Author Topic: Travis Cloke is gone  (Read 10026 times)

Bulluss

Travis Cloke is gone
« on: June 23, 2004, 06:01:11 PM »
Heard Jason Cloke on the radio this afternoon(SEN) and Travis Cloke is gone and will be going to Collingwood.

Huddo asked Jason what Travis' situation was and he said that they had come to a decision and that the club was working through a few things before announcing it in a couple of weeks. They pushed him for the club but he wouldnt reveal it.

HOWEVER, earlier in the interview they were asking Jason about his body size and he said that he hade never done weights before going to Collingwood and has really started to put on some muscle over the last year or so. He then mentioned how Cameron was the same and that when Travic comes to Collingwood next year he will do the same.

He slipped up and we probably never had a chance.

Offline Tigertailz

• Premiership Captain
  • "here we go again!"
Re: Travis Cloke is gone
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2004, 08:13:55 PM »
Yeah bully as i mentioned a day or 2 back on another thread,the Travis Cloke issue was a virtually a done deal.
A mate of mine who is a talent scout from an interstate club (which shall remian nameless)told me some info about the Clokes some time ago and how the Pies had a stranglehold on all of them.I believe Travis might be the best of them too. :(

Offline wrennyboy

• Future Richmond star
  • Captain Coughlan
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2004, 08:33:03 PM »
Darn i remember watching travis earlier in the year and he looked the goods. A prospect ruck and FF. Thats exactly what we need. He is a 1st round talent and we would of got him at 3rd so its a big loss for rfc lets just hope we can get another coughlan type player and be better than travis.
wrenny

Jackstar

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2004, 08:34:29 PM »
He is, could play AFL now !

Ox

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2004, 09:01:03 PM »
They all play the same game as their old man except it's 2004
and it's nothing special by todays standards.

Davis is a control freak.

We dont need that in the future.

Jackstar

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2004, 09:22:45 PM »
Hey Ox, is that a typo :o, I think you meant David and not Davis ??
Last time I looked , the S key was next to the D key  so that might explain it, lol

Ox

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2004, 10:43:39 PM »
lol Jackstar.

I meant David.

S is next to D - thats how it happened :o - LMAO

Offline miastar

• Tiger Rookie
  • For We\'re From Tigerland
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2004, 11:06:35 PM »
The whole lot of  the Clokes from the Mother and Father down can get stuffed as far as I am concerned, we don't need their kind at Richmond.

It would have been nice if they had come to the Tiges but I think Cogs will be worth it in the long run.

David Cloke started all the poohe between Rfc and the pies when he walked out.

Give me the Roaches. Raines, Monteath and Strahan any day.

Come to think of it he was in large part responsible for RFC policy of recruiting sub standard hacks it all started with Craig Stewart, Wally Lovett, Neil Peart etc etc.  Sad thing is they are still doing it now =  Billy Nichols, Adrian Fletcher what a couple of classics.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2004, 11:12:33 PM by miastar »

Ox

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2004, 11:11:30 PM »
or Robinson.(or is is Robertson?).
Graham I mean(father)

Offline Puntroadroar

• Premiership Captain
  • Our Very own Top Gun
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2004, 01:03:24 AM »
so travis might be a good player? big deal I'm glad he wont be coming, dont need his boof head of a father sticking his nose into our business anyway.

plenty more kids in the draft to sign up
There's no I in team, but there is 5 i's in Individual Brilliance.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2004, 02:17:31 AM »
It'll be interesting to see anyway if he lives up to the hype. I haven't seen his play but being better than his older brothers isn't that much of a wrap. Jason is very slow with no accountability. Jury still out on Cameron. If Travis does ends up a good player and we pick up a good player ourselves with our third round pick then who cares really. Both clubs win. In the case of Cogs and Jason Cloke we came out the winner.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2004, 09:41:20 AM »
Who cares if he goes to Collingwood?

Not me  ;)

Can you say "so long" before you've said "g'day"?

;D

All reports say that this year's draft talent wise is much deeper than last year
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2004, 02:02:34 AM »
Travis Cloke set to make three
27 June 2004   
Sunday Herald Sun
Scot Palmer

RICHMOND'S head-hunters can start the crucial review of its coaching department after learning Essendon's Kevin Sheedy is off the market.

And in more bad news for the Tigers it appears Travis Cloke will join his brothers, Jason and Cameron, at Collingwood.

The Magpies are confident the youngest of the Cloke football family will take up their offer for all three of them to play in the AFL together.

Defender Jason is also set to sign a new contract after a switch in management from Ricky Nixon's Flying Start organisation to join father David's new agency.

"It was in the best interests of the three boys that they be with their father," Nixon said.

Talent scouts from the Magpies and Richmond will monitor Travis's performances in the national under-19 championships, which start next week.

Richmond football director Greg Miller said he would get together soon with former coach David Parkin and Tiger president Clinton Casey to review Richmond's coaching positions.

Miller said there was one criterion already set down – applicants would have to have experience.

Miller said senior coach Danny Frawley would remain in charge of the Tigers for the rest of the home-and-away season, adding "there's never been any doubt about that".

But Frawley's position is in jeopardy and Richmond will look at the availability of several other people including former Sydney coach Rodney Eade and Sheedy's long-time assistant Mark Harvey, who could decide to move from Windy Hill now that his mentor will be there for another three years.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,9964778%255E20322,00.html

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2004, 03:24:41 AM »

Miller said there was one criterion already set down – applicants would have to have experience.

Richmond will look at the availability of several other people including Mark Harvey

Wouldn't the above criterion rule out Mark Harvey as he would be a rookie senior coach ???

Ox

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2004, 03:26:36 AM »
No Harvey and No Eade FFS !!!

They're Farwley re-visited.

Wallace  for 3 years.