Author Topic: Travis Cloke is gone  (Read 10066 times)

froars

Re: Travis Cloke is gone
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2004, 11:32:03 AM »
Happy thought ppls - Collingwood could end up with 3 overrated duds.
And their mother to boot lol

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2004, 03:31:12 PM »
This morning on SEN, Greg MIller said that the Club hadn’t given up on Travis.

From what I remember, it seems that even though Collingwood has the front running at the moment, there was no need for the Clokes to make a decision just yet.

And, until it is time to do so, RFC has the opportunity to get its house in order and demonstrate that Richmond could be a viable option for Travis.

Don’t like our chances, because I think they’ve already made up their minds, but you never know with a new coach, new CEO, etc. how things could change.
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2004, 03:44:09 PM »
Greg mentioned also we had presented an attractive financial package to the Cloke family for Travis (2 standard + 2 extra = 4 years :o) and mentioned to the Cloke family that it wouldn't be in Travis' best football interests to play in the same side as his older brothers.

We've gone in hard but I'd say he's already made up his mind to go to Collingwood. In one way I'm glad the 4 year deal for a bloke who hasn't even played a single AFL game fell through.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2004, 04:09:33 PM »
Oh yeah, forgot those crucial bits MT.  :P

I was a bit surprised about the 4 year offer too, but considering how tough it is going to be to get him away from Collingwood, I suppose we had to offer something extra.  Can't blame them for trying.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Travis Cloke is apparently not quite gone according to David Cloke
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2004, 05:46:07 PM »
David Cloke this morning on SEN told KB they had not made up their mind yet which Club Travis is going to. Whether we still have real chance of snatching him or David's just trying to play off each Club to get a better deal out of Collingwood is anyone's guess. As reported we have offered him a 4 year deal.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Collingwood, Richmond waiting on Travis Cloke
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2004, 12:53:03 AM »
Collingwood, Richmond waiting on Travis Cloke
By Melissa Ryan
realfooty.theage.com.au
July 2, 2004

David Cloke yesterday said his family has yet to decide whether Collingwood or Richmond will win the signature of youngest son Travis. Cloke said Travis had not tied himself formally to the Magpies, where elder brothers Jason and Cameron play.

"I have spoken to both Richmond and Collingwood about Travis and nothing has been signed about what he's doing. We're still talking about a number of things and no decision has been finalised," Cloke said.

"We as a family will sit down and make a decision about it when we want to come around and make it. I wouldn't say that any club's a frontrunner at all. I know both clubs pretty well and it's just a matter of weighing up . . . what we believe is the best thing for Travis. That could be tomorrow, that could be in three months," he said.

Cloke said his family would not be rushed into making its decision, with Travis currently preparing for the under-18s national championships.

"He doesn't have to go in this year's draft, if we don't want him to, because he's only a 17-year-old. It's three months away before anything can be done . . . I don't know what all the urgency's about," Cloke said.

"We just weigh up . . . the pluses for him to be at Collingwood and the pluses for him to be at Richmond, the negatives of him being at Collingwood and the negatives being at Richmond . . . weigh all those sorts of things and then make a decision on what we believe is the best for him."

http://realfooty.theage.com.au/realfooty/articles/2004/07/01/1088488093683.html

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2004, 01:01:00 AM »
Sounds like Miller has made some head way with old daddy cloke. Sounds like Miller has offered them 4 years too. Gee the boy better be good.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Jackstar

« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2004, 05:59:02 AM »
I can tell you he is a gun, if he could play for us tomorrow and be in our best. He is really mobile for his height and kicks as straight as a gun barrel. Takes contested marks and can play both ends.

Offline wrennyboy

• Future Richmond star
  • Captain Coughlan
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2004, 12:01:56 PM »
Have to agree with you there this guy is definatly in the mould of scotty lucus i feel. Just the mobility and the big kicking and good marking. Excellent prospect. I was pretty disapointed when they said that he will be goin to collingwood but these last few article have been a little better. He would easily slot into our backline wizard cup game 1 next year. Then when richo goes be our Full forward for 8 years  ;D
wrenny

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2004, 11:59:06 PM »
Living in the same cricket/football region as Travis tales occasionally filter through from schoolmates of his. I have heard Travis wants Richmond and David wants Collingwood. Not necessarily true, just what I've heard.
As I've said before, the Clokes do most things as a family so I would expect the 3 boys to play together. Travis is a really nice kid and I have no doubt he will be an absolute star.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2004, 02:12:39 AM »
Interesting FF. Seems we'll know either way in a couple of weeks time.

"He(Travis)'s got a big carnival coming up starting on Sunday," Cameron Cloke said.

"He just wants to worry about that and then, after the carnival, he'll sit down with dad and the rest of the family and then think about what's best for him and where he wants to go. He'll worry about that in a week or so."

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,10022278%255E19771,00.html

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Tiges going in hard after Travis Cloke
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2004, 11:23:41 PM »
TFS interviewed a couple of the expected top picks in the U18 championships. Travis Cloke mentioned Richmond was showing heaps of interest in him (no mention of Collingwood btw ;D). We've been sending him letters, wanting to meet up and being at all his games. We're definitely giving it our best shot. 

Offline wrennyboy

• Future Richmond star
  • Captain Coughlan
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2004, 10:52:38 AM »
Yes travis would be a good pick up for us i think and i would want him to play a scotty lucus role across half back. Althought he hasnt had the ebst of carnivals he has shown me that a round 3 is a good get.
wrenny

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2004, 04:55:12 PM »
Although he hasnt had the best of carnivals he has shown me that a round 3 is a good get.

On BF they said he had an injury before going into the carnival.

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2004, 05:41:02 PM »
As long as Travis gets to make up his own mind which Club he wants to go to then no one can argue with that.