Author Topic: Deafening silence from teammates on Rance  (Read 18938 times)

Dougeytherichmondfan

Re: Deafening silence from teammates on Rance
« Reply #60 on: December 30, 2019, 05:55:25 PM »
Obsessed BF Norf flog has even started a twitter account:

https://twitter.com/AlexRanceFinale

:shh

Well looks like it's police matter now... :shh
Can you elaborate?

Club has contacted authorities regarding the spreading of false rumours and allegations.. :shh :shh
Perfect  :clapping

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #61 on: December 30, 2019, 07:28:20 PM »
I’ll maintain that whether people like it or not, it’s a valid story that people want to hear.
If people on this forum don’t think it’s “appropriate “ then they should grow up.
Gossip is the way of the world - whether it’s Alex Rance or Wayne Carey - when you choose your vocation you accept the ups and downs.
The highly sensitised nature of this forum shows me how acutely sensitive and protective the forum posters are of the club and its players.

Admirable but embarrassingly naive.

So you deem the vitriolic abuse, cruel rumours that have dragged innocent parties into something that has nothing to do with them is OK? The way of the world?

If that's how you like your "news" that's your choice.

Just because I don't feed off gossip and don't see it as news doesnt mean I need to grow up, nor does it mean I am naive.

I don't feel the need to feed off others misery or misfortune which is the main purpose of gossip.

Hence, why Rupert's media thrives on it. They dish out a crumb and people crave more. So they dish out more, then the keyboard warriors then jump on board and the lies snowball out of control. How can that be OK, acceptable?

I’ve never stated my view let alone if I like it.
It’s the world we live in - if you don’t like it then join the queue  ;D
It also comes with the territory of being a high profile sportsman in this country or many other sports so let’s not get all holier than thou when it affects a Richmond player.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #62 on: December 30, 2019, 11:08:38 PM »
I’ll maintain that whether people like it or not, it’s a valid story that people want to hear.
If people on this forum don’t think it’s “appropriate “ then they should grow up.
Gossip is the way of the world - whether it’s Alex Rance or Wayne Carey - when you choose your vocation you accept the ups and downs.
The highly sensitised nature of this forum shows me how acutely sensitive and protective the forum posters are of the club and its players.

So you deem the vitriolic abuse, cruel rumours that have dragged innocent parties into something that has nothing to do with them is OK? The way of the world?

Just because I don't feed off gossip and don't see it as news doesnt mean I need to grow up, nor does it mean I am naive.

I don't feel the need to feed off others misery or misfortune which is the main purpose of gossip.

Hence, why Rupert's media thrives on it. They dish out a crumb and people crave more. So they dish out more, then the keyboard warriors then jump on board and the lies snowball out of control. How can that be OK, acceptable?
WP, “don’t feed off gossip?”- you it made it pretty clear what punishment you wanted Dusty to receive when you bought into the rumours in the chopstick saga.
And please don’t embarrass yourself and deny you said what you said- from memory you want either a 12 month or 24 month ban.

And for the record I think there is way more to Rance retiring than we all know.
And to think Alex Rance splitting up from his wife a few days after retiring suddenly isn’t news, is just plain ridiculous imo.

And the actual name of this thread speaks for itself too imo.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #64 on: December 31, 2019, 10:17:18 AM »

WP, “don’t feed off gossip?”- you it made it pretty clear what punishment you wanted Dusty to receive when you bought into the rumours in the chopstick saga.
And please don’t embarrass yourself and deny you said what you said- from memory you want either a 12 month or 24 month ban.

Yet again someone throws "chopsticks" up accuses me of say things I didn't but hey, so be it

I won't embarass myself at all. For the record I said that he was a moron (so to did the CEO) and whacked him big time for being so drunk he couldn't remember anything. Also whacked him for being out so drunk the night when preseason training had just started

Also said if he was found to have threatened the woman then he should be punished and it should be a hefty penalty. I suggested the entire preseason comp and the 1st five games of 2016, $5k fine and community work with white ribbon (see page 5 of the thread). Don't think that equals 12 or 24 months

I'll leave it there
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #65 on: December 31, 2019, 11:46:15 AM »
 ;D
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #66 on: December 31, 2019, 11:49:51 AM »
https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/footy-world-in-a-fever-over-alex-rances-retirement-as-teammate-ends-social-media-silence/news-story/e17bdb9d4cabfb9ee64093721bff1f04

The Hun is now picking up on the lack of social media tributes from teammates....

Maybe they went old school and did it with meaning in person

I personally think social media sucks

Offline yandb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #67 on: December 31, 2019, 12:06:19 PM »

Why just single out Rupert there WP ? The Unfairfax media are even worse than Rupert when the target is of a political kind they don't like.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #68 on: December 31, 2019, 12:28:07 PM »
Got to love the Herald-Sun quoting a known Richmond-hater off twitter :rolleyes.

Thomas should stick to commentating on his hack club that only knows failure and setting dwarves on fire. It must be eating him that we've won more flags in the past 3 years than St Kilda has in its entire 140+ year history. 
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #69 on: December 31, 2019, 01:32:54 PM »

Why just single out Rupert there WP ? The Unfairfax media are even worse than Rupert when the target is of a political kind they don't like.

Because on this particular topic (Rance marriage status) the Unfairfax media there has been (borrowing from the title of this thread) "deafening silence"

When it comes to tabloid journalism, Rupert's Media leads the way by a fair margin

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #70 on: December 31, 2019, 03:29:44 PM »
Fauxfacts, AB☭ & The Red Guard-ian are every bit as bad - they just use fancier words... :shh
« Last Edit: December 31, 2019, 04:04:49 PM by Diocletian »
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #71 on: December 31, 2019, 04:35:23 PM »
 For me there is something not right about this story and I'm not suggesting anything like has been talked or mentioned .I still can't get my head around it no farewell speech online, no Dimma comments and that Cotch interview didn't seem right for me.Whatever it is club needs to go on front foot and put it to bed if it's internal.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #72 on: December 31, 2019, 04:42:49 PM »
Time for a full rebuild... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #73 on: December 31, 2019, 06:38:29 PM »
I just hope that this does not mean we have dissension amongst the players and back to the bad old days of factions within the team

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #74 on: January 01, 2020, 10:08:16 AM »
 Daniel Rioli posted a tribute yesterday

But this one from Jack ..... hopefully gives a little bit of insight of how a team mate feels

https://7news.com.au/sport/afl/jack-riewoldt-farewells-retired-richmond-defender-alex-rance-c-628320?fbclid=IwAR1SoxIc2wljSzalvfWdw6nmfE-8Im1yMeKlZLXIALvcwCMN8HaiuTE1bnE