Author Topic: Richmond vs Melbourne @ M.C.G., R5 Anzac Eve  (Read 15363 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richmond vs Melbourne @ M.C.G., R5 Anzac Eve
« on: April 09, 2018, 03:48:04 AM »
Richmond and Melbourne’s Anzac Day eve clash might surpass Collingwood-Essendon

Herald Sun
April 8, 2018 10:23pm

BOTH are 2-1 and while it’s still a week away, it’s already being eyed off by fans not only of the two clubs — but across the AFL competition.

Richmond and Melbourne are both expected to be right there when the whips are cracking in September, and their new rivalry — forged by an Anzac eve clash — promises to be a cracker.

But could it be the new marquee game of the round?

Our panellists — Mick Warner, Jay Clark and Sam Landsberger — believe the game could draw a crowd in excess of 90,000.

“That’s got the potential to be bigger than Anzac Day (Collingwood v Essendon),” Herald Sun reporter Sam Landsberger said.

Colleague and fellow podcast member Jay Clark agreed.

“So Melbourne-Richmond could be the biggest regular-season game of the AFL fixture.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/more-news/richmond-and-melbournes-anzac-day-eve-clash-might-surpass-collingwoodessendon/news-story/50f28081ba6b00d864fafe03a3f269d2

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Rich-v-Melb Anzac Day eve clash might surpass Coll-v-Ess (H-Sun)
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2018, 06:53:23 AM »
If it wasa RFC home game then yes it would get a bigger crowd

But it's the Dees' home game this year so....

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2018, 07:06:28 AM »

I believe that the game is nearly a sell out and we know that the MCC will be full.....
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2018, 09:45:59 AM »

Bearing in mind I live interstate I always thought the number of MCG members actually attending dictated if the crowd was over 90,000 in these blockbuster games. And Melbourne has the majority of MCG members supporting them.

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2018, 03:01:59 PM »
Lucky snow season hasn't kicked in yet.
Don't forget to take a cheese platter guys.

dwaino

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2018, 04:36:35 PM »
Dreading this game. I don't even get satisfaction from beating them, just relief. Such a pee ant club. Never seen anyone pump up their own tyres for achieving absolutely so little more than this mob. The players and the supporters have such poo attitudes and the AFL continually props them up, doesn't matter what they do. They're borderline GWS with the amount of top draft picks they have running around they still can't fire a shot. Is there anything more ridiculous than the cardboard cutouts in their cheer squad? I don't know if it's creepy or juvenile. I got sick of being compared to them 10 years ago and they've had huge chips on their shoulders against us ever since. Hope the Hawks do them over and we do the same so they can miss the finals yet again after spending another off season beating their chests.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2018, 05:09:42 PM »
The complete farce of their "punishment" for being "not guilty of being not guilty of tanking" that subsequently became a reward is why any success they have will have no real credibilty and be a disgrace to the game.
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

dwaino

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2018, 05:22:41 PM »
If it weren't for their name and the MCC they would have packed up a long time ago.

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2018, 07:48:58 PM »
Dreading this game. I don't even get satisfaction from beating them, just relief. Such a pee ant club. Never seen anyone pump up their own tyres for achieving absolutely so little more than this mob. The players and the supporters have such poo attitudes and the AFL continually props them up, doesn't matter what they do. They're borderline GWS with the amount of top draft picks they have running around they still can't fire a shot. Is there anything more ridiculous than the cardboard cutouts in their cheer squad? I don't know if it's creepy or juvenile. I got sick of being compared to them 10 years ago and they've had huge chips on their shoulders against us ever since. Hope the Hawks do them over and we do the same so they can miss the finals yet again after spending another off season beating their chests.
Love this post. Haven't done anything worthy for over 50 years and still cry when the rest of the football world chuckle at their irrelevance. Entitled and arrogant for what?

Probably the 4th best day of last year for me was when we beat the Saints in the final home and away to secure the top 4 - and then on to the pub to watch West Coast run over Adelaide to steal Melbournes spot.  :lol :lol :lol

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2018, 08:16:56 PM »
The only thing relevant about Melbourne is that they are named after our city. Bit like James Packer really...
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

dwaino

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2018, 08:26:50 PM »
Love this post. Haven't done anything worthy for over 50 years and still cry when the rest of the football world chuckle at their irrelevance. Entitled and arrogant for what?

Probably the 4th best day of last year for me was when we beat the Saints in the final home and away to secure the top 4 - and then on to the pub to watch West Coast run over Adelaide to steal Melbournes spot.  :lol :lol :lol

I’ve got a Dees mate and it wasn’t long ago he would carry on how they’ve gone past us. When they played the Saints last year the winner was meant to be a lock for finals and loser out. Melbourne won and he put a photo on FB from the MCG with the caption “can you smell September?!” After West Coast beat Adelaide by whatever margin they needed to make finals I went back to that photo for a cheeky little ‘like’.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2018, 08:33:06 PM »
So good.
I found a twitter post from a crows fan on GF day wishing them all the best for an exciting day ahead. I liked it on Saturday
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2018, 11:35:33 AM »
The guernsey we will be wearing in the ANZAC EVE game:

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2018-04-09/anzac-day-eve-guernsey-launched

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richmond vs Melbourne @ M.C.G., R5 Anzac Eve
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2018, 08:08:30 PM »
AFL Round 5

Melbourne vs RICHMOND

Tuesday, April 24 (Anzac Eve) @ the M.C.G.

Start time: 7:25 pm

Odds (Crownbet):
Richmond   $1.45
Melbourne  $2.75

http://www.afl.com.au/match-centre/2018/5/melb-v-rich

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond vs Melbourne @ M.C.G., R5 Anzac Eve
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2018, 08:14:59 PM »
massive game, 8 point game.

4 points for us and 4 points that these tankers will lose

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.