Author Topic: State of Umpiring [merged]  (Read 362414 times)

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
Re: Umpire appreciation round
« Reply #345 on: May 12, 2013, 08:42:56 AM »
Yeah I saw that legging I posted it in the running commentary during the game, I spose im just pretty happy we spanked em in the end.  The umpiring is disgusting, but it was a bit less disgusting this game than it was last week.  Last week I was going to vomit so eager were they to help cruel our flow, stuffing muppets.
Lots of people name their swords......

TigerTimeII

« Reply #346 on: May 12, 2013, 09:01:09 AM »
they cost us valuable percentage the michael hunts

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #347 on: May 12, 2013, 09:18:54 AM »
Port's first  two goals were courtesy of ropey decisions. Moments before their first one, which came during a scramble in the goalsquare where Schulz milked a push in the back, one of our blokes was grabbed around the neck, but they conveniently ignored it. A couple of round the necks to us were "not seen" by the umps on the day. Overall I believe the free kick count was 21-14 in Port's favour. Of course, you can highlight these sorts of things after a win and not be seen to be making excuses, or whine from sour grapes.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #348 on: May 12, 2013, 09:23:09 AM »
All I can say after yesterday is RIP "Incorrect disposal of the ball"

It seems to have goen the way of the Drop Kick ...GONESKIS  :banghead
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #349 on: May 12, 2013, 09:24:46 AM »
lot of one handed hand passes and dropped balls going on, but hey, Geelong were getting away with that all day, especially in the first half too
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #350 on: May 12, 2013, 09:38:50 AM »
i dont have too much of a problem with blokes who get collared as soon as they take posession getting some leeway, as long as they make an attempt to dispose of it, when they can.

what drives me beresk is when you see someone get wrapped up by two or three enemy and the ball is pinned in, and hear the silly turd in green saying they made no attempt.  :banghead.

they just have no feel for game.

one classic yesterday was one of our blokes picked up the loose ball, got collared immediately and slammed to the ground in the tackle, only to hear the dopey prick say that he dived on the ball and pin him for holding the ball.

How can someone get something so wrong? I mean, truck me outta here.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #351 on: May 12, 2013, 09:45:53 AM »
i dont have too much of a problem with blokes who get collared as soon as they take posession getting some leeway, as long as they make an attempt to dispose of it, when they can.

what drives me beresk is when you see someone get wrapped up by two or three enemy and the ball is pinned in, and hear the silly turd in green saying they made no attempt.  :banghead.

one classic yesterday was one of our blokes picked up the loose ball, got collared immediately and slammed to the ground in the tackle, only to hear the dopey prick say that he dived on the ball and pin him for holding the ball.

Agree Al, IMHO they were just as bad yesterday as last week, it just didn't matter this week because we were still able to overcome them and win - the quality of the relative opposition being the biggest difference.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #352 on: May 12, 2013, 01:19:55 PM »

Dan Jackson dived on it, got straight up then got tackled. If that's the one you're thinking of

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #353 on: May 12, 2013, 03:19:57 PM »
yeah, could be. i think it was jackson.

i must have been too busy abusing the turds from some previous incident and missed the diving on the ball part  :rollin
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #354 on: May 12, 2013, 03:28:01 PM »

Dan Jackson dived on it, got straight up then got tackled. If that's the one you're thinking of
Yes it was Jackson. He dived on it but the made every attempt humanly possible to get rid of it. The umpire then told him he dived on the ball and made no attempt! I'm not sure if he was watching the same game as the rest of mankind!
Absolute rubbish decision!
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Tigershark

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #355 on: May 12, 2013, 07:24:17 PM »
What bout where Mcguanne tackled a port player at chf and he clearly dropped the ball.  It was the same as when lids tackled swan.  We get right royally reamed every week.  Even the biased boofhead commentator said that was interesting
 :banghead

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #356 on: May 14, 2013, 02:57:05 AM »
Watching last night's game, the umps definitely went soft over the round. You could push an opponent in the side or front to your heart's content. Now this is the way the game should be umpired (ie. the game's let go) but it contradicts and makes a mockery of what Geisch and the rules committee have been saying in recent weeks.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #357 on: May 14, 2013, 09:02:18 AM »
Watching last night's game, the umps definitely went soft over the round. You could push an opponent in the side or front to your heart's content. Now this is the way the game should be umpired (ie. the game's let go) but it contradicts and makes a mockery of what Geisch and the rules committee have been saying in recent weeks.

Geishch needs to pee off
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #358 on: May 17, 2013, 10:28:18 PM »
Tonight, Shuey dumps Thomas off the ball after the ball has been kicked downfield (worse than what Newy did to Taylor Hunt) but no free paid. Just showing again the umps have gone soft since (or that we had an idiot for an ump that night).
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #359 on: May 17, 2013, 10:35:23 PM »
Tonight, Shuey dumps Thomas off the ball after the ball has been kicked downfield (worse than what Newy did to Taylor Hunt) but no free paid. Just showing again the umps have gone soft since (or that we had an idiot for an ump that night).
and every other night and afternoon