Author Topic: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo 2023  (Read 73052 times)

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo 2023
« Reply #330 on: September 14, 2023, 03:22:32 PM »
Is Buku Khamis worth a try with a rookie spot or cheap pick? He's listed at 191/87, the medium size we've never really sorted out.

48 goals in the VFL this year from 18 games, but comfortably starved of opportunity behind Naughton, JUH, Lobby, Darcy coming in recently.

OUT-OF-CONTRACT Western Bulldogs forward Buku Khamis is contemplating his future after being starved of opportunities in 2023, despite a strong season in the VFL.

It is understood that the Western Bulldogs have tabled an offer for 2024 to Khamis' management, but multiple clubs have enquired about his services, with the athletic utility to weigh up his options over the coming weeks before making a decision.

Khamis kicked 41 goals from 18 appearances for Footscray, including five in last Saturday's semi-final loss to Box Hill after three in the first final against Casey.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1031200/inside-trading-blues-trio-in-talks-athletic-dog-weighs-options-dons-made-to-wait

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #331 on: September 15, 2023, 06:41:02 PM »
HAWTHORN has offered 23-year-old forward Jacob Koschitzke another deal.

So while Koschitzke only kicked nine goals in 12 games — much quieter than his breakout 2021 season kicking 27 goals from 20 games — he is a required player.

No word yet on whether rivals have interest but there is a clear chance for him to establish himself as the foil to Lewis.

https://www.codesports.com.au/afl/trade-hq/trade-buzz-hunter-clark-closes-in-on-new-saints-deal-swans-still-chasing-ben-mckay/news-story/5dee59c6b19d4a76597eca02dbca887d

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #332 on: September 15, 2023, 06:42:55 PM »
If we could somehow get Larkey…. Any ideas??

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #333 on: September 15, 2023, 06:54:41 PM »

Threats & blackmail... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #334 on: September 15, 2023, 07:04:58 PM »

Threats & blackmail... :shh
Best idea I’ve heard

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #336 on: September 15, 2023, 09:13:06 PM »
I know it's been mentioned before but think Tabener would be a decent get.

Jackson and Amiss have added to the stocks of Freo and Tabener has lost his monopoly on his spot. Good player would walk into our fwdline.

Another is Tomlinson. Just turned 30 but would be worth a look to fill that Tarrant spot and maybe free up Balta to go forward. Starved of opportunities behind May and Lever.
Go Tigers!

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #337 on: September 15, 2023, 09:22:09 PM »
Is Buku Khamis worth a try with a rookie spot or cheap pick? He's listed at 191/87, the medium size we've never really sorted out.

48 goals in the VFL this year from 18 games, but comfortably starved of opportunity behind Naughton, JUH, Lobby, Darcy coming in recently.

OUT-OF-CONTRACT Western Bulldogs forward Buku Khamis is contemplating his future after being starved of opportunities in 2023, despite a strong season in the VFL.

It is understood that the Western Bulldogs have tabled an offer for 2024 to Khamis' management, but multiple clubs have enquired about his services, with the athletic utility to weigh up his options over the coming weeks before making a decision.

Khamis kicked 41 goals from 18 appearances for Footscray, including five in last Saturday's semi-final loss to Box Hill after three in the first final against Casey.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1031200/inside-trading-blues-trio-in-talks-athletic-dog-weighs-options-dons-made-to-wait

This would be a perfect trade for us IMO.

23yo. Was Dogs best KP forward in 2s, who were good all year. Starved of opportunities behind Jamara, Naughton and Lobb.

40 goals in VFL for 23yo shouldn't be ignored, can play.
Go Tigers!

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #338 on: September 16, 2023, 05:50:32 AM »
Richmond met with Gresham but it is understood that is unlikely to be his destination.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1031200/crow-nears-call-chol-on-club-radars-athletic-dog-weighs-options

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #339 on: September 16, 2023, 09:00:24 AM »

Jackson and Amiss have added to the stocks of Freo and Tabener has lost his monopoly on his spot. Good player would walk into our fwdline.

Another is Tomlinson. Just turned 30 but would be worth a look to fill that Tarrant spot and maybe free up Balta to go forward. Starved of opportunities behind May and Lever.

Keep away from rejects going to take us no where.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #340 on: September 16, 2023, 09:38:19 AM »

Keep away from rejects going to take us no where.

Agree.

I don't rate Tabener. Couldn't get a game in very poor Freo side. Tomlinson is too old for what we need now
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #341 on: September 16, 2023, 09:42:22 AM »

Tabener = a big pass. Old and very ordinary and would only add the our VFL squad. I don't believe we will bring in KF who is not getting a game as Balta will play second forward next season.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #342 on: September 16, 2023, 09:48:30 AM »

Tabener = a big pass. Old and very ordinary and would only add the our VFL squad. I don't believe we will bring in KF who is not getting a game as Balta will play second forward next season.

I'd actually go Gibcus up forward and keep Balta down back
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #343 on: September 16, 2023, 12:50:11 PM »
In what world is Tabener a “good player”?

He’s a renowned spud and would be a stop gap at best.

Big no.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #344 on: September 16, 2023, 01:57:14 PM »
Resident list manager claw rates him and thinks we're all nupties for dismissing the idea out of hand - 'nuff said.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.