Author Topic: Tom Lynch [merged]  (Read 397652 times)

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
Re: Tom Lynch to be a Tiger [update]
« Reply #930 on: September 12, 2018, 07:14:56 PM »
Hey we are all stressed out about finals but really guys??
Take a chill pill.
B Ellis played pretty well in the GF.
He puts himself on the line every game and is a player of the RFC.
Show a little respect

I don't think its about respect mint, personaly i just don't think he is good enough, i think we have players that are better than him, MILES is one of them.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #931 on: September 12, 2018, 10:55:04 PM »
Take a chill pill.
Show a little respect

I don't think its about respect mint, personaly i just don't think he is good enough, i think we have players that are better than him, MILES is one of them.

Miles is better he is a vfl footballer that's all.Ellis is proven in finals and was one of our standouts last season in all 3 games.Yeah hasn't been in great form ,but he can still break in our best 22.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #932 on: September 13, 2018, 12:40:04 PM »
Take a chill pill.
Show a little respect

Actually I really don't think he puts himself on the line enough, that's my biggest problem with him.

Yes I have seen him go back with the flight of the ball from time to time, but it surprises me too much. Guys like Vlastuin, Grimes, Rance, Broad, Cotch...we know exactly what kind of effort we will get from them.

Brandon takes the soft option too often, and as previously said he is terrified of making mistakes and often puts his team mates under pressure instead of trying to get a damaging disposal off his own boot or take a hit.

It's a shame because if I was half as gifted athletically I would jump on a effin sword for this club and I hate seeing people like him run out in our jumper and jib it.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #933 on: September 15, 2018, 02:26:22 AM »
Lynch was at the Haw vs Melb SF last night:

Tom Lynch at the MCG to watch.. his future team? 🤔 Maybe we shouldn’t rule the Hawks out just yet #AFLHawksDees #AFLFinals

https://twitter.com/Adrian9Johnson6/status/1040530376702062592

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #934 on: September 15, 2018, 07:33:49 AM »
Wow...one look at the garbage Hawthorn dished up for 3/4 of last night's game and he would be running the opposite direction.

Hawks are stuffed. Old guys are too old and slow. A few handy middle-aged players, largely traded in. Not enough youth coming up. Same with Sydney and Geelong.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #935 on: September 15, 2018, 08:48:31 AM »
Or maybe he is just getting the feel of what it’s like to play in front of 90 thousand fans every few weeks.
 :gotigers

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #936 on: September 15, 2018, 10:22:03 AM »
Or maybe he is just getting the feel of what it’s like to play in front of 90 thousand fans every few weeks.
 :gotigers
:clapping
The club that keeps giving.

Online Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #937 on: September 15, 2018, 10:52:13 AM »
Wow...one look at the garbage Hawthorn dished up for 3/4 of last night's game and he would be running the opposite direction.

Hawks are stuffed. Old guys are too old and slow. A few handy middle-aged players, largely traded in. Not enough youth coming up. Same with Sydney and Geelong.
Frawley a deadset liability last night, looked vulnerable every time the ball headed in his direction.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #938 on: September 15, 2018, 11:40:52 AM »
Gee the cattle on the paddock can make a game plan look like sh1te. That possession game looked completely outdated last night. With a more composure the Dees might’ve won by more
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #939 on: September 15, 2018, 12:40:15 PM »
Wallace worried free agency is turning the AFL into the EPL

By Nic Negrepontis
SEN
15 Sep 2018

Hall of Famer Terry Wallace says he’s worried free agency could lead to the AFL becoming more like the EPL in the long term.

With both Gold Coast captains, Tom Lynch and Steven May, likely set to head to Victorian powerhouses in the trade period, Wallace is concerned about the future of the competition.

“I’m really frustrated with the way the system is playing out,” Wallace told SEN Afternoons.

“You’re getting all of these players leaving bottom clubs and going to top clubs and we are – I don’t want to overplay it – but the EPL is in a situation where only basically five or six clubs can win every year.

“They’re the elite and everyone goes to those five or six clubs. If you want to try and win one, you go to those five or six clubs.

“The other clubs become almost a breeding ground and when their players become good, they go.

“And this is what we’re getting to here.”

Wallace points out the last two premiership winners – the Bulldogs and Richmond – have risen out of nowhere, but says his concern is more in the long term.

“The more that this system is playing out the more the likelihood of us becoming (an EPL) type of situation, because if (May) goes, where’s he going to go? Collingwood or Hawthorn,” he said.

“So you have one Gold Coast captain going to Richmond, the top team, and the other going to the third or fourth team in the competition.

“They have both picked the three top seeded (Victorian) sides in the competition.

“And what else happens then? The Gold Coast get high-end draft picks and they develop them up until they become the next group that walk out the door like Dion Prestia and Josh Caddy.

“I’m not having a crack at those guys at all. The cycle continues to play out.”

The former Western Bulldogs coach admits he doesn’t know what the solution to the problem is.

