Author Topic: Can Richmond challenge again in 2022? [merged]  (Read 45374 times)

Broadsword

Re: Can Richmond challenge again in 2022? [merged]
« Reply #405 on: August 14, 2022, 04:40:52 PM »
Sounds silly after winning three flags, but I reckon the team will want to win an elimination final after 2013-2015. Also, hearing Dimma saying "sometimes you don't choose the mountain; sometimes the mountain chooses you," I reckon he'll have a pretty cool message to get 'em up to do it all again a different way.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #406 on: August 14, 2022, 06:25:59 PM »
Finals again fellas! You beauty!  :gotigers

I reckon we will most likely play Melbourne or Brisbane.

There’s a chance that we play Pies too.

I’d be happy to take any of them.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #407 on: August 14, 2022, 07:27:04 PM »

Yup assuming we win we’ll get the loser of Melbourne v lions or the pies if blues manage to beat them. Although I wouldn’t rule out the dockers losing to the giants away from home in which case we’d be playing them.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #408 on: August 14, 2022, 08:17:03 PM »

Yup assuming we win we’ll get the loser of Melbourne v lions or the pies if blues manage to beat them. Although I wouldn’t rule out the dockers losing to the giants away from home in which case we’d be playing them.
Yep, assuming other results in the last round go as expected, our Elimination Final will be either against the loser of next Friday's game between Brisbane and Melbourne OR the Pies if Carlton beats them.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #409 on: August 14, 2022, 08:37:20 PM »
The Run Home:

Ben Somerford
afl.com.au
14 August 2022

7. Richmond
50 points (12 wins, eight losses, one draw) 118.7 per cent

The Tigers have locked in a finals berth with three straight wins, having gone winless across three rounds prior to that. Richmond can finish no higher than seventh, but can drop to eighth if they lose to Essendon at the MCG on Saturday night and eighth-placed Carlton beats Collingwood on Sunday in round 23. The Tigers will be confident, having not lost to the Bombers since 2014, but they will still be without Dustin Martin and Dylan Grimes.

The run home
R23: Essendon @ MCG

Richmond's attacking weapons are scary

The Tigers may be sitting seventh on the ladder but they're second in the League for scoring overall. Sunday's rout of Hawthorn showcased their forward-line weapons, as they registered a 100-plus score for the third straight week. No side has scored more across the past three rounds than the Tigers. While Tom Lynch got the spotlight with an eight-goal haul, relative newcomers Noah Cumberland and Maurice Rioli jnr had two goals and nine score involvements each. Veteran Shane Edwards added two majors with three goal assists. The scary thing is Jack Riewoldt and Shai Bolton had quiet days and Dustin Martin is due back for the finals. They're going to be tough to stop in September

https://www.afl.com.au/news/817746/the-run-home-pies-hit-the-wall-huge-r23-on-the-cards
https://www.afl.com.au/news/817747/nine-things-we-learned-lions-find-their-finals-x-factor

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #410 on: August 14, 2022, 10:00:28 PM »
Last couple weeks dissapointing
BUT
We know we can do it, always say you need that touch of luck come finals and if we make it - Well we can beat anyone and there will be a lot of nervous teams

I'd take an elim against the Skunks in a heartbeat and if we could play the Kitty Cats 'Would make my day' they would crumble
Oh it aint over yet people NOT YET!!!!
Hi non believer’s

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #411 on: August 15, 2022, 02:59:39 AM »
No one will want to play Richmond in September

After weeks of uncertainty, Richmond has finally booked their September ticket.

While they’ve proven inconsistent in the back of the year (see losses to North Melbourne and Gold Coast), their best is almost as good as any and that was proven with their 128-67 win over Hawthorn on Sunday.

Although the Hawks sit 13th, their percentage of more than 90 proves they’re no easy beats, putting them away in that fashion could be a sign of things to come.

With the likes of Shai Bolton and Tom Lynch in career-best form, it wouldn’t shock many to see the Tigers beat anyone on their day in September, particularly if Dustin Martin comes back.

The Bulldogs proved you can win it from outside the top four in 2016, and this Richmond side is probably the only outfit you feel can repeat that history this time around.

There’s going to be an unlucky side that faces them in an elimination final.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2022/08/14/the-six-things-we-learned-from-round-22-1/

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #412 on: August 15, 2022, 11:03:26 AM »
Whateley now has Richmond number 2 in his seedings .
Kingy - has them 4th
Unleash the tornado

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #413 on: August 15, 2022, 12:00:20 PM »
I’m certainly not confident, we have had some absolutely terrible games this year. If we play to oh ur absolute best we can win it all. Most importantly it’s great experience for the young blokes who should absolutely not get dropped no matter what.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #414 on: August 15, 2022, 01:37:50 PM »
A scary flag ‘wildcard’ has emerged… and it could spell ‘heartbreak’ for three BIG contenders

Ben Cotton
Fox Sports
August 15th, 2022

Fox Footy’s First Crack team have dubbed Richmond a premiership “wildcard” this September amid fears of “heartbreak” for the team who finishes sixth and plays the Tigers in the first week of finals.

