Author Topic: Adem Yze is our new coach [merged]  (Read 92956 times)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
Re: Adem Yze is our new coach [merged]
« Reply #555 on: September 17, 2023, 08:33:47 AM »
I'm still frustrated this hasn't been completed. I know the decision is still within the time frame the club set out but I can count half a dozen players in the competition who have nominated other clubs as destinations to be traded to. None have been us, the fact we don't have a coach lowers our value as a destination.
Go Tigers!

Offline Rockster

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #556 on: September 17, 2023, 09:37:45 AM »
maybe its more to the point that A. we do not have any worth while Draft picks or not required players of value to be able to do any deals and B. with limited cap space  the type of players that are requesting trades we have an abundance of so lets spend wisely ... I don't see any quality KPF's requesting a trade so far

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #557 on: September 17, 2023, 12:56:34 PM »
It'll be Ralphsmith for a token pick and that'll be it.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #558 on: September 17, 2023, 01:20:29 PM »

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #559 on: September 17, 2023, 01:45:19 PM »
Out of curiosity What line has Yze had at the dees?, and has he coached his own side before?

My money is on mcqualter, and they have already made up their mind. Pure guess but that's mine.

Shame it was really only down to 2
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #560 on: September 17, 2023, 03:04:44 PM »
Who else would you go after?
Josh Carr? His brand looks broken after the drivel dished up by Port in those finals.
Lepp? Doesn’t want it and I am personally of the view he’s just not senior coaching material
Don Pyke? Again, maybe as a football administrator like ceo but not coach
Hodge - profiling like Gaz Lyon and Dermie at the same point in their post football career - media

There’s really no better choices out there who:-
a) want to coach
b) are good enough

Finally, if you don’t want to coach Richmond then eff off.
You either lack the ambition to be a premiership coach or don’t have the confidence to thrive in our environment.

“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #561 on: September 17, 2023, 03:44:53 PM »
Who else would you go after?
Josh Carr? His brand looks broken after the drivel dished up by Port in those finals.
Lepp? Doesn’t want it and I am personally of the view he’s just not senior coaching material
Don Pyke? Again, maybe as a football administrator like ceo but not coach
Hodge - profiling like Gaz Lyon and Dermie at the same point in their post football career - media

There’s really no better choices out there who:-
a) want to coach
b) are good enough

Finally, if you don’t want to coach Richmond then eff off.
You either lack the ambition to be a premiership coach or don’t have the confidence to thrive in our environment.

yze is mfc midfield coach. Their strongest attribute probably.

Im not opposed to McQualter as many others are. To think he would make drastic changes halfway through the season isnt great. I agree with those who say we need fresh ideas etc but im not so quick to write off McQualter for having these fresh ideas and changes. If the club choose him then im confident hes the right man. Besides, getting a coach isnt our problem.. its our list.

Offline JP Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #562 on: September 17, 2023, 05:15:55 PM »
McQualter was given the job of interim coach for the remainder of 2023.  That's a fairly limited job where he had to deal with some one else's mess.  But being given the real coaches job with free reign to do it his way could be a totally different scenario. 
Those saying they have seen enough of McQualter because he stuck to the script haven't really thought it through.  Maybe sticking to the script was the absolutely perfect thing to do ...   

There is the devil you know & then there's the other guy you don't know at all, which one is the bigger risk?       
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!  Loud, proud & dangerous!

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #563 on: September 17, 2023, 05:56:58 PM »
Mini was stuck - stick to script and fiddle with a few bits and pieces or overhaul?
Either way, he’s going to cop it. In some ways, it was the poisoned chalice.

He did ok. He asked questions of where to play Balta - the kid is a forward
He put Shorty back where he plays his best footy.
He gave most kids a go in the back end of the year.
He dropped others that were considered favourites.
Dimma coached 3 and 7 and he went 7 and 6.

However you want to look at it, he’s done a pretty good job.
If he was to get the job - the key is the support coaching staff.

We need fresher coaches around him than Truck, Teague and Clarke.

