Author Topic: Richmond vs Collingwood @ the M.C.G., Round 19, 2018  (Read 11776 times)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond vs Collingwood @ the M.C.G., Round 19, 2018
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2018, 06:46:15 PM »
Sidebottom in a bit of doubt as he is having a "Broad" operation......  :shh
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2018, 06:48:00 PM »
confirmed because apparently its not the case as per channel 9?

not sure what it is about this mob but gee this clash and other than finals i'm not sure what would be sweeter than this 4 points come 430 saturday

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2018, 06:50:02 PM »
confirmed?

not sure what it is about this mob but gee this clash and other than finals i'm not sure what would be sweeter than this 4 points come 430 saturday
It is FACT even if they deny it...  :shh

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2018, 07:44:20 PM »
The AFL website is tipping us to win by 22 pts.

Match preview: Richmond v Collingwood

Jennifer Phelan
afl.com.au
Jul 23, 2018

SUMMARY

The anticipation for this clash began building after the Magpies' sixth win in a row in round 15 catapulted them to second on the ladder behind the top-placed Tigers. Since, their round 17 loss to West Coast has relegated them to third but the hype hasn't abated, and why should it? Two big Victorian clubs, in form and marching towards September, in what many hope is a preview to a hotly contested final, at the MCG on a Saturday afternoon. The Tigers have recent bragging rights, having won the last three, including their round six clash by 43 points, but both teams will go in full of confidence after comprehensive victories over St Kilda and North Melbourne respectively in round 18. The Pies expect to regain Darcy Moore and have declared Steele Sidebottom a likely starter despite a head clash on Saturday while the Tigers are a chance to see Bachar Houli return.   

WHERE AND WHEN: the MCG, Saturday, July 28, 1.45pm AEST

LAST FIVE MEETINGS

R6, 2018, Richmond 16.17 (113) d Collingwood 10.10 (70) at the MCG
R2, 2017, Richmond 14.15 (99) d Collingwood 11.14 (80) at the MCG
R20, 2016, Richmond 14.8 (92) d Collingwood 11.11 (77) at the MCG
R2, 2016, Collingwood 13.9 (87) d Richmond 12.14 (86) at the MCG
R21, 2015, Richmond 23.9 (147) d Collingwood 7.14 (56) at the MCG

THE SIX POINTS

1. The Tigers remain undefeated at the MCG this season, having won all 10 of their matches there. They've won 22 of their last 24 starts at the venue since the start of 2017.

2. The Magpies are also MCG tenants, but haven't been quite as formidable there this season. They've won six games and lost five in 2018, but their run of recent form sees five of those wins from their last six starts.

3. There's a reason these two teams are pacesetters. The Tigers are ranked second for scoring and the Pies third, but there's more of a discrepancy when it comes to defence. The Tigers are ranked first in that area and the Pies eighth.

4. Josh Caddy, Jack Riewoldt and Dan Butler combined for 10 goals in round six. It was the first of four times this season Caddy has kicked four or more goals in a year that has him second at the club with 34 behind Jack Riewoldt (41).

5. There's been a big difference in the way these two teams play. The Pies continue to be the highest-disposal side with an average of 407 per game – and are the highest ranked uncontested possession team – while the Tigers are 13th with an average of 367.5. 

6. Fatherhood has agreed with Will Hoskin-Elliott this season with the former Giant enjoying a solid year. He put two quiet games behind him on the weekend to kick three against the Kangaroos and rise in the Schick AFL Player Ratings to 121st overall.

IT’S A BIG WEEK FOR…

Toby Nankervis and Brodie Grundy fought out an enthralling battle back in round six, with the Tigers' big man winning the battle around the ground and the Magpie claiming the points in the ruck contests. Nankervis fought back after Grundy got the early jump, so both will be keen to assert themselves on the contest from the word go.

PREDICTION: Richmond by 22 points

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-07-23/match-preview-richmond-v-collingwood

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2018, 11:15:26 PM »
We're now everybody's Grand Final ...

Collingwood utility Tom Phillips says this weekend’s mouth-watering clash against top-of-the-table Richmond is like a “mini Grand Final.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/07/24/magpies-star-phillips-describes-tigers-blockbuster-as-a-'mini-grand-final'/

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2018, 07:47:25 AM »

Yep, the only reason Im worried is because I cant stand losing to this mob.
That said I reckon we have them covered and if we bring it, quite easily!

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2018, 09:42:51 AM »
Sidebottom didn't need plating in the end. Just needed the fracture reduced. So pretty likely he'll play.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2018, 10:25:50 AM »
Seems the Pies gameplan this week is to try to win it out of the middle cleanly and kick it to Mason Cox one out hoping to bypass Rance. Good luck with that lol :whistle.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday will mark the second time in 2018 the Magpies and Tigers have faced off at the MCG. A round six match-up resulted in a 43-point Richmond win, despite Collingwood holding a half time lead.

Pendlebury believes the lessons learned will be crucial to overcoming the reigning premiers this time around.

While star defender Alex Rance poses a constant threat, the five-time Copeland Trophy winner is more focussed on what’s expected to be a star-studded midfield match-up.

“For us, the battle starts way before that battle with Rance. It starts around the footy,” he said.

“We can’t afford to be sloppy with our ball use and switch off and let Rance just roll over and help out a teammate by taking a mark.

“(But) you can’t get preoccupied with where he is... If we see him one-on-one with Mason Cox this weekend, we have to take that. That’s a good look for us inside 50 and we need to make him defend.”

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2018-07-24/pendlebury-how-we-can-beat-the-tigers

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2018, 10:33:11 AM »

Yep, the only reason Im worried is because I cant stand losing to this mob.
That said I reckon we have them covered and if we bring it, quite easily!

Correct. If it were any other club in the 8 I wouldn’t be that worried but something about losing to this scum in such a big game doesn’t sit well with me

8 point game for 2 reasons but the biggest is to send eddie and his stooges back where they belong and snuff out any hope of a 2017 type September surge 
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2018, 11:25:59 AM »
That big American dude is much improved but the Rance at his best will take him to the cleaners if we put enough pressure on their mids when delivering inside 50
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2018, 12:05:08 PM »
That big American dude is much improved but the Rance at his best will take him to the cleaners if we put enough pressure on their mids when delivering inside 50

Astbury will play on Cox. 

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2018, 12:19:59 PM »
Easy. Just work him under the ball and Our backs are expert at doing this.

If it’s raining then it’s going to be easier for us anyway.

I think it’s the middle where we need to be at our best. They have some real good mids even without Treloar and we need to be on our pressure game from the outset. Youngster Graham is a big loss in that respect because he pounds them all game. I’m not too worried but if we are 5%off that could be a massive problem.

I also think we are due to kick straight, if that occurs we will win easily. 
The club that keeps giving.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2018, 01:00:22 PM »
I agree Astbury will take him and Rance or Broad coming in to help him when they can.As someone said work him towards the ground and ground ball we a very good at.Starts from the middle tho not given them easy ball and locking it in pressure and tackling.Also going forward not bombing it in for Howe easy marks make him accountable.Looking up and hitting targets.We can expose there undersize backline.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2018, 02:29:11 PM »

Astbury will play on Cox.
Possibly. Rance will stand him at different times you'd think, like any other time we've played against big Cox
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2018, 03:33:16 PM »
Cox may not even play..... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.