Author Topic: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo 2022  (Read 107822 times)

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo 2022
« Reply #720 on: October 11, 2022, 02:23:35 PM »
Gold Coast have traded Jack Bowes and pick No. 7 to Geelong for a future third-round pick, per @CalTwomey.

https://twitter.com/traderadio/status/1579670976165400576

Are you stuffing kidding me?

Would have been happy for that instead of Hopper lol

And here I was thinking suns would get a late first rounder or second round pick back at the least. Very nicely done by the cats.

I still wouldn’t want bowes on a long term contract at 600k a year even it does get you pick 7.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #721 on: October 11, 2022, 02:26:41 PM »
Gold Coast have traded Jack Bowes and pick No. 7 to Geelong for a future third-round pick, per @CalTwomey.

And here I was thinking suns would get a late first rounder or second round pick back at the least. Very nicely done by the cats.

I still wouldn’t want bowes on a long term contract at 600k a year even it does get you pick 7.

Well he was due $1.6 over two years and from all reports he was re-negotiating to around $2.2 for 4 years?

Online torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #722 on: October 11, 2022, 02:30:44 PM »

Well he was due $1.6 over two years and from all reports he was re-negotiating to around $2.2 for 4 years?

Apparently Bowes is still on $850,000 for 2 years.

Cheatlong are going to offer him 4 years and spread it. So only $400,000-$410,000.

Online Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #723 on: October 11, 2022, 02:38:02 PM »
Corruption at its best.  No way the AFL should allow that but watch it sweep it under the carpet.  Anything for Cheatlong

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #724 on: October 11, 2022, 02:41:03 PM »
Torch, they’ll be reducing his annual salary no doubt by giving him a longer contract but they’ll also be offering him $$$ on top. No player in their right mind would accept the same amount for 4 years as they are owed for 2 years i.e. paying 2 years for free.

Andy, not sure, I haven’t read anything concrete regarding $$$ from any reputable source. I was thinking something along the lines of an additional 700k so the contract would be 2.4mil across 4 years  working out to be 600k per year. In any case, I don’t think bowes would be in our 22 so wouldn’t want whatever his contract is. Maybe he’ll become a handy player for the cats though, only time will tell.

Whatever the case may be, one thing I do know for sure is that the people running the suns are about as incompetent as it gets. How you let it leak that you’ll give up pick 7 for anyone willing to take bowes contract is ridiculous. Start your negotiations low (i.e say you’ll give a third rounder with bowes) and work your way up from there if need be. These guys just offered the best asset they had from the get go.

Online torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #725 on: October 11, 2022, 02:55:25 PM »
Corruption at its best.  No way the AFL should allow that but watch it sweep it under the carpet.  Anything for Cheatlong

Ben King will probably want to come back home. Cheatlong will get him as the AFL will pass that too.

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #726 on: October 11, 2022, 03:06:22 PM »
That has to be the most dodgy deal ever Bowes and cats how the afl passed it bewildering not coincidence the salary cap dump was announced a week before trade week 2 seasons ago the afl were giving suns priority picks.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #727 on: October 11, 2022, 09:12:47 PM »
I think we need to make polite enquiries about Ollie Henry

What could it hurt  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline crackertiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #728 on: October 11, 2022, 09:26:15 PM »
If he walks to the preseason draft we should take him just to Feck Geelong over.

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #729 on: October 11, 2022, 10:54:10 PM »
Wont happen, Collingwood want a first round pick which don’t have for 2 season and if he goes to the draft he won’t get past North Melbourne

Offline RiderJake

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #730 on: October 11, 2022, 11:30:20 PM »
Torch, they’ll be reducing his annual salary no doubt by giving him a longer contract but they’ll also be offering him $$$ on top. No player in their right mind would accept the same amount for 4 years as they are owed for 2 years i.e. paying 2 years for free.

Andy, not sure, I haven’t read anything concrete regarding $$$ from any reputable source. I was thinking something along the lines of an additional 700k so the contract would be 2.4mil across 4 years  working out to be 600k per year. In any case, I don’t think bowes would be in our 22 so wouldn’t want whatever his contract is. Maybe he’ll become a handy player for the cats though, only time will tell.

Wouldn't he be better off agreeing to two years with the same pay? What's stopping him? He can find another team in two years. Still, such a salary cut by half is a kind of humiliation for him as a player.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #731 on: October 12, 2022, 07:19:33 AM »

Wouldn't he be better off agreeing to two years with the same pay? What's stopping him? He can find another team in two years. Still, such a salary cut by half is a kind of humiliation for him as a player.

I guess Cats are premiers, GCS are ordinary, and he knows a backloaded contract doesn't represent his value maybe.

Agree though. I'd be tempted to stay there on 850 for two years then leave.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #732 on: October 12, 2022, 08:29:58 AM »
Wont happen, Collingwood want a first round pick which don’t have for 2 season and if he goes to the draft he won’t get past North Melbourne

Talk is he’d nominate for the national draft not the pre-season draft. Would a team take him in the national draft before the cats pick 25? I’m not sure especially since hed get the 2 year deal only and wouldn’t wanna play for them.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #733 on: October 12, 2022, 08:38:58 AM »

Talk is he’d nominate for the national draft not the pre-season draft. Would a team take him in the national draft before the cats pick 25? I’m not sure especially since hed get the 2 year deal only and wouldn’t wanna play for them.

Well apparently this draft is crap so personally I'd take him in the late teens onwards, obviously depending on what's left.

Could be anything or nothing. Reminds me of Hoskin Elliot. Good in the air and jags a goal then goes missing for yonks.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #734 on: October 12, 2022, 08:43:35 AM »

Well apparently this draft is crap so personally I'd take him in the late teens onwards, obviously depending on what's left.

Could be anything or nothing. Reminds me of Hoskin Elliot. Good in the air and jags a goal then goes missing for yonks.

You’d have to back yourself to get him to buy into the club and commit long term considering he’s pretty hell bent on moving home (45mins down the highway). Id risk that on a pre season draft pick not sure I’d do that with a late first/early second round national draft pick considering he’d only be tied to you for 2 years if drafted.