Author Topic: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo 2022  (Read 106494 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo 2022
« Reply #420 on: September 14, 2022, 06:45:28 PM »
SOS: I think the deal gets done (for Jacob Hopper). Robbie and Paul wouldn't have nominated Richmond if they couldn't.

SOS: The Tigers have pick 12. I think that's what Taranto is worth.

https://twitter.com/traderadio

---------------------------------

WHY SILVAGNI EXPECTS RICHMOND TO LAND BOTH HOPPER AND TARANTO

By Andrew Slevison
SEN
14 September 2022

Stephen Silvagni is of the belief that Richmond will be successful in pulling off the double coup of GWS pair Jacob Hopper and Tim Taranto.

The former Giants and Carlton list boss can definitely see Hopper making his way to the Tigers given that his managers Robbie D’Orazio and Paul Connors often get the result they want for their players.

“I think the deal gets done,” Silvagni said on AFL Trade Radio.

“If I know Robbie D’Orazio and Paul Connors well enough, Hopper wouldn’t have been put out there and nominated Richmond if that deal can’t be done.

Damian Barrett added: “That is a management group that nominates a club and gets it done.”

Silvagni acknowledges that the Giants will be well within their rights to ask for a fair bit in return if both Hopper and Taranto are to depart.

“I would think that the Giants would be asking plenty for them, but the reality will say ‘you know what, this is what you’re going to get’,” he added.

“They’ve managed their list well in terms of their strategy to be able to trade players out and get really good young talent in.

“They’ve done that really well but I guess their salary cap situation, if they look over time they may have been able to do that better. They had a real crack at a Grand Final a couple of years ago to hold their players.

“I think the Hopper one will get done and I think the Taranto one will get done. They’ve got pick 12, the Tigers, and I think that’s what he’s worth.”

Matthew Lloyd is not convinced by Richmond’s trade ploy, believing both players aren’t overly required at Punt Road.

“I’m surprised they’re going for both of them,” he said.

“I don’t think they’re great kicks of the footy. They’re contested beasts, they’re your clearance (players).

“They’ve got Dusty (Martin) who still has another two years (on his contract), they’ve got Dion Prestia, Jack Graham, I love Jayden Short and Liam Baker going in to the midfield.

“It’s going to be interesting to see how they work those two into it.”

However, Silvagni has backed the pursuits of the Tigers who should now have a very deep midfield mix.

“I think it’s about the mix they put in there,” he said further.

“Obviously (Shai) Bolton can go through there, we know that Dusty still has some explosiveness as well. Whether they play (Trent) Cotchin a little bit sparingly through the middle.

“With Taranto being able to go forward, Hopper is that real beast, that ball-winning beast. I don’t mind it.

“Then there’s some talk in terms of the interchange going to five next year, and how do they spin their midfield, so that could be all part of the planning.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2022/09/14/why-silvagni-expects-richmond-to-land-both-hopper-and-taranto/

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #421 on: September 14, 2022, 07:40:12 PM »
Lloyd provides further evidence he knows nothing

Says:
 Matthew Lloyd is not convinced by Richmond’s trade ploy, believing both players aren’t overly required at Punt Road.

“I’m surprised they’re going for both of them,” he said.

“I don’t think they’re great kicks of the footy. They’re contested beasts, they’re your clearance (players)"

Seriously?? He thinks contested beasts / clearance players aren't overly required at Richmond??

Shaking my head

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #422 on: September 14, 2022, 08:01:36 PM »
Given GWS are making a salary cap dump, all the footy media talk about us having to give up all our picks plus players is fanciful. Silvagni is at least talking more realistically.

12 -> Taranto
Future first -> Hopper
Throw in a player or two (esp. if we're going to delist them anyway) that we and Kingsley agree on to sweeten the deal. Throw in a pick swap or a pick back if need be. We aren't a club that goes out to screw other clubs in trade deals as you want good relations for future trading.

