Author Topic: Dusty's appeal succeeds - ban down to 1 week [updated]  (Read 14658 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Dusty's appeal succeeds - ban down to 1 week [updated]
« on: April 06, 2019, 08:14:12 PM »
WATCH HERE: https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-04-06/watch-dusty-in-hot-water-for-offtheball-hit

------------------------------------------------------

RICHMOND superstar Dustin Martin could be in hot water with the Match Review Officer after an off-the-ball incident against Greater Western Sydney on Saturday.

With the Tigers preparing to kick the ball in after a behind, Martin appeared to collect a GWS player with high shot to the head.

It was spotted by the umpires with a free kick awarded to Brent Daniels in front of goal.

Martin has had a quiet start to the year by his standards and was locked in a running battle with tagger Matt de Boer during Saturday's clash.

The close attention from De Boer and his fellow Giants appeared to unsettle Martin, who gave a middle-finger gesture to an unknown GWS player during a heated verbal exchange in the second quarter.   
« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 06:43:12 PM by one-eyed »

Offline TFL

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Is Dusty in hot water for off-the-ball hit? (afl site)
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2019, 08:36:25 PM »
Ricky Nixon alleging that Dusty has been caught on film doing “something”
Check his twitter out, not much info but saying similar to what happened to him.
Who knows how much credibility it has
One things for sure, something isn’t right with him!!

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2019, 08:54:37 PM »
 Nixon is notorious for trolling Richmond on twitter.... :shh
« Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 08:55:39 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2019, 09:08:09 PM »
Ricky Nixon alleging that Dusty has been caught on film doing “something”
Check his twitter out, not much info but saying similar to what happened to him.
Who knows how much credibility it has
One things for sure, something isn’t right with him!!

someone has to go back and look at the tape. is he talking about when he looked to give a sign of snorting something and then the bird to someone? Mumford it is and wgaf its true isnt it the druggo

i remember seeing something like that in the first half and thinking stuffin play the ball dusty whats wrong with you lad

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2019, 09:42:53 PM »
Nixon would wanna be a careful speaking malicious gossip if untrue.
Let's face it he has history lying.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2019, 10:18:05 PM »
2 weeks min

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Hardwick pleads for protection as Dusty faces scrutiny (afl)
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2019, 10:38:33 PM »
Dimma has had a go at the umps for not protecting Dusty as a ball-carrier.

The bird was given to Mumford who had been taunting Dusty.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Hardwick pleads for protection as Dusty faces scrutiny

AFL.com.au
Adam Curley
Apr 6, 2019 8:47PM

DUSTIN Martin could be in hot water with the Match Review Officer after an off-the-ball incident against Greater Western Sydney on Saturday, but Richmond coach Damien Hardwick wants more protection for his superstar.

With the Tigers preparing to kick the ball in after a behind in the second term, Martin appeared to collect a GWS player with a high shot to the head.

It was spotted by the umpires with a free kick awarded to Brent Daniels in front of goal.

Martin has had a quiet start to the year by his standards and was locked in a running battle with tagger Matt de Boer during Saturday's clash.

The close attention from De Boer and his fellow Giants appeared to unsettle Martin, who gave a middle-finger gesture to an unknown GWS player during a heated verbal exchange in the second quarter. 

Martin finished the game with just 15 disposals and six tackles as the Tigers went down by 49 points.

Richmond coach Damien Hardwick was just as agitated as his superstar onballer after the match and questioned his treatment by de Boer off the ball.

"Why do you reckon he might give away that free kick?" he said.

"At the end of the day people come to watch the No.4 play, let the bloke play the game and protect the ball carrier is what I'm saying.

"Don't get me wrong de Boer did a terrific job but geez, hmmm.

"I'm certainly frustrated and I'll be interested to see what the umpiring fraternity says about it."

Despite Hardwick's grievances, he said he won't be following it up with a phone call to the umpiring department this week.

"I don't bother mate, I don't bother," he said.

He did however make his feelings known to the whistle blowers during the match, when he left the coaches box to remonstrate with the emergency umpire over Martin's treatment.

"I was just asking (what is) their responsibility to the ball player," he said.

"I didn't get a response."

There was conjecture that Martin's angry gesturing was in response to taunting from GWS ruckman Shane Mumford.

Mumford said he didn't see Martin's response, but confirmed he had been sledging the champion Tiger.

"I've got no idea. No idea. I was abusing him from the other side of the field, I know that," Mumford said.

"Obviously there was (something) but I didn't see it so didn't have any effect."

GWS coach Leon Cameron defended de Boer, saying post-match he didn't see anything too out of the ordinary in terms of the Giant's physicality off the ball.

"I thought Matty did a terrific job, it was a good duel from ground level," he said.

"Until I have look at the behind the goals (vision I can't really comment), but I thought Matty played a good, fair game.

"He's a ball player, he just plays really tight.

"I thought we played the game in the right manner, we played it hard and tough, they played hard and tough, and we came out on top.

"I know you guys are going to speculate on it, but sometimes you lower your colours, and I thought Matty did an exceptional job."

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-04-06/watch-dusty-in-hot-water-for-offtheball-hit

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2019, 10:58:55 PM »
And yet Mason Cox got off for something similar

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2019, 11:14:27 PM »
 I thought he miust've spotted Ricky "I hate Richmond almost as much as I love drugs and jailbait" Nixon in the crowd when he made those gestures..... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2019, 01:44:33 AM »
If Dimma was serious he would make an offical complaint, not just speculate in the media.

pee weak otherwise.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2019, 05:55:08 AM »

A couple of weeks enforced holiday could be good for Dusty.

Would allow him to go visit dad across the ditch.

As I said could be good.

:cheers

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2019, 06:13:31 AM »
What gets me is if a defender gave the same treatment to their immediate opponent inside 50 it would be a free kick every time. Why is it not a free kick else where on the ground. This is where we almost have zoned free kicks, okay to infringe on one part of the ground but can't do it somewhere else.

Having said this there have been some very good midfielders in the past who received similar attention and still influenced games. Dusty has been able to break tags before but has obviously lost his mojo at the minute so like others are saying maybe an enforced holiday is what he needs.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2019, 05:31:59 PM »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Why Dusty should be 'disappointed' with coach (Nine)
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2019, 05:38:24 PM »
Why Dusty should be 'disappointed' with coach

By Tim Elbra
WWOS.Nine.com.au
7 April 2019

Dustin Martin should be "disappointed" in Richmond coach Damien Hardwick's "poor" reaction to the tagging he copped from GWS's Matt de Boer, says AFL great Nathan Brown.

Martin cut a frustrated figure as he was heavily marked by de Boer in a blowout win for the Giants on Saturday, with his contribution limited to just 15 disposals. The Brownlow Medallist gave away a free kick at one stage for an elbow on an opponent, about 100m off the ball.

"Why do you reckon he might give away that free kick? At the end of the day, blokes come to watch the No.4 play," Hardwick said.

"Let the bloke play the game," he added. "Protect the ball-carrier, is what I'm saying. Don't get me wrong, De Boer did a terrific job, but geez. I'm certainly frustrated, I'd be interested to see what the umpiring fraternity says about it."

Brown said on The Sunday Footy Show that if he was Martin, he'd be unimpressed about his coach calling for him to be protected.

"A poor excuse, I would have thought. I'd be disappointed if I was Dustin Martin watching my coach defend my like that," Brown said.

"Because he needs to work through that. He's a wonderful player, Dustin Martin. Take him to the goal square, do something. He shouldn't be given any special treatment. Damien Hardwick is way off the mark on that one."

https://wwos.nine.com.au/afl/dustin-martin-damien-hardwick-comments-nathan-brown-criticises-reaction/1d6cc0da-be2f-4ffb-8b89-a67d5e9d3ff2

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2019, 05:44:24 PM »
agree with all his 'passengers' bar Mcintosh. Only watched the 1st half but thought he was quite reasonable...?
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"