Author Topic: Tom Lynch [merged]  (Read 408307 times)

Dougeytherichmondfan

Are we paying Lids contract this season to ?.
georgies, we did reportedly agree to "pay a substantial portion" of Lids' GWS contract.

RICHMOND will pay a portion of Brett Deledio’s new contract at Greater Western Sydney, in what was a key element that secured the deal between the clubs.

Deledio has agreed to a new contract with GWS, in which he will be paid about $1.5 million over three seasons.

But the Tigers, who were due to pay Deledio more than $700,000 in 2017, will pay a substantial portion of the star’s new contract, which makes him a relatively cheap purchase for the Giants, purely in dollar terms.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/richmond-to-pay-portion-of-brett-deledios-contract-at-gws-giants/news-story/2797d13d077ed55221db76819e998963

Edit: Cheers YaBB  :cheers.
Can anyone in the know clarify?

Are we paying Lids anything post 2017!!!???

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
I'm guessing we paid around 300k for the first year of his new GWS contract. Nothing beyond that. We facilitated a move for him, paid some of his contract last year and that would be it. I'd be astounded if we were shipping any money for his 2nd season
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
I'm guessing we paid around 300k for the first year of his new GWS contract.

We paid a lot more than that; all reports were we paid nearly all of it and that would be pretty close to the mark
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
And he missed most of the season or when he played was 20% of the player he was for us.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders

We paid a lot more than that; all reports were we paid nearly all of it and that would be pretty close to the mark

Oh well, money well spent. We had a decent 2017  :snidegrin
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond

Yes we did and I've always been off the belief we became a better team when he left.

I understand others disagree, but him wanting out has been big win for us
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Dougeytherichmondfan

Yes we did and I've always been off the belief we became a better team when he left.

I understand others disagree, but him wanting out has been big win for us
Agreed. adios Delids.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
The Deledio trade was as much oncology as it was list management.... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tigers 'mad' not to chase Lynch: Cotchin

AAP
27/05/2018 at 2:08 pm

Richmond skipper Trent Cotchin believes the Tigers’ apple cart would cope just fine with the addition of prized free agent Tom Lynch.

The Gold Coast co-captain’s signature is being hotly sought as he ponders a go-home move to Victoria or whether to stick with the club he helped build.

Richmond are believed to be among the frontrunners to secure the talented 25-year-old key forward.

But premiership Tiger Alex Rance cautioned his club against going after a big name for fear the exorbitant money required would “upset the apple cart” at Punt Road.

However, the man who played a key role in creating the club’s winning team-first culture has encouraged Richmond’s pursuit of Lynch.

“I haven’t taken him out for a coffee, but from all reports he’s an amazing person and you’d be mad not to be having a look at him,” Cotchin told Channel Seven’s Game Day.

“He’s an amazing talent and you’re always looking to further progress your list.

“If he wants to come for the right reasons and it fits within our structures, of course you’d explore the opportunity.”

Bachar Houli, Jacob Townsend, Jayden Short, Shai Bolton, Nathan Broad and Shaun Grigg are among the players on a long list who remain unsigned for next year as the Tigers build a free agency war chest.

Former Suns coach Rodney Eade, who coached Lynch for three years, believes he won’t want to break the bank wherever he chooses to play his football.

“Tom is the sort of person you would want to recruit – great character, very competitive, very team-orientated,” Eade said.

“I wouldn’t have thought that money is going to be a big issue either way.

“I think his decision will be made about success.

“I would think Richmond would be looking at him because Jack (Riewoldt) is their only tall forward and he’s nearly 30.

“Having a guy who is 6-foot-5 and can run like Tom and be a target … I think he’d fit in there really well.”

https://www.sportsnews.com.au/afl/tigers-mad-not-to-chase-lynch-cotchin/435207

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
I thought we’d already signed up broad?
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
taztiger posted on here that Broad has re-signed for 2 years but I don't think it's been publicly announced in the media.

Offline taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
taztiger posted on here that Broad has re-signed for 2 years but I don't think it's been publicly announced in the media.

correct

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
On Footy Classified last night:

Tom Lynch to Richmond? Hutchy believes that Collingwood would be the best fit. Do you think Lynch should move or stick with the Suns?

VIDEO: https://twitter.com/FootyClassified/status/1001080208160538624

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Is big Tom warming to the Gold Coast?

Michael Whiting
afl.com.au
May 29, 2018

TOM LYNCH has declared his fitness for Saturday's match against Geelong but is still up in the air about his long-term future – despite a cheeky quip about Melbourne weather.

The Gold Coast co-captain missed three matches with a knee injury but went through an extensive session on Monday to prove his availability to play the Cats.

"I'm fit to go, 100 per cent I'll be right," Lynch said on Tuesday morning.

Lynch carried the injury for a week or two before deciding to take a break to get it right.

He said although it was frustrating watching the Suns lose three games while he watched from the sidelines, it was the right decision.

"It got to a point where I needed a rest," he said.

"I couldn't keep going or it would hinder me in the back half of the year.

"Three weeks off, plus the bye freshened me up.

"I managed to get some good training into the knee and I feel a lot more confident. The knee is in a much better spot than it was."

Although his immediate future is locked in, the restricted free agent said a week in Melbourne over the bye was not enough to clear up his thoughts beyond 2017.

"I was pretty focused on my knee, that's all I could think about," he said.

"I just narrowed my focus on that and now I'm looking forward to getting back out there.

"I was pretty happy getting back to the warm weather; it was a bit cold down there."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-05-29/soughtafter-lynch-warms-to-the-gold-coast

Dougeytherichmondfan

Ole Ricky Nixon reckons we're no chance to land Lynch.

Caught Ed and co. Schmoozing Lynch in Sorrento he reckons.

https://twitter.com/rickynixontoot/status/1002015412593176576