We then keep picks 19 & 30 or thereabouts and either draft two more kids this year or trade one for a future pick next year.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #423 on: September 14, 2022, 08:57:12 PM »
Apparently, SEN's "trade bell" earlier today threw out that St Kilda is interested in Soldo.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #424 on: September 14, 2022, 10:21:46 PM »
And that Adelaide are keen on Jack Graham but that he wants to stay in Melbourne so Carlton might come into play
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #425 on: September 15, 2022, 04:16:32 AM »
And that Adelaide are keen on Jack Graham but that he wants to stay in Melbourne so Carlton might come into play
Sounds like they are just regurgitating what they said two years ago when Graham was last out of contract. He's contracted for next year now.

Sep 10, 2020:

Essendon and Adelaide were linked to Graham in recent weeks, but AFL.com.au can reveal Carlton is also monitoring the premiership Tiger.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/498758/man-in-demand-blues-the-third-club-to-circle-flag-tiger

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #426 on: September 15, 2022, 10:30:14 AM »

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2022/09/14/rival-clubs-monitoring-former-first-round-tiger/

Rival clubs are keeping tabs on out-of-contract Richmond midfielder Riley Collier-Dawkins, according to AFL Media’s Riley Beveridge.

Collier-Dawkins, 22, was taken at pick No.20 in the 2018 National Draft but has only mustered 11 AFL games in the yellow and black.

Given that Collier-Dawkins has failed to find his footing at Punt Road and the club is set to bring in GWS pair Tim Taranto and Jacob Hopper this trade period, Beveridge’s colleague Cal Twomey says there’s a “watch” on the young Tiger moving clubs.

“We talk about Liam Stocker, but a pick or two after him in that year’s draft was Riley Collier-Dawkins in that 2018 intake,” Twomey said on SEN Breakfast.

“Riley Beveridge reported in Inside Trading that some clubs are monitoring the Collier-Dawkins situation at Punt Road.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #427 on: September 15, 2022, 07:06:48 PM »

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #429 on: September 15, 2022, 08:22:57 PM »
We couldn't have done it anyway

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #430 on: September 15, 2022, 08:35:47 PM »
Not actually disappointed we missed out either. He wouldn't be a replacement for Jack.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #431 on: September 15, 2022, 08:46:25 PM »

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2022/09/14/rival-clubs-monitoring-former-first-round-tiger/

Rival clubs are keeping tabs on out-of-contract Richmond midfielder Riley Collier-Dawkins, according to AFL Media’s Riley Beveridge.

Collier-Dawkins, 22, was taken at pick No.20 in the 2018 National Draft but has only mustered 11 AFL games in the yellow and black.

Given that Collier-Dawkins has failed to find his footing at Punt Road and the club is set to bring in GWS pair Tim Taranto and Jacob Hopper this trade period, Beveridge’s colleague Cal Twomey says there’s a “watch” on the young Tiger moving clubs.

“We talk about Liam Stocker, but a pick or two after him in that year’s draft was Riley Collier-Dawkins in that 2018 intake,” Twomey said on SEN Breakfast.

“Riley Beveridge reported in Inside Trading that some clubs are monitoring the Collier-Dawkins situation at Punt Road.
RCD will be way down the pecking order if both Taranto and Hopper end up at Punt Rd. It won't be a surprise if he ends up elsewhere next year such as at GWS as part of the trade we will need to do with them.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #432 on: September 15, 2022, 09:01:28 PM »
Trade latest: Tigers lose out to rival for WA tall

The Tigers have lost out to a lower-ranked rival for Dockers tall Griffin Logue. Here’s how the deal could get done.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/trade-hq/afl-trades-geelong-eyes-collingwoods-oliver-henry-and-gws-giants-tanner-bruhn/news-story/05d23e613fec8338286db60b24ef3b51

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #434 on: September 15, 2022, 10:38:58 PM »
We need a genuine key forward with the potential to kick an average of 3 or 4 a game. This bloke is not it and looks to be better suited in the backline
I doubt they went too hard