Author Topic: Changes for the GF?  (Read 7018 times)

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Changes for the GF?
« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2019, 07:07:02 AM »
I feel a little sorry for Chronicles, reluctant to be pulled from the VFL GF as cover and now probably no chance of playing in the AFL GF.

Is he looking at new clubs next week?

Who is cronicles? Kmac?

I hope I'm wrong about Ross but what I saw in his last massive hit out against the eagles I think? is a kid who can't handle pressure just yet

You have the back the club whoever they choose.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline sdc01

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2019, 07:29:47 AM »
I feel a little sorry for Chronicles, reluctant to be pulled from the VFL GF as cover and now probably no chance of playing in the AFL GF.

Who is cronicles? Kmac?

I hope I'm wrong about Ross but what I saw in his last massive hit out against the eagles I think? is a kid who can't handle pressure just yet

100% correct...hence all the turnovers. Ross aint ready yet...its Kmac or Pickett...Im telling you now Dimma will play Pickett...its so obvious

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #47 on: September 25, 2019, 08:28:17 AM »

Who is cronicles? Kmac?

100% correct...hence all the turnovers. Ross aint ready yet...its Kmac or Pickett...Im telling you now Dimma will play Pickett...its so obvious

You’ve been saying that for over a month now lol

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #48 on: September 25, 2019, 09:43:23 AM »
He'll be right eventually

Definitely feel for Ross/KMac if neither of them play. At least one of them is missing out on a medal this year
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #49 on: September 25, 2019, 01:12:10 PM »
SEN reporting that Houli has said he expects Ross to replace Graham.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #50 on: September 25, 2019, 02:02:57 PM »
All choices to replace Graham are a risk.

Ross would be a like-for-like swap but I just don't think he is in the form at VFL level to warrant promotion. His best footy was earlier in the season prior to the injury. Not unusual for first year inside mids to tire by the end of a long season.

McIntosh would be the 'safer' pick in terms of experience and handling the pressure as he's been there done that in 2017. He also adds versatility given GWS playing tall forward of centre. However, he isn't an inside mid so it isn't a direct swap and our midfield and defence would have to be reshuffled even slightly by this one change. Not really the time to alter your team structure.

Pickett is another like-for-like swap but is an unknown at AFL level. The tempo is much faster to VFL normally in a H/A game let alone throwing a newbie into the cauldron of an AFL Grand Final where time and space is barely existent.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #51 on: September 25, 2019, 02:10:58 PM »
Townsend a sneaky chance... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #52 on: September 25, 2019, 02:22:00 PM »
to run through mumford????

YES please

that prick is going to do a lynch

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #53 on: September 25, 2019, 03:10:20 PM »
All choices to replace Graham are a risk.

Ross would be a like-for-like swap but I just don't think he is in the form at VFL level to warrant promotion. His best footy was earlier in the season prior to the injury. Not unusual for first year inside mids to tire by the end of a long season.

McIntosh would be the 'safer' pick in terms of experience and handling the pressure as he's been there done that in 2017. He also adds versatility given GWS playing tall forward of centre. However, he isn't an inside mid so it isn't a direct swap and our midfield and defence would have to be reshuffled even slightly by this one change. Not really the time to alter your team structure.

Pickett is another like-for-like swap but is an unknown at AFL level. The tempo is much faster to VFL normally in a H/A game let alone throwing a newbie into the cauldron of an AFL Grand Final where time and space is barely existent.

Who of the three is best tackler?

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #54 on: September 25, 2019, 03:30:52 PM »
Probably Pickett followed closely by Ross...though he's improved somewhat in that are, McIntosh is still a fairly poor tackler, particularly for his size... :shh

YES please

You mean Cameron? Can't see Mumford kicking a bag.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #55 on: September 25, 2019, 03:45:56 PM »

YES please

If Townsend comes in I would like to see him have a few run throughs on De Boer. Soldo and Nank can handle Mumford

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #56 on: September 25, 2019, 03:52:01 PM »
I wanna see Brave Brando go out in a blaze of glory. 6 week late start to his GC career courtesy of a kung fu boot to Toby Greene's mug.
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #57 on: September 25, 2019, 05:13:48 PM »
'He's built for AFL football': Did Bachar give away Tigers' Grand Final changes?

AFL.com.au
Sarah Black
Sep 25, 2019

BACHAR Houli has declared young Richmond teammate Jack Ross is "built for AFL football", as the 19-year-old looms as a possible Grand Final replacement for the injured Jack Graham.

Graham was ruled out on Tuesday ahead of the decider against Greater Western Sydney, the dislocated right shoulder suffered last Friday night proving to be too big a hurdle to overcome.

Midfielder Ross has played seven games in his debut season, which was interrupted by a serious ankle syndesmosis injury that sidelined him for 11 weeks mid-year.

Averaging 17 disposals and three clearances a match in his AFL career to date, Ross, along with Kamdyn McIntosh, was held over from the VFL premiership win on Sunday in preparation for this weekend.

"I haven't really had a proper word with him yet, but he's built for AFL football. We saw him come in before he hurt his ankle, and he was a solid performer," Houli said.

"He accumulated possessions, and more importantly [showed] hardness at the football, that's what finals football is built upon. It's about contested ball, putting your body on the line and sacrificing for your teammates.

"He's very similar to Jacky Graham as well. Does he come in? Him and Jack are similar players, but I'm sure whoever comes in will be well prepared and well supported by the rest of the playing group."

With Graham now sidelined after playing a crucial part in the preliminary final win over Geelong, Houli enthusiastically threw his support behind the idea of giving all players from the flag-winning club premiership medals, rather than just the 22 who play the game itself.

"Oh yeah, absolutely, I'm all for it. A guy like Alex Rance – who I can't speak enough of and his contribution to the football club – I'm sure if we win, there'll be some sort of medal around his neck, from a player or coaching staff.

"To make 22 or 23 medals, let's make 44 or 45, everyone's happy. But then again, the VFL won a premiership, so is it fair they take home two medals?" Houli asked with a laugh.

"We truly mean this, it's not about the 22 players. We've got something very significant with our football club, a photo which signifies us as a unified group. [We're] with our wider team members celebrating the (2017) cup and also the members, who we're very proud of as well, the Tiger army."

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-09-25/hes-built-for-afl-football-did-bachar-give-away-tigers-grand-final-changes

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #58 on: September 25, 2019, 05:35:44 PM »
Probably Pickett followed closely by Ross...though he's improved somewhat in that are, McIntosh is still a fairly poor tackler, particularly for his size... :shh

Thank-you.

YES please

You mean Cameron? Can't see Mumford kicking a bag.... :shh

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #59 on: September 25, 2019, 07:12:14 PM »
Tom Browne on Ch7 news tonight stating the obvious. That the choice is down to four: Ross (like-for-like), McIntosh (versatility), Stack (17 games this year) & Pickett (b.o.g. VFL GF).

https://twitter.com/7NewsMelbourne/status/1176781003165073408