Author Topic: Tom Lynch [merged]  (Read 397663 times)

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
Mitch Cleary on SEN just now said Tom Lynch wants to get back to his family in Victoria and play in a premiership before his footy career is finish. Reckons Richmond will be able to get him for $500-600k less than what Gold Coast is offering. It says it all about where the Gold Coast are as a club that another club can prise a top player away from them for significantly less than what they can pay. In almost every other case, you have to pay overs not unders to get a top line player to move.

This is exactly what I have been told all along by people very close to him.
The figures that the media have been putting out are what they think he’s worth, not what he wants.
He just wants to come home and would take way less money to do so, it’s just a matter of working out a deal with the Gold Coast as we are 100% his first choice.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Length of contract to be decisive as Tom Lynch weighs up his future (H-Sun)
« Reply #407 on: July 12, 2018, 08:17:28 AM »
Length of contract to be decisive as Gold Coast captain Tom Lynch weighs up his future

MARK ROBINSON,
Chief Football Writer, Herald Sun
July 12, 2018

FREE agent Tom Lynch will sign a two-year deal worth up to $2.5 million — if he stays at Gold Coast.

But he will sign a deal for as long as seven years — at either Richmond, Collingwood or Hawthorn — and be paid about $1 million a season, if he returns to Victoria.

On the day free agent Rory Sloane agreed to a five-year contract extension at Adelaide, Lynch’s future was no clearer.

Unofficially, it’s almost certain Lynch won’t be at Gold Coast next year.

Richmond is considered the favourite to land Lynch, but major talks to come with the Tigers, Hawthorn and Collingwood will decide his final destination.

The length of term will be a decisive issue.

“If Rory Sloane can get five years to stay at Adelaide, then Tom Lynch, who is 25, should get six, probably seven years if he moves,’’ an industry source told the Herald Sun yesterday.

The Suns are understood to have verbally offered a five-year deal, which would make Lynch one of the highest-paid players in the AFL, and have recently asked for a decision as soon as possible from their foundation player.

That the captain had not already committed to next year has Suns officials fearing the worst.

Lynch’s discussions with the Suns and his three suitors have stalled in recent weeks.

His manager Paul Connors has recently returned from overseas, while Lynch will have an operation on his injured PCL next week, which will require between four and six months rehabilitation.

Although there is slight concern about the impact of the injury, it’s anticipated it won’t drastically affect contract talks.

Clearly, if it was a money decision, Lynch would remain at Gold Coast.

The remote chance of him staying would be a massive show of loyalty, in that he would give the Suns another two years to convince him they were a club with a strong future.

It’s understood Lynch has a terrific relationship with coach Stuart Dew and his teammates.

However, the lure of home after eight seasons as a Sun, and the prospect of on-field success, is powerful.

The five-year commitment from Sloane pleased both the Crows and AFL great Leigh Matthews.

“While it is a human right for players to move to the club of their choice for whatever reason, personally I applaud the stayers,” Matthews tweeted yesterday. “Those who have the resilience and strength of character to remain one club players, so very well done to Rory Sloane.”

The 28-year-old, who was pursued by several Victorian teams, admitted there had been a “lot to weigh up’’.

“This is a great footy club and I have said many times before how much I respect and love the place and people, particularly the playing group’’ Sloane said.

“There is always a lot to weigh up, especially given Belinda (wife) and I are about to start a family, and we have been in constant talks with the club for some time.

“I’m super excited about what the future holds, both from a personal and football perspective.”

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/more-news/length-of-contract-to-be-decisive-as-gold-coast-captain-tom-lynch-weighs-up-his-future/news-story/a4760ca68235b014f1325f40fd5101bf

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
Coincidence but Balmy and Tom at Tullamarine.

It's coffee time.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Ch 7 just showed footage of Tom Lynch at the airport and standing next to him was Balmey  ;).

Lynch is in Melbourne to decide his future. They'll be showing his interview with Ch 7 later in their sports report (6.45pm).

Edit: beat me to it, roger  :thumbsup.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Lock it in

Dougeytherichmondfan

Ch 7 just showed footage of Tom Lynch at the airport and standing next to him was Balmey  ;).

Lynch is in Melbourne to decide his future. They'll be showing his interview with Ch 7 later in their sports report (6.45pm).

Edit: beat me to it, roger  :thumbsup.
Bloke commented on the RFC fan FB page saying he was on the same flight, that they bumped into each other as the Tigers were arriving at the airport at the same time and it was only a few sent news exchanges.

Sounds like it may have been blown out of proportion ? :huh

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
The interview for a non event

Siad he was going in to have surgery

Catching up with family then heading back to the Gold Coast

::)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 09:28:09 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

dwaino

What number will he wear?

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
Castagnas hopefully
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT