Author Topic: AFL Draft 2019  (Read 63700 times)

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: AFL Draft 2019
« Reply #75 on: October 18, 2019, 09:58:17 AM »
Could try to trade 19 + 38 + 39 to GWS for pick 6 (Green).

Go to draft with picks 41 + 56.

Use 75 + 77 + 95 to elevate 3 choice rookies.

Could that be done?

Say Green hasn't been bid on by pick 5, GWS live trade us 6 for 19,38 and 39 as long as we bid on Green. They match, we get the next pick.

GWS would not want us to bid on Green at 6. The longer it takes a club to make a bid on him the less they have to pay in points.

But that can still work. We would need to have a player we want that high up instead of at 19. And that we were only going to use a couple of draft picks on kids.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #76 on: October 18, 2019, 12:57:08 PM »
Jay Kennedy Harris and Fletcher Roberts not bad pick ups if get delisted.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #77 on: October 18, 2019, 02:34:06 PM »
Jay Kennedy Harris and Fletcher Roberts not bad pick ups if get delisted.

Would take Roberts for KPD depth, despite poor form lately and out of favour etc.

Premiership player so has experience on the big stage, albeit with an irrelevant club...

As much as Grimes has been amazing, Rance is coming back and Astbury keeps surprising me... well if Rance doesn't thrive or he and Grimes go down then we are up the pooter and probably trying out Balta or Miller as KPD's...eek.

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #78 on: October 18, 2019, 03:20:28 PM »
Do we need any recycled players just now. Depth in kids is good. Rather just keep bringing in kids for now and then look at any gaps in a few years. Taking Weller didn't really work out any better than if we had of taken a kid.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #79 on: October 18, 2019, 03:34:49 PM »
Do we need any recycled players just now. Depth in kids is good. Rather just keep bringing in kids for now and then look at any gaps in a few years. Taking Weller didn't really work out any better than if we had of taken a kid.

Weller was playing as a forward too much. His biggest strength was always in laying a tackle, but even then he was never an established mid.

Personally I don't think we have good KPP depth. We have Lynch + Riewoldt as forwards, that's it. Backline is Rance (30), Grimes (going on 29) and Astbury (going on 29), after that it's Garthwaite.

Not saying we need to recycle players and try to force them into our best 22 as such, but if blokes like Roberts and Buzza can be had on a rookie contract as depth then I would consider it.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #80 on: October 18, 2019, 04:15:15 PM »
If one of our forwards goes down I'd rather put in a guy like CCJ or Chol...... :shh
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #81 on: October 18, 2019, 04:25:38 PM »
Good point.

Don't think Balta is the go for KPF. Hoping he goes wing :D

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #82 on: October 18, 2019, 06:10:53 PM »
Would definitely look at Fletcher Roberts.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #83 on: October 18, 2019, 08:15:57 PM »
I agree that we need more GENUINE key position depth/kids coming through.

Garthwaite is putrid IMO and will not make it. He is more of a 3rd tall defender except he isn’t that agile or good on the ground like you need to be- see Broad as a good example.... and Grimes and Vlastuin are just freaks that can play anywhere and on anyone.

I know Garthwaite is young and I hope someone brings this post up in a couple of years when he is tearing it up, but I cannot see it. Not even a little bit.

Draft some KPP’s this draft and develop them the Richmond way.

Other than that our list is in an incredible position.

Edited to remove clear bait and abuse
« Last Edit: October 18, 2019, 08:22:03 PM by WilliamPowell »

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #84 on: October 18, 2019, 08:34:51 PM »

Garthwaite is putrid IMO and will not make it. He is more of a 3rd tall defender except he isn’t that agile or good on the ground like you need to be- see Broad as a good example.... and Grimes and Vlastuin are just freaks that can play anywhere and on anyone.

I know Garthwaite is young and I hope someone brings this post up in a couple of years when he is tearing it up, but I cannot see it. Not even a little bit.

He was emergency for the GF club rates him he was playing catchup from no preseason  and thrown in the deep when we had injuries with other players around him also out who support the back 6.His was very good in the vfl.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #85 on: October 18, 2019, 09:06:16 PM »

He was emergency for the GF club rates him he was playing catchup from no preseason  and thrown in the deep when we had injuries with other players around him also out who support the back 6.His was very good in the vfl.
So you think he will make it at AFL level?

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #86 on: October 19, 2019, 12:18:13 AM »

So you think he will make it at AFL level?

I think he will.A bit more size and more marking instead of punching and gets involved a bit more just not to be a stopper fullback.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #87 on: October 19, 2019, 11:23:55 AM »
We need a small forward to replace butler.
Someone who can kick straight.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #88 on: October 19, 2019, 12:31:25 PM »
Lowson & Smallwood - delist Aarts. :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #89 on: October 19, 2019, 01:40:11 PM »
We need a small forward to replace butler.
Someone who can kick straight.
Georgie, Bolton, Rioli, Higgins, Stack, Edwards, Aarts and even Baker can as a small forward.

Plus we have Junior Rioli next year....

Yeah let’s draft another small forward this year.   
« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 02:47:28 PM by one-eyed »