It comes ahead of an intriguing final round of the home and away season where either the loser of Melbourne and Brisbane’s blockbuster clash could tumble down to sixth place — unless Sydney, Collingwood or Fremantle fall to St Kilda, Carlton and GWS respectively.

There’s still much to play out — and this season has already been so very unpredictable — but the prospect of facing an in-form Richmond side in a knockout final at the MCG certainly looms as a massive danger game.

“They are coming with a rush the Tigers … I think there’s going to be heartbreak for whichever team finishes sixth at the end of this round,” Saints great Leigh Montagna said on First Crack.

“If it’s the Brisbane Lions finishing sixth, I don’t think they’ll beat the Tigers, and we know about their finals record (1-5 under Chris Fagan) and they are going to come under scrutiny.

“If Melbourne finish sixth the reigning champs are going to take on Richmond at the MCG. Richmond are in better form, playing better football, I’d be taking the Tigers.

“If it’s Collingwood and they happen to lose to Carlton and lose two on the trot and play Richmond at the MCG in an elimination final, it could spell the end of a fairytale that’s been an unbelievable ride.

“Richmond are a force … they are humming and coming along really nicely. You don’t want to play Richmond first week of finals, and for one of those three (teams), it’s going to spell heartbreak.”

It comes after the Tigers won their third-straight game in a 61-point demolition of Hawthorn on Sunday at the MCG behind a monster — and equal career-high — eight-goal haul from Tom Lynch.

Richmond is third on the form ladder since Round 7 and has only suffered four narrow losses since — against North Melbourne (by four points), Gold Coast (two points), Geelong (three points), Sydney (six points) as well as a draw with Fremantle.

Fox Footy commentator Anthony Hudson believes Damien Hardwick’s side has all the tools to emulate the Western Bulldogs’ 2016 heroics and win the flag from outside the top four — a feat only achieved once previously to that by the Adelaide Crows in 1998.

“I actually think they can (win the premiership) — not taking today because they played Hawthorn, who is probably tiring, but it just showed again that they have the weapons,” he said.

“They have the experience — they’ve won three flags, they know how to win. They know how to time their runs — 2018 they learned that the hard way how not to do it, since then they’ve shown how to build and build and build.

“They’ve shown their good enough against the good teams, they should’ve won more games than they have, and the weapons they have they’re added to.

“Lynch has hit career-best form, Jack Riewoldt and now Noah Cumberland has come in as the supporting forward. Shai Bolton is as dangerous as anyone in the competition, and Maurice Rioli, not just without the ball, but today we saw an emergence of him with the ball as well. Then there’s the wildcard — Dusty (if he returns from a hamstring injury).

“They are a massive wildcard heading into September.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/teams/richmond-tigers/afl-news-2022-richmond-tigers-premiership-odds-wildcard-heartbreak-for-team-that-finishes-sixth-elimination-final-matchups-fixture-melbourne-demons-brisbane-lions-collingwood-magpies/news-story/260a8e39db15f1fa1e36e9c57a67472d

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #415 on: August 15, 2022, 02:00:24 PM »
Theyre all pooting themselves

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #416 on: August 15, 2022, 02:51:27 PM »
Settle down one game at a time. :rollin

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #417 on: August 15, 2022, 04:57:43 PM »
Since round 6: 10W-1D-4L. Losses have been by margins of 6, 3, 2 & 4. Have been inconsistent within games for sure but our overall form has been strong for a while now.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #418 on: August 15, 2022, 07:14:43 PM »
As we learnt the hard way in 2018, for all sides there's no certainties and injuries to key players at the wrong time can have a big say and stuff up your year.

Breaking - Huge blow for Geelong.
Jeremy Cameron has suffered a new hamstring injury.
It’s the right side - same side he injured three times last year.
Club hopeful he’s OK for first final, given it’s ‘low-grade’.
But with his history will remain a big watch

https://twitter.com/cleary_mitch/status/1559099851249332224
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #419 on: August 15, 2022, 10:08:51 PM »
God a geelong straight sets exit would be a dream come true. But more importantly go tigers! I believe if this team can rally they can lift the cup again and nothing would make me happier than everyone having a sook about the tigers dynasty