Author Topic: Mid Year Draft 2019  (Read 8895 times)

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
Re: Mid Year Draft 2019
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2019, 06:47:46 PM »
Picket... maybe, I trust our recruiters.
IIRC, a few years ago Edwards was our only aboriginal player,  now we have Rioli, Eggmolese, Stack and Bolton, love their flair and fearlessness speed and talent.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2019, 08:44:27 PM »
Maybe someone else will be put on the LTI list??? :huh

Was thinking the same thing

Was thinking Moore, sounds a really nasty injury, break, severely damaged ligaments  :huh3
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2019, 11:12:35 PM »
Reckon we'll just go for Hugh Beasely with our second pick if that's the case ...wouldn't be my pick but not a bad choice...:shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Tiger Tragic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2019, 11:25:28 PM »
Reckon we'll just go for Hugh Beasely with our second pick if that's the case ...wouldn't be my pick but not a bad choice...:shh

Don't think Beasley has nominated

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2019, 12:36:25 AM »
Just going off what was said on Casey Radio after out last VFL match....dunno if he's nominated but it makes sense in so far as he already knows our gameplan and structures...personally I'd go Talia, Delahunty, Kelly or McClarty.....or maybe we could just bring back The Unbeatable Ben Darrou.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Online taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
« Reply #50 on: May 16, 2019, 07:05:29 AM »

Only 3 of our VFL players have nominated & Beasley isn't 1 of them

Luke Nelson
Charlie Thompson
Thomas Silvestro

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-05-03/midseason-rookie-draft-the-full-list-of-nominees

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2019, 01:15:22 PM »
Hmmm turns out there's a few that haven't nominated that I thought would have - Delahunty, Talia, Jonty Scharenberg. Sam Nelson, M.Grigg... of the KPD's available I'd probably go McLarty as the safest bet, Kelly for potential/risk/reward,  pace and the fact that he can also ruck or if we're desperate Jacksh for AFL "experience" and abilty to also swing forward .... :shh

- Thomas Sowell

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2019, 01:19:08 PM »
No surprise Beasley didn't nominate

Coming back from a nasty knee injury after missing most of last year
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2019, 01:21:53 PM »
Guess someome was telling porkies to the Casey Radio commentators....wouldn't be the first time.. :shh

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2019, 02:23:30 PM »
Reckon Pickett & Bolton will probably be gone by our pick....word is Carlton will jump on Lowson(good)....for contending clubs like ours the mid-season draft should really just be about this year and covering injuries with ready-to-go experienced players ...so bearing all that in mind and looking at the list of nominees and the names I recognise....first pick Jesse Lonergan, second pick McClarty or Jacksch if McClarty is gone... :shh

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2019, 03:36:39 PM »
Any decent ruckmen around.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2019, 04:11:41 PM »
Apparently several clubs are looking at Michael Knoll from South Adelaide but besides him there's really only Jake Spencer that I can see....personally I like the sound of Ben Kelly - can play ruck & kpd so covers two needs- 200cm & lightning quick according to reports -probably too young & raw to make an immediate impact though...would take at him with a mid range or later pick in the end of year draft if he doesn't get picked up in the mid-season draft... :shh

- Thomas Sowell

Online Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #57 on: May 16, 2019, 04:55:09 PM »
Apparently several clubs are looking at Michael Knoll from South Adelaide but besides him there's really only Jake Spencer that I can see....personally I like the sound of Ben Kelly - can play ruck & kpd so covers two needs- 200cm & lightning quick according to reports -probably too young & raw to make an immediate impact though...would take at him with a mid range or later pick in the end of year draft if he doesn't get picked up in the mid-season draft... :shh

200cm and lightning quick. Perfect get in mid season draft. Strike now on someone we could take in this year's draft.

Don't think we urgently need any immediate replacement as the kids are all showing something with still more to debut. We have kept Soldo for long enough and he appears ready. We will find out if he has improved further. CCJ is looking solid and further development as NO 1 ruck in the VFL as Soldo's replacement will be beneficial

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #58 on: May 16, 2019, 05:36:17 PM »
Agree the more pressing need is for inside mids and kpds than it is ruckman - don't rate Soldo but he just needs to be serviceable and not be a liabilty around the ground...he fails we blood CCJ or give Chol -who should be getting more ruck time in the VFL now with Soldo likely to be called up first- an extended look....

If we go pure talent & potebtial then it's Tyron Smallwood & Kelly for me...and tbh, despite what I wrote earlier  I have far more faith in our current recruiters picking up a good kid than a good recycled or older player with late or second chance picks....with the former they delivered Stack, Turner & last year Baker...with the latter they delivered Maverick Weller.... :shh

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #59 on: May 22, 2019, 03:31:07 PM »
https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-05-22/midseason-rookie-draft-what-your-club-needs
The whisper: Richmond is red-hot on Dunkley and Pickett. However, if they're off the draft board by the time the Tigers pick, don't be surprised to see Northern Blues midfielder Frank Anderson's name called out. - RB

http://northernbluesfc.com.au/?player=75-frank-anderson

:shh

- Thomas Sowell