The job is more about the entire coaching staff than just the head coach.
I reckon that is where Dimma started to go wrong in the last couple of years.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #564 on: September 17, 2023, 05:58:34 PM »
On one hand, yes you don’t want to chop and change game plans mid season. On the other hand we really had to win against melb and bulldogs and we absolutely nuffed both chances. We rested martin in a do or die which was insane and the players were playing like they couldn’t give a stuff about September under mcqualter.

To me it has to be someone else

Online Gigantor

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #565 on: September 17, 2023, 06:22:14 PM »
The one that had me confused , is the management of Dion last game of the season.. I understand the game was irrelevant for us.

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #566 on: September 17, 2023, 06:25:24 PM »
The new coach need to have rebuilding skills , recruiting and development, our position has changed due to our Success in the  previous years  we don’t have a many good players that are required to play  consistent finals, we need improvement from what we have and need to develop what we recruit to fill those glaring holes in our list
No need to clean out what we have but we need a mini rebuild and if the new coach thinks we don’t to change anything we probably have picked the wrong coach

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #567 on: September 17, 2023, 07:03:03 PM »
Andrew McQualter, Adem Yze vie for Richmond coaching job

Jon Ralph
HeraldSun
September 17, 2023 - 5:10PM

Melbourne assistant coach Adem Yze and Richmond interim coach Andrew McQualter will give their final presentations in the next 48 hours as the Tigers close in on a replacement for Damien Hardwick.

Richmond has been wowed by Yze’s detailed presentation handed to them in the week of the pre-finals bye after he narrowly missed out to Brad Scott (Essendon) and Adam Kingsley (GWS) last year.

But McQualter still has strong support from within Richmond, so the decision is a lineball call between two quality candidates.

Yze’s second presentation early this week comes after the Demons crashed out of finals contention with a second straight-sets defeat, and he would be a significant loss from the club’s coaching panel.

While McQualter’s 7-6 win-loss record included four losses in his final five games, the Tigers have always maintained he would not be judged solely on short-term results.

Richmond is keen to make its decision ahead of the grand final and yet with few significant trade targets have not been in a dramatic rush to make a decision.

Yze said on Friday as part of his pre-match duties as a Demons assistant he was “proud” of how he had stood up in the challenging aspects of Richmond’s initial interview.

“(Richmond) have been terrific,” he told the ABC.

“They allowed me to have my presentation the week we had off leading into finals, and the next meeting I have got with them is next week. That is the last one I will present to and then they will make a decision after that. I have really enjoyed it.

“I really enjoyed the processes I went through last year with both clubs and this has been no different. It tests you. It puts you in a scenario and shows your vulnerabilities, and I have really enjoyed the process and am really proud of the way I have presented. I just know I have a presentation early next week and then they will get back to me on that.

“The first presentation is the hardest and you have to put a fair bit of preparation into it.

“I had four days off so I could put my presentation hat on and dig into that, and once we have gone back into our footy club, I have gone back into my normal job and I have the weekend to organise my last presentation and see how it goes.”

https://www.codesports.com.au/afl/afl-2023-andrew-mcqualter-adem-yze-vie-for-richmond-coaching-job/news-story/9b7685850cf11a6272ae8e5177d8b7e3

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #568 on: September 17, 2023, 11:16:29 PM »
From the Melbourne forum Demonland.

Quote from: Sir Why You Little
Yze has the Richmond job, i have been told…
Quote from: WalkingCivilWar
He has a fourth interview this Tuesday. Sounds as though it’s merely a formality. This came from his niece.
Quote from: Dr Gonzo
Yep should be announced this week

https://demonland.com/forums/topic/56304-coaching-reshuffle-at-the-demons/

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #569 on: September 18, 2023, 07:30:15 AM »
Mini couldn't even control the controllables his team selection was bang average kids took the rapt. We had those 2 stinkers we're we lacked effort. Senior players checked out and not one dropped. He only played kids at the end when finals was gone.