Author Topic: Richmond vs Geelong @ the 'Gabba --- 2020 Grand Final  (Read 54738 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Richmond vs Geelong @ the 'Gabba --- 2020 Grand Final
« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2020, 12:37:45 PM »
ABC24 saying the GF is sold out.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2020, 01:16:32 PM »
ABC24 saying the GF is sold out.

Yep in 20 mins

My niece logged in at 8.30am and joined the queue and missed out

I wasn't allowed to give her access to my membership GF ticket guarantee  :'(
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2020, 02:17:09 PM »
More than 8000 Richmond fans will have first access to Grand Final tickets as the Tigers prepare to take their shot at a dynasty. The Tigers have 3,503 Queensland-based members.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/8000-richmond-fans-will-have-first-access-togrand-final-tickets-but-victorians-locked-out/news-story/330ec93752d31213f0b13f3b5954cf0d

You're niece is stiff, WP  :(.

Hope Julz got a ticket.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2020, 02:20:57 PM »
Storms are predicted for Saturday's AFL grand final at the Gabba. Does that mean the game could be postponed?

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-10-20/brisbane-storms-predicted-for-saturdays-afl-grand-final/12784964

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Brisbane forecast - Saturday 24 October

Summary
Min 19
Max 29
Possible shower.

Possible rainfall: 0 to 6 mm
Chance of any rain: 40%

Brisbane area
Partly cloudy. Medium (40%) chance of showers. The chance of a thunderstorm. Light winds becoming northerly 15 to 25 km/h during the morning.

http://www.bom.gov.au/qld/forecasts/brisbane.shtml

Offline Tiger Tragic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2020, 02:25:31 PM »
Storms are predicted for Saturday's AFL grand final at the Gabba. Does that mean the game could be postponed?

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-10-20/brisbane-storms-predicted-for-saturdays-afl-grand-final/12784964

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Brisbane forecast - Saturday 24 October

Summary
Min 19
Max 29
Possible shower.

Possible rainfall: 0 to 6 mm
Chance of any rain: 40%

Brisbane area
Partly cloudy. Medium (40%) chance of showers. The chance of a thunderstorm. Light winds becoming northerly 15 to 25 km/h during the morning.

http://www.bom.gov.au/qld/forecasts/brisbane.shtml

Storms are pretty common this time of year. I remember when they shifted the old Gold Coast Indy to late October.  I reckon nearly every race there was a storm that went through in the last 10 laps.  Caused carnage on the track.

The storms are usually big but isolated around Brisbane (they generally split the city to the north and south).

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2020, 05:42:31 PM »
More than 8000 Richmond fans will have first access to Grand Final tickets as the Tigers prepare to take their shot at a dynasty. The Tigers have 3,503 Queensland-based members.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/8000-richmond-fans-will-have-first-access-togrand-final-tickets-but-victorians-locked-out/news-story/330ec93752d31213f0b13f3b5954cf0d

Hope Julz got a ticket.

What went on the sale this morning were the left over tickets after members got the first 3k of the 8k for Richmond and then same  = whatever was left after Geelong members got theirs

Balance  went on sale to the general public at 9am this morning

My niece really didn't stand a chance

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #51 on: October 20, 2020, 11:42:24 PM »

Hope Julz got a ticket.
section 25 next to the interchange bench :thumbsup

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #52 on: October 21, 2020, 12:23:50 AM »
I feel sick about Saturday. I can not watch footy on TV, I nearly had a great attack last weekend. Please give us another 100 point win tigers :bow
Go Tigers!

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #53 on: October 21, 2020, 12:41:17 AM »

Hope Julz got a ticket.
section 25 next to the interchange bench :thumbsup
Barrack hard for all of us Julz  :thumbsup

Online eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #54 on: October 21, 2020, 08:16:36 AM »
I feel sick about Saturday. I can not watch footy on TV, I nearly had a great attack last weekend. Please give us another 100 point win tigers :bow

I share the same view.

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #55 on: October 21, 2020, 08:22:31 AM »
Guys can we get some good analysis on the game GF etc matchups, must do's, must not be interesting on everyone's take ?.

The cats a the media darlings this week even with all fans fairy tale this fairy tale that.Keep hearing tigers Chasos style v cats build up play that is wrong we can win different ways winning the centre bounce and clearances to been massive last 2 weeks.Pressure and our intensity is the key cats don't like it has to be red hot for 4 qtrs.Need to take our chances to and be ruthless.Lions didn't expose them with there speed we need to.Our smalls need to get involved in this game cats don't match up on quality smalls like Bolton and Rioli and hopefully George can get involved.They need to bring the heat on there back 6 to.The ruck battle will be interesting Nank and Stanley I'll back Nank to run Stanley around the ground.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #56 on: October 21, 2020, 02:40:57 PM »
Guys can we get some good analysis on the game GF etc matchups, must do's, must not be interesting on everyone's take ?.

