Author Topic: Tim Taranto [merged]  (Read 54666 times)

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
Re: Tim Taranto [merged]
« Reply #435 on: April 01, 2024, 06:36:26 PM »
He was brilliant and has been since moving over from the Giants. Very pleased he is a Tiger.
👌

Offline Tiger_In_Sicily

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #436 on: April 02, 2024, 09:58:42 PM »
He was brilliant and has been since moving over from the Giants. Very pleased he is a Tiger.
👌
Should have made him captain.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #437 on: April 27, 2024, 10:45:12 AM »
Tim Taranto On His “Leadership Perspective” Since Arriving At Tigerland

Richmond star Tim Taranto admits he’s excited by the opportunity to lead the club through a difficult period.

“I’m thriving under these conditions, I’ve got more of a leadership perspective now,” Taranto told Triple M’s Wednesday Rub.

“I’ve got this opportunity to lead the club and get back up the ladder over the next couple of years.”

Taranto added that he is eying off a return to footy within “five to six weeks”.

Full AUDIO: https://articles.listnr.com/triple-m/triple-m-footy/tim-taranto-on-his-leadership-perspective-since-arriving-at-tigerland/

Offline Tiger_In_Sicily

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #438 on: April 27, 2024, 05:49:31 PM »
Must be our captain next season

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #439 on: April 27, 2024, 06:09:50 PM »
Really? He's happy to stick around at a crap club?

Don't know what else he would say but I'm not convinced he'd be thrilled after Dimma stuffed off in a hurry and it appears the club is committing to more of a rebuild vs refresh strategy.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #440 on: April 27, 2024, 08:37:35 PM »
Really? He's happy to stick around at a crap club?

Don't know what else he would say but I'm not convinced he'd be thrilled after Dimma stuffed off in a hurry and it appears the club is committing to more of a rebuild vs refresh strategy.

Yeah I reckon he is
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #441 on: April 28, 2024, 08:06:19 AM »
Make him captain next year. He’s our Jack Steele.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #442 on: April 28, 2024, 11:21:10 AM »
Definitely a fitting captain from the outside looking in.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #444 on: June 07, 2024, 06:12:08 PM »
Definitely a fitting captain from the outside looking in.

Baker leaves and he will be...so in other words ..he will be.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #445 on: June 21, 2024, 08:09:11 AM »
Taranto expected to be playing in big finals matches alongside Martin when he and Jacob Hopper left Greater Western Sydney for Richmond at the end of 2022, but it hasn't panned out that way.

Three-time premiership coach Damien Hardwick stepped down midway through 2023 and the Tigers have won just two games in new boss Adem Yze's first year at the helm.

They sit second last on the ladder before resuming after the bye against high-flying Carlton at the MCG on June 30.

But Taranto is convinced there is a bright future for Richmond under Yze.

"I think we're set up really well," the 26-year-old said.

"It's hard to kind of feel that way when you've only won two games and you're losing most weeks.

"It's tough, I'm not going to lie. It's hard not winning and going through this phase.

"But we've got to find new ways to bring the energy and it's all about the young guys at the moment and trying to get them up to speed with the gameplan, and just trying to find ways to get better as a group."

Taranto believes Yze is doing a "magnificent" job with an evolving playing list as Richmond targets development and more wins in the second half of the season.

"He's one of the most positive guys you'll ever meet, he's getting the guys up and about, and it's about trying to play four quarters," Taranto said.

"We're not playing four quarters right now with a young group, so it's a job for me as a senior player to help those young players develop as quickly as possible.

"We want to be up the ladder and trying to get into the top eight as soon as possible."

Taranto has impressed in two games back in action after eight weeks out with a wrist injury.

"I certainly didn't waste those eight weeks just running on the sideline," he said.

"I was trying to coach and do as much as I could but it's better to be back playing now and I can do that on the field.

"Hopefully we can win a few more games after the bye this week."

Source: AFL website

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #446 on: June 29, 2024, 02:48:36 PM »
KNOCK OFFS: The finals heartbreak that made Tim Taranto a Tiger

Richmond midfielder Tim Taranto on his US influence, basketball dilemma, love for the Tiger Army, and why he’s full of hot air.

https://www.afl.com.au/video/1158320/knock-offs-the-finals-heartbreak-that-made-tim-taranto-a-tiger

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #447 on: July 10, 2024, 11:20:36 PM »
‘Fingers and toes crossed’: Taranto hopeful Tiger stars stay put

Despite the Tigers lowly ladder position, Tim Taranto has no regrets about his move from GWS to Punt Road, and is hopeful his star teammates stay for the rebuild.

Paywall: https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/richmond/richmond-tigers-2024-tim-taranto-on-no-regrets-for-moving-clubs-and-hopes-that-premiership-teammates-stay-at-punt-road/news-story/d04370517825ef2b3cebcf8fb9b8391a

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #448 on: July 12, 2024, 12:59:07 AM »
STAR TIGER IN FOR THE LONG HAUL

Richmond recruit Tim Taranto has reportedly begun talks with teammates looking elsewhere beyond 2024, as the club continues its rebuild after a dynastic run.

Herald Sun journalist Glenn McFarlane discussed Taranto’s strong feelings towards bringing the Punt Road side back to its best in a few years’ time alongside some key players at the club.

“There’s a number of people who have been speaking about the potential of being on the move at the end of the year – you’ve got Dan Rioli, Dustin Martin, Liam Baker … what I can tell you is that Tim Taranto is already trying to get some words in with some of these guys,” McFarlane begun by saying on Fox Footy’s Midweek Tackle.

“He’s actually urging them to stick together, that ‘we need to stick together as a part of this, we need to help lead this footy club back – it’s going to be a long road, but we want to be a competitive force’; he’s pleading them in a sense”.

“How is he going to discuss this with Dustin Martin!” fellow Herald Sun reporter Scotty Gullan joked.

Liam Baker has been heavily linked back to Western Australia – specifically West Coast – while pair Dustin Martin and Daniel Rioli have been speculated to join Gold Coast after strong interest.

“Tim Taranto’s the future captain of this club, absolutely – lock that in for a few years time. He’s trying to talk them into what (Trent) Cotchin did, he stayed, (Jack) Riewoldt stayed – let’s hang around, let’s build something here,” McFarlane continued.

“There’s an element of frustration; there’s absolutely no doubt that he’s frustrated with where they’re at, at the moment … he’s saying he wants to stay there, he wants to see out this contract, he believes in this footy club.”

Martin and Baker run out of contract at the end of the year, while Daniel Rioli is contracted at Richmond until the end of 2027.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/future-captain-urges-teammates-to-stay-crafty-blues-future-up-in-the-air-trade-whispers/news-story/31ae745a232132373ad22e63cab4c280

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #449 on: July 14, 2024, 02:12:48 PM »
Great interview in today's HUN with Tim Taranto

He's clearly in for the long haul..

I would assume online it is behind their pesky paywall
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)