Author Topic: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo 2022  (Read 106497 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo 2022
« Reply #495 on: September 23, 2022, 07:13:45 PM »
Sounds pretty spot on to me.  At least he was saying a 1st and 2nd rounder which sounds about right.  Not like Karen and the anti Richmond mob that are demanding it cost us x2 1st rounders

Graham and Soldo are both fringe players with value and the right players to move on for some picks or as part of the Taranto / Hopper deals

Haha 😂… Graham is not a fringe player, in fact he’s the Lambert replacement. He’ll have his contract extended next year 😉

Not just me the coaching staff also think he is a fringe player because he wasn't picked for our final when he was right to go.

He is half the player Lambert was.  To use the 2 in the same sentence is offensive to Kane.

He was not right to go. Dimma played one player who was not right to go- Dusty. Couldn't take the chance with 2 players playing injured. Did everything he could do to get up, and he is still having toe issues.

Our medical staff had confirmed he was available for selection.  He was far more match fit than Dusty.  He just didn't get picked.  That tells me the coaching staff didn't think his form before the injury warranted selection.

Sorry you are wrong.

He was not selected as per The Machine.

As for our fitness staff? I think it is fair to say they got more wrong in 2022 than they got right, so forgive me if I don't put much credence in turn declaring someone available for selection 3 days before a game

He was listed as a test and considered available just like Dusty.

Should have played the defensive role on Neale.

Jack Graham    Foot    Test
 Dustin Martin    Hamstring    Test
 Dylan Grimes    Hamstring    3-4 weeks

Updated: August 30, 2022

Early prognosis
Both Martin and Graham should be available for selection in Thursday night's elimination final against Brisbane. Grimes is progressing well, having hit about 60 per cent running pace and started changing direction – Sarah Black

https://www.afl.com.au/news/832633/medical-room-the-full-afl-injury-list-ahead-of-finals-week-one
That's the same fitness staff though that told us Dusty would be back for the Round 20 game against Brisbane yet we didn't see him until a month later in the final and even then he was only at "80%". The same fitness staff that has overseen so many soft-tissue injures over the past two years. There's no surprise we are searching for new fitness and conditioning staff.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #496 on: September 24, 2022, 12:44:05 AM »
That's the same fitness staff though that told us Dusty would be back for the Round 20 game against Brisbane yet we didn't see him until a month later in the final and even then he was only at "80%". The same fitness staff that has overseen so many soft-tissue injures over the past two years. There's no surprise we are searching for new fitness and conditioning staff.

Totally. I don't buy the stuff about everyone getting older etc. Our soft tissue and conditioning management this year was deplorable.

Regardless I think playing Dusty was a mistake. Graham or heck even RCD might have been better on Neale.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #497 on: September 24, 2022, 01:57:56 AM »

Totally. I don't buy the stuff about everyone getting older etc. Our soft tissue and conditioning management this year was deplorable.

Regardless I think playing Dusty was a mistake. Graham or heck even RCD might have been better on Neale.

Say we beat Brisbane, would you have picked dusty for the Melbourne game and so on if we continued to progress through finals?

They had to pick him at some point it’s just a shame they couldn’t clear him to blow out some cob webs in round 22 or 23. I don’t really think his fitness was an issue and he was far from our worst.

If a guy who has been best on ground in 10 of his last 12 finals games is fit enough to play or anywhere close to that you play him imo.

Also think grahams ‘tagging’ abilities are being overblown by people here. Other than the 2017 grand final job he did on Sloane, is there really that much evidence he can shut down a top line midfielder moreso than anyone else on our team if they were given the job?

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #498 on: September 24, 2022, 09:57:00 AM »
It’s not always the amount of possessions a tagger stops it’s the quality of those possessions. Neale gave Brisbane silver service .To contradict myself ,I think Graham’s fitness level were down, as he was restricted with his training due to the foot injury which may have limited his effectiveness tagging Neale which may be why he wasn’t picked

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #499 on: September 24, 2022, 03:58:37 PM »
Graham struggled in round 1 IIRC coming back from a hammy and off no preseason games. Carlton got a hold of us in the midfield and we had no answer. It's a risk playing players who aren't right or underdone as the Swans are finding out with Sam Reid today.

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #500 on: September 24, 2022, 04:19:59 PM »
I heard we were looking at Hayden McLean.
No thanks.

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #501 on: September 24, 2022, 04:31:35 PM »
If I was Logan Mcdonald I'd be asking for a trade being dropped for McLean.
Playing Sam Reid a massive, massive mistake.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #502 on: September 24, 2022, 04:58:11 PM »
If I was Logan Mcdonald I'd be asking for a trade being dropped for McLean.
Playing Sam Reid a massive, massive mistake.
I don't think Logan McDonald will leave but other clubs wouldn't be doing their "due diligence" if they weren't trying to get in his ear and convince him to leave the Swans after being dropped for the GF and with Buddy going on another year.

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #503 on: September 24, 2022, 05:44:10 PM »
Corruption over many years has paid off today Geelong.

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #504 on: September 24, 2022, 07:21:18 PM »
Corruption over many years has paid off today Geelong.

Crime Pays

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #505 on: September 24, 2022, 10:27:31 PM »
A deluded Adelaide supporter.

Quote from: fredric032
Jack Bowes, Izak Rankine and pick 7 to adel

Pick 7 to Richmond

Graham and pick 12 to adel

Rowe and pick 5 to gcs

https://twitter.com/FredBarker83/status/1573622040468209670

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #506 on: September 24, 2022, 10:39:20 PM »
Maybe pick 30 lol

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #507 on: September 24, 2022, 10:40:42 PM »

Say we beat Brisbane, would you have picked dusty for the Melbourne game and so on if we continued to progress through finals?

They had to pick him at some point it’s just a shame they couldn’t clear him to blow out some cob webs in round 22 or 23. I don’t really think his fitness was an issue and he was far from our worst.

If a guy who has been best on ground in 10 of his last 12 finals games is fit enough to play or anywhere close to that you play him imo.

Also think grahams ‘tagging’ abilities are being overblown by people here. Other than the 2017 grand final job he did on Sloane, is there really that much evidence he can shut down a top line midfielder moreso than anyone else on our team if they were given the job?

All fair points but my feeling is that dusty hasn't played all year, hasn't looked interested, and we've learned to win without him.

I know what you mean re: his pedigree but I guess it will just always be a mistake for me. Maybe we should have parked him until '23.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #508 on: September 25, 2022, 12:46:10 AM »
I get the sentiment. But imagine if we had not picked him and still lost by a small margin. We’d probably be sitting here saying they got it wrong by not picking him over some fringe player who was quiet.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #509 on: September 25, 2022, 03:26:42 PM »
A good source informs me that Hawthorn will trade Tom Mitchell and their second round pick for Collingwood’s first round pick #AFLTrade

https://twitter.com/IncrediblyBozza/status/1573870117892415488