The cats a the media darlings this week even with all fans fairy tale this fairy tale that.Keep hearing tigers Chasos style v cats build up play that is wrong we can win different ways winning the centre bounce and clearances to been massive last 2 weeks.Pressure and our intensity is the key cats don't like it has to be red hot for 4 qtrs.Need to take our chances to and be ruthless.Lions didn't expose them with there speed we need to.Our smalls need to get involved in this game cats don't match up on quality smalls like Bolton and Rioli and hopefully George can get involved.They need to bring the heat on there back 6 to.The ruck battle will be interesting Nank and Stanley I'll back Nank to run Stanley around the ground.
Both sides are significantly stronger than last time we met.

Changes since Round 17:

Richmond (4 changes)

IN: Prestia, Broad, Edwards, Astbury.
OUT: Ross, Soldo, Markov, Aarts.

Geelong (5 changes)

IN: Stanley, Ablett, Selwood, Rohan, Simpson.
OUT: Jarvis, Fogarty, Ratugolea, Atkins, Close.

A quick team 'match-ups' put together:

(Assuming no changes to both sides from the Prelims)

B:  Vlastuin    Balta         Grimes
    Dahlhaus    Hawkins       Rohan

HB: Houli       Broad         Baker
    Ablett      Blicavs       Miers

C:  McIntosh   Prestia       Pickett
    Duncan     Dangerfield   Menegola

HF: Bolton      Martin       Castagna
    Stewart   Kolodjashnij   O'Connor

F:  Rioli       Lynch        Riewoldt
    Bews        Taylor       Henderson

R:  Nankervis    Cotchin     Edwards
    Stanley      Selwood     Parfitt

I/C: Lambert    Short    Graham   Astbury
     Guthrie    Tuohy    Simpson   Henry

We match up well on Geelong with various options to change if things aren't working or to find an advantageous mismatch.

We've got the choice of playing either Astbury or Balta on Hawkins. In recent weeks, Balta takes the No.1 forward while Astbury plays the 2nd ruck role.

Geelong don't really have a 'traditional' CHF. They use mobile tall-ish utilities like Blicavs, Menegola or Ratugolea (when he's played against us) to play that higher hit up role. Broad usually plays on this type.

When Dangerfield moves or even starts forward then we may have to change things around. Astbury onto Hawkins if we use Balta on Danger. Or there's Grimes, Floss or Broad. Having two defenders on the bench (one tall, one small) gives us flexibility.

Duncan is a talisman for them IMO. Geelong's version of Steele Sidebottom. You just can't allow him to run around freely as he will cut you up if he gets plenty of uncontested ball. Need someone who will make him accountable. I went with Kmac.

Dusty usually gets Stewart when we he plays forward but Geelong are talking this time about using Kolodjashnij.

The key of course is in the midfield. Both sides will rotate a long list of names heavily through there. Geelong like Port usually need/want to dominate the clearances. Matching them in the guts in terms of contested footy and clearances will go a long way to us getting over the line. We've been able to do this our past two finals wins against the Saints and Port. Obviously we also need to bring our A-grade pressure and tackling game as Geelong like to control the ball from defence to forward of centre. Collingwood and Brisbane didn't turn up to play and applied little or no pressure which allowed the Cats to slice through them.

Ruck wise I think we will use Balta in there for his athleticism against Stanley & Blicavs as well as Nank & Astbury. Lynch to take the ruck at forward stoppages.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2020, 07:42:02 PM by mightytiges »
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #57 on: October 21, 2020, 03:26:11 PM »

Both sides are significantly stronger than last time we met.

Changes since Round 17:

Richmond (4 changes)

IN: Prestia, Nankervis, Edwards, Astbury.
OUT: Ross, Soldo, Markov, Aarts.

Geelong (5 changes)

IN: Stanley, Ablett, Selwood, Rohan, Simpson.
OUT: Jarvis, Fogarty, Ratugolea, Atkins, Close.

A quick team 'match-ups' put together:

(Assuming no changes to both sides from the Prelims)

B:  Vlastuin    Balta         Grimes
    Dahlhaus    Hawkins       Rohan

HB: Houli       Broad         Baker
    Ablett      Blicavs       Miers

C:  McIntosh   Prestia       Pickett
    Duncan     Dangerfield   Menegola

HF: Bolton      Martin       Castagna
    Stewart   Kolodjashnij   O'Connor

F:  Rioli       Lynch        Riewoldt
    Bews        Taylor       Henderson

R:  Nankervis    Cotchin     Edwards
    Stanley      Selwood     Parfitt

I/C: Lambert    Short    Graham   Astbury
     Guthrie    Tuohy    Simpson   Henry

We match up well on Geelong with various options to change if things aren't working or to find an advantageous mismatch.

