Author Topic: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo 2022  (Read 107861 times)

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo 2022
« Reply #360 on: September 09, 2022, 11:22:13 AM »
If Richmond gets the two deals done, how quickly the AFL will introduce rules to stopped similar trades in the future?

https://twitter.com/natyibetta/status/1567636298927865858

:whistle

Lol here we go. The anti-RFC movement. Honestly didn't mind when they scrapped COLA for Swans because honestly an average wage that high anyone can make it in Sydney. But the AFL needs to review their trade and FA rules instead of reacting to successful clubs. The club's need to take the responsibility of being successful as a business and not expect the AFL to equalise things for them.

Cornes this morning on SEN sooking saying it's not fair that we are getting both Taranto and Hopper and that equalisation is broken.

Also complains about 7-year contracts and he reckons Hardwick won't be around in 4-7 years time as coach so Dimma doesn't care.

https://player.whooshkaa.com/episode?id=1040567

Gee I wish this guy would fall into a hole somewhere. What a dead set loser. The only real equalisation factors we have are the draft, priority picks and FA compo since the AFL clearly uses their discretion there.

Also does he think Hardwick is the one managing the TPP, list and tabling offers all himself? There's a whole list management team lol. He just says who he wants and coaches who he gets.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #361 on: September 09, 2022, 11:24:32 AM »
No future first for me to risky.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #362 on: September 09, 2022, 11:27:00 AM »
No future first for me to risky.

I'd ask for their '23 2nd back so we are least have two second rounders probably between 25-35

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #363 on: September 09, 2022, 11:41:33 AM »
If Richmond gets the two deals done, how quickly the AFL will introduce rules to stopped similar trades in the future?

https://twitter.com/natyibetta/status/1567636298927865858

:whistle

Lol here we go. The anti-RFC movement. Honestly didn't mind when they scrapped COLA for Swans because honestly an average wage that high anyone can make it in Sydney. But the AFL needs to review their trade and FA rules instead of reacting to successful clubs. The club's need to take the responsibility of being successful as a business and not expect the AFL to equalise things for them.

Cornes this morning on SEN sooking saying it's not fair that we are getting both Taranto and Hopper and that equalisation is broken.

Also complains about 7-year contracts and he reckons Hardwick won't be around in 4-7 years time as coach so Dimma doesn't care.

https://player.whooshkaa.com/episode?id=1040567

Gee I wish this guy would fall into a hole somewhere. What a dead set loser. The only real equalisation factors we have are the draft, priority picks and FA compo since the AFL clearly uses their discretion there.

Also does he think Hardwick is the one managing the TPP, list and tabling offers all himself? There's a whole list management team lol. He just says who he wants and coaches who he gets.

The amount of dribble that comes out of Cornwit's mouth is quite impressive

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #364 on: September 09, 2022, 11:54:56 AM »
Because Hopper is still contracted the Tigers have to satisfy GWS or he just stays at the Giants. Hard to see how the Tigers finish up with any of their early picks from this year or next. GWS has shown what a hard bargain it pushes over Shiel, Cameron etc

https://twitter.com/RalphyHeraldSun/status/1567986455506722816

Quote from: matt smith
afl rules dictate they can't all be traded away don't they?
Quote from: Deep Space Code
Yep you’re right. Giants will send picks back to the Tigers. Potentially second and third rounders.
Quote from: TimP
Cant see the Giants parting with their 2nd pick this year as it will be in the early 20s vs the tigers 1st which is currently 12. That’s only 878 points or pick 43. 3rd rounder or future 2nd/3rd more likely.

Offline MaccaDacca

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #365 on: September 09, 2022, 12:04:23 PM »
The salary dump aspect here diminishes GWS's asking price imo

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #366 on: September 09, 2022, 12:35:16 PM »
Hopper is 1 year away from FA so I’d think their leverage is pretty low ish on him.

This is a good point.

Not really
They will get a compo pick in the first round

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #367 on: September 09, 2022, 12:36:30 PM »
Lol, Collingwood reported to be bringing in 3 players.  Not a word. 

Online torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #368 on: September 09, 2022, 12:43:37 PM »
So because Richmond have recruited smarter, have worked their finances more efficiently to allow this opportunity, people and AFL will complain about it?

I agree with those on here, the AFL will look into it and stop this.

But it was OK for Cameron, Dangerfield to go to Geelong on more than reported TPP and no complains.

Collingwood are recruiting half of the AFL aren't they?

Yet, some muppets in the media who just simply "dislike" Richmond and Hardwick voice their opinion.

Why give these muppets a response? I would just reply with - "Irrelevant Comment"

It will be an Anti-Richmond movement coming soon.

Hardwick to be NOT coaching in 7 years time so he wouldn't care about the 2 x 7 years contracts?

Woweee what an "Irrelevant Comment" ...

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #369 on: September 09, 2022, 01:40:41 PM »
Hopper is 1 year away from FA so I’d think their leverage is pretty low ish on him.

This is a good point.

Not really
They will get a compo pick in the first round

They’d get an end of first round pick - pick 19 or there abouts.

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #372 on: September 09, 2022, 04:39:11 PM »
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #373 on: September 09, 2022, 04:43:12 PM »
Amazing , how about they go through the other  sides recruits from other sides and see who has the most in the last 10 years, we are defiantly not the greatest pillager by far

Gold Coast have picked up a few players from us that are doing well for them
Greater Western Sydney are stupid and do not recruit / swap players to play a role and mentor  for the team and constantly recruit kids who just want to come home. They need to get smarter as to keep doing the same thing and expect a different result is the definition of insanity

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #374 on: September 09, 2022, 04:45:30 PM »
Reigning premiers Melbourne handing out 6 year deals left, right and centre. May lose Jackson, probably still on not much of a deal, and looking at $1m a year Grundy as a replacement. Nah, all good.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do