Author Topic: Tyson Stengle traded to Adelaide for pick 68 [update]  (Read 16016 times)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Crows eye Tiger small forward Tyson Stengle (afl site)
« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2018, 09:54:23 AM »
Come off it guys. Would you downgrade a pick 13 to 17 for a fringe rookie from another club? Get serious.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

dwaino

« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2018, 10:05:05 AM »
Turning a rookie selection that has only played a couple senior games into a draft pick is already a win. This guy is so far down our small forward pecking order that only gets tighter with the inclusion of Lynch and I wish him all the best at the Crows.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #47 on: October 15, 2018, 10:09:31 AM »
Come off it guys. Would you downgrade a pick 13 to 17 for a fringe rookie from another club? Get serious.

We can hope. We can be delusional. We can get on the drink and get peeed. What do you care. Just get the medicare machine
ready. We're on our way.

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2018, 10:19:13 AM »

We can hope. We can be delusional. We can get on the drink and get peeed. What do you care. Just get the medicare machine
ready. We're on our way.
:lol

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #49 on: October 15, 2018, 12:07:32 PM »
Turning a rookie selection that has only played a couple senior games into a draft pick is already a win. This guy is so far down our small forward pecking order that only gets tighter with the inclusion of Lynch and I wish him all the best at the Crows.

We don't take too kindly to logic-using types around here! You done taken a wrong turn, sir!

dwaino

« Reply #50 on: October 15, 2018, 12:33:46 PM »

We don't take too kindly to logic-using types around here! You done taken a wrong turn, sir!

I demand 5 top 10 draft picks!  >:(

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #51 on: October 15, 2018, 01:04:24 PM »

I demand 5 top 10 draft picks!  >:(

That’s more like it, partner!

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #52 on: October 15, 2018, 01:28:20 PM »

If you look at the points attached to pick #13 and # 17 the difference is 187. This is equivalent to a fourth round pick 56 or 57, which seems to be the mark that is being looked at. Adelaide do not have a 4th round pick.

In addition they currently hold 8, 13, 16 so a move to 8, 16, 17 hardly adversely affects their position

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #53 on: October 15, 2018, 04:45:21 PM »

If you look at the points attached to pick #13 and # 17 the difference is 187. This is equivalent to a fourth round pick 56 or 57, which seems to be the mark that is being looked at. Adelaide do not have a 4th round pick.

In addition they currently hold 8, 13, 16 so a move to 8, 16, 17 hardly adversely affects their position
Fair points but we are also competing with them and why would they want to help us is the question as we have little bargaining power here.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #54 on: October 15, 2018, 06:26:21 PM »

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #55 on: October 15, 2018, 06:37:59 PM »

ready. We're on our way.
:lol
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #56 on: October 15, 2018, 06:45:34 PM »

ready. We're on our way.

POTY   :clapping
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #57 on: October 15, 2018, 06:58:57 PM »

Let’s not bring reasoned logic to this topic.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #58 on: October 15, 2018, 07:10:00 PM »
I get that he has only played 2 games and was a rookie- but at one stage Eddie Betts had only played 2 games and was a rookie.

You have to pay (draft pick wise) what a player might be worth- not what he is worth today.

Stengle is young and IMO could be anything if given the right opportunity which he obviously didn’t get with us as we won a premiership with 3 more senior guys in front of him. It doesn’t mean he is no good, it just means he was potentially in the wrong place at the wrong time with us.

He will end up playing a lot of footy for Adelaide and I hope he isn’t one of the trades we live to regret.
A third round pick is about right imo. Just remember heaps of kids picked before him will never even be close to playing senior footy.

Offline Chopstix

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #59 on: October 15, 2018, 07:19:37 PM »
I get that he has only played 2 games and was a rookie- but at one stage Eddie Betts had only played 2 games and was a rookie.

You have to pay (draft pick wise) what a player might be worth- not what he is worth today.

Stengle is young and IMO could be anything if given the right opportunity which he obviously didn’t get with us as we won a premiership with 3 more senior guys in front of him. It doesn’t mean he is no good, it just means he was potentially in the wrong place at the wrong time with us.

He will end up playing a lot of footy for Adelaide and I hope he isn’t one of the trades we live to regret.
A third round pick is about right imo. Just remember heaps of kids picked before him will never even be close to playing senior footy.

Dont agree with you about him Big Tone but....Adelaide have the upper hand here.

They will get him as a delisted free agent if we dont agree to a cheap trade.