We've got the choice of playing either Astbury or Balta on Hawkins. In recent weeks, Balta takes the No.1 forward while Astbury plays the 2nd ruck role.

Geelong don't really have a 'traditional' CHF. They use mobile tall-ish utilities like Blicavs, Menegola or Ratugolea (when he's played against us) to play that higher hit up role. Broad usually plays on this type.

When Dangerfield moves or even starts forward then we may have to change things around. Astbury onto Hawkins if we use Balta on Danger. Or there's Grimes, Floss or Broad. Having two defenders on the bench (one tall, one small) gives us flexibility.

Duncan is a talisman for them IMO. Geelong's version of Steele Sidebottom. You just can't allow him to run around freely as he will cut you up if he gets plenty of uncontested ball. Need someone who will make him accountable. I went with Kmac.

Dusty usually gets Stewart when we he plays forward but Geelong are talking this time about using Kolodjashnij.

The key of course is in the midfield. Both sides will rotate a long list of names heavily through there. Geelong like Port usually need/want to dominate the clearances. Matching them in the guts in terms of contested footy and clearances will go a long way to us getting over the line. We've been able to do this our past two finals wins against the Saints and Port. Obviously we also need to bring our A-grade pressure and tackling game as Geelong like to control the ball from defence to forward of centre. Collingwood and Brisbane didn't turn up to play and applied little or no pressure which allowed the Cats to slice through them.

Ruck wise I think we will use Balta in there for his athleticism against Stanley & Blicavs as well as Nank & Astbury. Lynch to take the ruck at forward stoppages.

Great work mate summed it up well.Pressure is the key we can't let Hawkins get lace out passes to him his hard to beat, but in general we don't allow this.Have to be super discipline to nothing stupid.If someone's clear to have a ping at goal take it not share it around when in distance.

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #58 on: October 21, 2020, 04:17:30 PM »
Hey Mightytiges

Nankervis played against Geelong in Round 17.

It will be Broad who is new from that game

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Showers threaten AFL grand final (Brisbane Times)
« Reply #59 on: October 21, 2020, 07:38:37 PM »
Showers threaten AFL grand final

By Toby Crockford
Brisbane Times/The Age
October 21, 2020 — 3.22pm

A shower and humid conditions could dampen spirits for the AFL grand final on Saturday, with the chance of a shower reaching Brisbane in the late afternoon and evening.

The Bureau of Meteorology says there is also the risk of thunderstorms in the state's south-eastern corner, but they are forecast to fall away from the Gabba.

Meteorologist Rosa Hoff said the shower and storm activity would be caused by a combination of a coastal trough, an upper trough system and a surface trough moving through Queensland.

"We’ll have fairly cloudy and humid conditions for the AFL grand final on Saturday with the chance of a shower in the late afternoon and evening in Brisbane. If we see any thunderstorm activity, it’s much more likely to be further inland and not make it to the Gabba itself," Ms Hoff said.

The three troughs will create favourable conditions for storms, with showers and potential storms to reach the south-east on Sunday and showers set to linger over the east coast into next week.

"Other than those humid conditions, winds will be fairly light and conditions fairly cloudy. For the rest of Queensland, we do have showers and thunderstorms for inland and south-east Queensland today and tomorrow," Ms Hoff said.

"Severe thunderstorms are possible in this region and if we do see any severe thunderstorms develop, it is possible we could see some damaging winds, heavy rainfall and even some large hail.

"With these storms, they are most likely for further inland parts up to the south Carnarvon Ranges [in central Queensland] and potentially even to the east coast as well.

"These will then retreat back to inland parts, giving fairly sunny conditions on Friday around the coast, but exacerbating shower and storm activity for inland Queensland.

"Not only do we have widespread shower and storm activity from Friday, but we’re also expecting some severe thunderstorms to be possible over the wider area."

In terms of temperatures, the mercury level will remain high this week with tops creeping up to 27 degrees on Thursday and 29 on Friday and Saturday, before peaking at 30 on Sunday.

Maximum temperatures were expected to range 3-6 degrees above average both overnight and during the day, according to the weather bureau.

Rainfall in Brisbane was expected to be up to 35 millimetres from Sunday to Tuesday.

Thousands of tickets for the AFL grand final in Queensland sold out in under 20 minutes on Tuesday morning. An AFL statement said more tickets might be available if there are unused allocations.

The crowd number at the Gabba will remain capped at 30,000.

Fans took to Twitter about the race to obtain general public tickets, which went on sale at 9am on Tuesday, with one writing: "always knew it would be the hottest ticket in town!"

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/national/queensland/showers-threaten-afl-grand-final-20201021-p5676x.html