it would be those 2 considering Miles was available to all clubs for practically nothing and no one was seriously interested, and yeah Brandon Ellis don’t think we’d be getting much for him.

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Don't fret, one of the WA clubs should give us something decent for Sampi Bolton.... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Dougeytherichmondfan

Don't fret, one of the WA clubs should give us something decent for Sampi Bolton.... :shh
I doubt we'd see a pick before the 40s if the status quo remains.

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
Sounds to me like someone is very scared of lynch comming to the tiges and doing what ever they can to circumvent that happening by driving discord between the two clubs, don't you just love the Journos.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
I doubt we'd see a pick before the 40s if the status quo remains.

If Lachie Weller can fetch pick 2 anything's possible.... :shh

- Gustav Mahler

Dougeytherichmondfan

Sounds to me like someone is very scared of lynch comming to the tiges and doing what ever they can to circumvent that happening by driving discord between the two clubs, don't you just love the Journos.
You give them too much credit. You really think one of those flogs with a loud opinion has any influence over what trades get done? Lol.

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
You give them too much credit. You really think one of those flogs with a loud opinion has any influence over what trades get done? Lol.

Yes I do, because they can. It just depends on how much of a wedge they can drive between the two clubs, its very easy to get two parties to fight against each other that sets up a barrier to getting anything done, all you have to do is lie to one party about the other and vice versa and co-operation stops dead, its the easiest trick in the world, try it some time.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Dougeytherichmondfan

Yes I do, because they can. It just depends on how much of a wedge they can drive between the two clubs, its very easy to get two parties to fight against each other that sets up a barrier to getting anything done, all you have to do is lie to one party about the other and vice versa and co-operation stops dead, its the easiest trick in the world, try it some time.
Please find an example of the media directly influencing a trade and I'll go hee.....

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richmond has the salary cap to poach Gold Coast captain Tom Lynch on big money deal

SAM LANDSBERGER,
Herald Sun
April 14, 2018

RICHMOND has armed itself with enough salary cap space to poach Gold Coast Suns superstar Tom Lynch.

The reigning premiers are confident they can afford the restricted free agent just 12 months after re-signing Brownlow Medallist Dustin Martin on the richest contract in Tigers history.

Lynch, 25, is likely to command about $1.2 million per season from 2019.

That means a five-year contract would likely cost about $6 million. Last year the Tigers signed Martin on a seven-year deal worth more than $8 million.

The Tigers have long held an interest in Lynch, who would reunite with premiership midfielder Dion Prestia at Punt Rd.

The pair spent six years at the Suns together after Prestia was drafted at No.9 and Lynch at No.10 in 2010.

The key to Lynch’s decision is whether he wants to spend the prime of his career at a powerhouse club or remain at the Suns.

Richmond’s war chest might surprise some of its players, who accepted smaller contracts last year because they believed the salary cap was tight.

The Herald Sun revealed the Tigers have cracked an AFL-record 90,000 members meanwhile Gold Coast signed less than 12,000 last season.

But those who know the Sorrento star say he is a loyal person and they wouldn’t be surprised if he stays.

Lynch’s biggest contract offer is likely to come from the Suns and his commitment to new coach Stuart Dew would be a major boost to the future of the AFL-controlled franchise.

Lynch could then be topped up further at Gold Coast by receiving an AFL ambassadorship.

But Lynch also appears the perfect fit at Tigerland as Jack Riewoldt enters the twilight of his career.

Riewoldt turns 30 in October and Richmond’s young key forwards, including draftee Callum Coleman-Jones (200cm), are still developing.

The Tigers can offer Lynch the opportunity to take his game to the next level by playing in front of an A-grade midfield.

Lynch has kicked 243 goals from 124 games but has played only 10 at the MCG.

The Tigers hunted a key forward last year and interviewed Josh Schache.

They went cold on Schache before the trade period and would’ve been aware Lynch was set to become a free agent this year.

Hawthorn has also been linked to Lynch although it has traditionally baulked at giving out seven-figure contracts.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/richmond/richmond-has-the-salary-cap-to-poach-gold-coast-captain-tom-lynch-on-big-money-deal/news-story/e4992c77534d535e834ff63a3f58d0d3

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richmond has the "flexibility" to target big-name players says Gale

By SEN
14 April 2018

Richmond CEO Brendon Gale said the Tigers have the resources to target a big-name player in the coming off-season.

The reigning premiers have been linked to Gold Coast captain Tom Lynch, but Gale doesn’t want to engage in those discussions after going through it with Dustin Martin in 2017.

“After having the year I did last year with Martin, I think it’s very unedifying to be commenting on players in that respect, so as far as I’m concerned he’s a Gold Coast player and a good young man,” Gale told the AFL Nation pre-game show.

“All I’d say is we do have the flexibility to, if we think there’s a player who meets our needs and wants to come and make a contribution to our club, we could have a discussion.

“Part of the challenge of managing a list is making sure your players are well rewarded for what they give to the club and delivered, but you do it in a way where if opportunities do arise you want to give yourself every chance.”

Gale said his club will look for improvement within before searching for free agents.

“I think if you look at our list and the age profile of our list, we’re pretty young so you’d think there’s still some organic improvement in our players and some of our best players are still in their prime,” Gale said.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/04/14/richmond-has-the-flexibility-to-target-big-name-players-says-gale/

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
Robbo just stirred Jack R up again about Lynch
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
Rumours just won’t go away :shh

Dougeytherichmondfan

In all seriousness, how the bloody hell do we afford him. We can't possibly?!

See what spending the cap on a few players did to St.Kilda?

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
Balmey ain't no Pelican....:shh

- Gustav Mahler