Author Topic: Richmond vs West Coast @ Optus Stadium, Rnd 9, 2018 - Top of the Table clash!!!  (Read 22111 times)

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
Grigg going in the ruck against Nantanui was silly.This was a game horses for courses and we needed a couple of talls.Can't expect last seasons game plan to stack up again without fine tuning it.

Do the talls actually have to have an impact or is the fact they are tall is enough?

You don't know that until you play them and give them a go I guess.

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Grigg going in the ruck against Nantanui was silly.This was a game horses for courses and we needed a couple of talls.Can't expect last seasons game plan to stack up again without fine tuning it.

Do the talls actually have to have an impact or is the fact they are tall is enough?

Is it too late to redraft Todd Elton?

Or the bean stalk?

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
If Reece McKenzie is taking his meds.... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Wat about clean knees Hughes

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders

Is it too late to redraft Todd Elton?

Or the bean stalk?

Dioc has many bean stalks these days. As long as they're competing for a spot with Bellis, they've all got him covered apparently  :shh
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Bellis only got a gig in the GF because we needed Menadue for the sprint..... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Thinking more about the Eagles loss, ignoring the fact we were terrible aside from the 2nd qtr, there were at least some pros for later on in the season:

1. The premiership isn't decided in May and not in Perth (provided you avoid a PF there). You want to be peaking in August/September not now. The Eagles are flying now especially at home. Have they peaked too early? Remember we were 5-4 at this time last year after 4 straight losses (including 3 narrow ones).

2. The Eagles have shown their cards against us. We have shown a capacity in the past 18 months that we learn a lot from our losses and find countermeasures next time around to turn around the result. We won all 5 return meetings last year to sides we first up lost to.

3. Prestia was/is a big loss from our midfield. He's very underrated. Not only for his ballwinning ability inside but he frees up Cotch & Dusty. Hopefully he is back up and running when it matters  :pray (Same goes for Rioli's class up forward  :pray ).

4. We (wrongly) carried too many sore/underdone bodies last week. We've looked tired in the second half the past two weeks. The bye heading into the finals should have everyone as fresh as can be for September. It's doubtful also we'll have the same 22 running around as we continue to sort out our best 22 for 2018 (more than likely different from 2017).
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
Can add as a positive as well despite playing below par we were not thrashed and if we had been more accurate in the second quarter could have gone into the half time break ahead.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Can add as a positive as well despite playing below par we were not thrashed and if we had been more accurate in the second quarter could have gone into the half time break ahead.
True but we did get comprehensively smashed in the guts and across HF after half-time. Coughing up 13 goals in a half to only our 6 is a beating  :P.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
True but we did get comprehensively smashed in the guts and across HF after half-time. Coughing up 13 goals in a half to only our 6 is a beating  :P.

47 points is a bit of a thrashing in most books