Author Topic: Adem Yze is our new coach [merged]  (Read 96291 times)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Adem Yze is our new coach [merged]
« Reply #210 on: July 24, 2023, 04:27:02 PM »
IMO Mcqualter has to win both games at marvel to get above the pack.

to date he hasnt really done much to warrant the position as we have only played minnows and still sit outside the 8 where i thought we would always land this year.

Did you think we'd win 6/8 of the last games under Hardwick or Mini?

Only massive disappointment for me was Lions.

Beaten GWS who are going well and Saints who were 6th at the time.

Possibly mate, who knows. Maybe Giesh would have done better as well  :shh

At the end of the day he can only do what he has done, but last weeks game was rubbish so lets not forget that. Ditto Bombers Saints were 6th last week as well. We needed to bury sides and failed to do that. This weeks game was a very poor one by the club in the first 3 quarters.

Im not prepared to give him the nod because of some games against weak opposition. His next month will tell the story.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Gigantor

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #211 on: July 24, 2023, 06:39:43 PM »
In fairness to Mini he was given a team with a disfunctional forward line ie limited or zero marking ability. Our boys have  had to fight and scratch goals  out , not ideal.
When Bauer was selected to lend a hand there he lasted barely a few minutes.. Anyway let’s see if he can conjure up something for the crucial games to follow.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #212 on: July 25, 2023, 01:02:57 AM »
On the couch had a graphic which showed we were AFL#18 for scores per inside 50 under Dimma this season which has improved to AFL#1 since mini took over. I must say it certainly doesn’t look that way just based on the eye test, seems like we are still just banging it in long to an outnumbered jack for the most part. Can’t argue with the stats though I guess.

Offline Tiger_In_Sicily

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #213 on: July 25, 2023, 01:55:05 AM »
Need to watch the game more closely. Our forward line has been functioning 100 times better since mini took over

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #214 on: July 25, 2023, 03:43:51 AM »
Caro said applications for our next coach close on Friday. She reckons there will be 6-8 candidates.

https://twitter.com/FootyonNine/status/1683402251459522560

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #215 on: July 25, 2023, 03:52:49 AM »
McQualter favourite for Tigers job - Jon Ralph.

WATCH HERE: https://www.foxsports.com.au/video/afl/on-the-couch/mcqualter-favourite-for-tigers-job!862964

* Selection Panel is Livingstone, Hartley, Gale and an external person (someone from out of footy).

* Fear of caretaker history means McQualter will jump through every hoop to get the gig (eg: psychometric tests, etc).

* McQualter is the favourite.

----------------

Nathan Buckley earlier reckons it will be like an America's Cup run-off. All outside candidates will be narrowed down to the one considered the best and then they will be judged in a run-off against McQualter to see who gets the gig.

Offline Tiger Tragic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #216 on: July 25, 2023, 09:57:50 AM »
Caro said applications for our next coach close on Friday. She reckons there will be 6-8 candidates.

I just applied.  Make that 7-9 candidates.

Online JP Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #217 on: July 25, 2023, 10:31:50 AM »

I'd apply too, but I'm more of a campaigner than a candidate ...      :whistle

So, 7-9 candidates & maybe 1 campaigner ...   
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!  Loud, proud & dangerous!

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #218 on: July 25, 2023, 11:01:31 AM »
Wonder if any chicks will apply

Offline Tiger Tragic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #219 on: July 25, 2023, 11:27:16 AM »
Wonder if any chicks will apply

Daniel Chick?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #220 on: July 25, 2023, 01:55:02 PM »
“TAKE IT TO THE BANK”: WHY FORMER STAR BELIEVES MCQUALTER HAS TIGERS JOB LOCKED UP

Seb Mottram
SEN
25 July 2023

Paul Hasleby believes Andrew McQualter is going to be Richmond’s next senior coach, partly for how difficult it will prove for anyone to surpass him.

McQualter is six wins from eight games in charge of the Tigers since becoming the club’s interim coach following Round 10.

Richmond says it wants a new coach ideally before the end of the season and has previously indicated a desire for an untried coach.

McQualter, a long-time Richmond assistant, fits the bill and Hasleby has plenty of praise for the 37-year-old.

“Take it to the bank,” the former Dockers star began on SEN WA’s The Run Home.

“This will happen 100 per cent because who’s going to come over the top?

“If you think of the review process, he’s been in the chair, they want to get an untried coach, they’re on record saying that.

“So who can come in and wow them more than what he’s already done in the chair.

“He’s been really good in that position, kept their season alive and they could play finals footy.”

McQualter has declared his intentions to take the role from 2024 onwards.

With the club’s process to heat up in the coming weeks, Hasleby believes it will be hard to see any prospective coach prove more than what McQualter has in the last two months.

“They’ll still go through a process, but I can’t see anybody in the process coming over the top and being better than what we’ve seen from him… he’s had the experience, they’ve seen him in the chair,” Hasleby continued.

“It’s going to take one hell of a coach to beat him from this position… and who puts their hand up to go for this job? We know coaches don’t like to lose too often.

“There might be a first timer that goes for the experience, but those coaches that have been in the running a few times, they would know this is going to be a very difficult one to win from where they are.”

McQualter has earnt the support of co-captain Dylan Grimes and is already the heavy favourite to succeed Damien Hardwick on a full-time basis.

Melbourne assistant Adem Yze has gone close on several occasions, Essendon assistant Daniel Giansiracusa has publicly put his hand up and Collingwood’s Hayden Skipworth has had his name thrown up.

Ash Hansen, Josh Carr, Justin Leppitsch and Shaun Grigg are other names expected to come up more as a coaching merry-go-round looms.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2023/07/25/take-it-to-the-bank-why-former-star-believes-mcqualter-has-tigers-job-locked/

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #221 on: July 25, 2023, 02:15:44 PM »

I'd apply too, but I'm more of a campaigner than a candidate ...      :whistle

So, 7-9 candidates & maybe 1 campaigner ...

"Campaigner" as in the Big Footy swear filter sense of the word? :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #222 on: July 25, 2023, 02:19:19 PM »
Both Rutten & our VFL coach to apply as well then it'll be a race between a Mini, a Morris, a Carr & a Truck....Coulthard & Mansell will represent the players and help drive the discussions... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #223 on: July 25, 2023, 02:43:46 PM »
This week is a big test for Mini if he wants to the job, the stakes could not be higher. 
I am stil not convinced and think that a new voice and a coach with no attachment to premiership players is the way to go for a fresh start.
But he is absolutely doing a good job in a difficult situation. 

Offline Tiger_In_Sicily

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #224 on: July 25, 2023, 02:57:30 PM »
Yep, this week will be huge for him . Totally agree