“Those that ring up and say only allow these guys to go to the bottom eight sides – you can’t because the rule was brought in for the players,” he said.

“It wasn’t brought in for the clubs, whether you like the rule, or you don’t like it, it’s too simplistic to say only go to the bottom eight, but I’m not liking the way that it’s playing out at all.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/09/14/wallace-worried-free-agency-is-turning-the-afl-into-the-epl/

Online Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #940 on: September 15, 2018, 12:55:29 PM »
Wallace worried free agency is turning the AFL into the EPL
By Nic Negrepontis
SEN
15 Sep 2018

Hall of Famer Terry Wallace says he’s worried free agency could lead to the AFL becoming more like the EPL in the long term.

With both Gold Coast captains, Tom Lynch and Steven May, likely set to head to Victorian powerhouses in the trade period, Wallace is concerned about the future of the competition.

“I’m really frustrated with the way the system is playing out,” Wallace told SEN Afternoons.

“You’re getting all of these players leaving bottom clubs and going to top clubs and we are – I don’t want to overplay it – but the EPL is in a situation where only basically five or six clubs can win every year.

“They’re the elite and everyone goes to those five or six clubs. If you want to try and win one, you go to those five or six clubs.

“The other clubs become almost a breeding ground and when their players become good, they go.

“And this is what we’re getting to here.”

Wallace points out the last two premiership winners – the Bulldogs and Richmond – have risen out of nowhere, but says his concern is more in the long term.

“The more that this system is playing out the more the likelihood of us becoming (an EPL) type of situation, because if (May) goes, where’s he going to go? Collingwood or Hawthorn,” he said.

“So you have one Gold Coast captain going to Richmond, the top team, and the other going to the third or fourth team in the competition.

“They have both picked the three top seeded (Victorian) sides in the competition.

“And what else happens then? The Gold Coast get high-end draft picks and they develop them up until they become the next group that walk out the door like Dion Prestia and Josh Caddy.

“I’m not having a crack at those guys at all. The cycle continues to play out.”

The former Western Bulldogs coach admits he doesn’t know what the solution to the problem is.

“Those that ring up and say only allow these guys to go to the bottom eight sides – you can’t because the rule was brought in for the players,” he said.

“It wasn’t brought in for the clubs, whether you like the rule, or you don’t like it, it’s too simplistic to say only go to the bottom eight, but I’m not liking the way that it’s playing out at all.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/09/14/wallace-worried-free-agency-is-turning-the-afl-into-the-epl/
Not really sure how anyone with any understanding of free agency could have ever thought that it would have worked out any other way. You would have to be very naive to believe that players would want to move from one lowly club to another, simply doesn't make any sense.

dwaino

« Reply #941 on: September 15, 2018, 01:08:05 PM »
Complains about free agency yet 3 of his 4 examples are trades.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #942 on: September 15, 2018, 02:27:49 PM »
What stupid commentary by Wallace. The top 6 teams in the epl maintain their level of ‘success’ because they are financially in another stratosphere to the other teams. The money and the success go hand in hand and players go to them to chase trophies but also because they can offer salaries far greater than the other teams because and this is the key point here, there’s no salary cap in European soccer.......

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #943 on: September 15, 2018, 03:02:41 PM »
Complains about free agency yet 3 of his 4 examples are trades.

And while I wouldn't disagree with citing the EPL example, Leicester City did win it not so long ago.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #944 on: September 15, 2018, 03:29:10 PM »
Spot on, TK. Money talks in elite professional sport especially in Western European Soccer where as you say there's no squad salary nor off-field football dept. caps. English Soccer started to become lopsided from the 1960s way before the EPL. Off-field factors such as TV, marketing, merchandise, etc allowed certain clubs the ability to generate growing revenues that they could then use on buying/poaching/training the best players to continually challenge for the title which in turn fed back into off-field revenues to continue the cycle. Liverpool, for instance, dominated pre-EPL during the 70s & 80s in the old Division One winning most of the trophies.  Modern powerhouses like Chelsea & Man City can thank wealthy Russian and Arab benefactors respectively. The latter doesn't work in the AFL (unlike the VFL) otherwise Carlton wouldn't have sucked for the best part of the past 17 years lol.

Success in AFL clubs is acheived by installing a culture where you have the best people best managing every aspect of the club on and off field and all on the same page moving in the same forward direction. The Suns are losing players because they have been a shambles in every aspect especially since the midpoint of Guy McKenna last season as coach (2014). Instead of doing a proper review why they fell away badly in the second half of that season (7-2 to 10-12), they just blamed and sacked the senior coach and replaced him with Rodney Eade based on reputation alone who turned out a flop up there. It was so Richmond 1980s/90s mentality. The Suns now need to start from scratch again under Dew and the likes of Lynch, May, Hall, etc don't want to go through another attempted full rebuild which most likely won't see the Suns playing finals until after they are retired. Compare the Suns to fellow bottom 4 club Brisbane who were in a similar boat only two years ago but have got their act together and now their players not only want to stay but the Lions are attracting top liners like Lachie Neale.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd