Author Topic: Adem Yze is our new coach [merged]  (Read 76814 times)

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Adem Yze is our new coach [merged]
« Reply #570 on: September 18, 2023, 07:48:28 AM »
Mini couldn't even control the controllables his team selection was bang average kids took the rapt. We had those 2 stinkers we're we lacked effort. Senior players checked out and not one dropped. He only played kids at the end when finals was gone.

Mini is a dud. The fact he is in the final two is embarrassing for the club and a poor reflection on the people running the process.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #571 on: September 18, 2023, 07:53:49 AM »
No one really knows what he control of and what he didnt but his lack of enthusiasm geez. I recall someone asked about finals and his answer left me shaking my head. The resting of players in matches we had a better chance of winning was very strange.

I would fall asleep listening to him so if he gets it lets hope he has more mongrel than what we have seen.

If he gets it, i  also hope he cleans out the dead wood of those topping up their retirement package and thats starts with Teague and some of those underperforming footy department duds.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #572 on: September 18, 2023, 07:58:13 AM »
Who else would you go after?
Josh Carr? His brand looks broken after the drivel dished up by Port in those finals.
Lepp? Doesn’t want it and I am personally of the view he’s just not senior coaching material
Don Pyke? Again, maybe as a football administrator like ceo but not coach
Hodge - profiling like Gaz Lyon and Dermie at the same point in their post football career - media

There’s really no better choices out there who:-
a) want to coach
b) are good enough

Finally, if you don’t want to coach Richmond then eff off.
You either lack the ambition to be a premiership coach or don’t have the confidence to thrive in our environment.

im not saying we should go after this and that, what i am saying is this is the best that is out there?

either the club hasnt sold it well, or prospective coaches looked at this list and thought na we aint going anywhere in 5 years.

Carr, Skipworth etc didnt want a bar of it.

The biggest issue i have is in our assistants. Dimma getting these guys in was more about a feel good story after their sacking than anything they bring to the table. Case in point is Teague. WTF is he actually doing?

Look what the blues are doing since he left. I hope the new coach cleans out all of them and starts again with fresh ideas and faces.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #573 on: September 18, 2023, 02:45:12 PM »
'The Richmond coaching race is still 50-50' - Tom Morris

Go to 8:38 min mark: https://megaphone.link/NTETP8072085830

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #574 on: September 18, 2023, 02:46:50 PM »
Josh Carr? His brand looks broken after the drivel dished up by Port in those finals.
Lepp? Doesn’t want it and I am personally of the view he’s just not senior coaching material
Hodge - profiling like Gaz Lyon and Dermie at the same point in their post football career - media

a) want to coach
b) are good enough

You either lack the ambition to be a premiership coach or don’t have the confidence to thrive in our environment.

im not saying we should go after this and that, what i am saying is this is the best that is out there?

either the club hasnt sold it well, or prospective coaches looked at this list and thought na we aint going anywhere in 5 years.

The biggest issue i have is in our assistants. Dimma getting these guys in was more about a feel good story after their sacking than anything they bring to the table. Case in point is Teague. WTF is he actually doing?

Look what the blues are doing since he left. I hope the new coach cleans out all of them and starts again with fresh ideas and faces.

Agree on this. Assistants have shown to be enormously effective.

Carracella and Leppa for us for dynasty.
Leppa has helped turn around Collingwood with Fly.
Teague who was poor at Calrton has continued to be part of poor performance.

It's easy to point fingers but there is a clear pattern that good assistants are linked to good performances.

I guess the Rutten and Teague appointments had a similar thought to Leppa who came to us after being sacked at Lions.

Apparently still undecided which is really frustrating that there is about 10 days left of the entire season left and we still don't have a head coach.
Go Tigers!

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #575 on: September 18, 2023, 03:51:19 PM »
Still undecided Mini has been at club how long and he had 14 games if he wasn't appointed by now it's simple his not the one.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #576 on: September 19, 2023, 01:02:02 AM »
"Melbourne are firmly of the belief that Yze has done quite well in that process, has a last interview this week, and could move on" - Caroline Wilson's update on the Richmond coaching job.

Watch here: https://twitter.com/FootyonNine/status/1703743480600682629

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #577 on: September 19, 2023, 06:22:21 AM »
Personally I don't understand what the club can gleam from so many interviews lol

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #578 on: September 19, 2023, 07:24:00 AM »
Still undecided Mini has been at club how long and he had 14 games if he wasn't appointed by now it's simple his not the one.

So it has nothing to do with the process they've put in place that all candidates have to go thorugh and they are not deviating from?   ::)

He is going through it and has supposedly made to to the final 2.

We want them to do it properly and they are. If he had been appointed without any process, you know interviews, presentations, phych testing etc everyone would be screaming "jobs for the boys"

As I've said all along I've got no issue with the time taken as it appears they are doing it the right way. I don't care which one gets the job as I trust the Club will appoint the person who has met the criteria set and can take us forward
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Tiger_In_Sicily

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #579 on: September 19, 2023, 12:09:57 PM »
What if the process is just a show. To show us all they have gone through a process .. we will never know unless yze is picked. If mini is picked doubts will always be there that the process was all for show.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #580 on: September 19, 2023, 12:27:59 PM »

a) want to coach
b) are good enough

Agree on this. Assistants have shown to be enormously effective.

Carracella and Leppa for us for dynasty.
Leppa has helped turn around Collingwood with Fly.
Teague who was poor at Calrton has continued to be part of poor performance.

I guess the Rutten and Teague appointments had a similar thought to Leppa who came to us after being sacked at Lions.

Rutten started his coaching career at Richmond and was here for the 2017 flag. :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #581 on: September 19, 2023, 01:17:37 PM »
Quote from: The Tail @Jonesracing82
Yze
Quote from: Mark and Mara
Is it announced or hunch like I have?
Over coming days, hearing enough about it from ppl who are good with Tiger info. Thought i'd put a teaser out there
https://twitter.com/Jonesracing82/status/1703936851663597799

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #582 on: September 19, 2023, 01:20:20 PM »
POLL | Richmond fans - who do you want as your senior coach out of the two remaining contenders?

Andrew McQualter  24.5%
Adem Yze              75.5%

343 votes

https://twitter.com/DwaynesWorldSEN/status/1703962977077174741

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #583 on: September 19, 2023, 01:26:00 PM »
Inside job or outside voice: Who'll be Tigers' agent of change?

Richmond faces a potentially era-defining decision in choose between Andrew McQualter and Adem Yze for its new coach

By Callum Twomey
afl.com.au
19 August 2023

AFTER going through its premiership era, Richmond is now in the process of change.

Damien Hardwick, their triple-premiership coach, left mid-season and is now in the Gold Coast bright red polo. Trent Cotchin, the skipper of all those flags, has retired as has the spearhead of their glory years, Jack Riewoldt. Administratively, John O'Rourke has been the Tigers' president for less than a year. His next decision will be his biggest so far. Who will fill the shoes permanently of Hardwick?

As AFL.com.au reported last week, interim coach Andrew McQualter and Melbourne assistant Adem Yze have leapt ahead as the two frontrunners for the role, with well-credentialled assistants Daniel Giansiracusa (Essendon), Chris Newman (Hawthorn) and Xavier Clarke (Richmond) no longer a part of the Tigers' coaching process. A decision is expected around Grand Final time.

A key question will be how much more change is actually required? There is an argument that whoever is appointed – regardless of background at Tigerland or not – will be a voice of change on top of the layers that have already occurred in recent months.

In McQualter, the Tigers have a long-term assistant who knows the group, is popular and respected by players and understands the Richmond way. A short-term interim coaching stint does not provide a strong window for change to be introduced like a full-time coaching job would. Nor should the caretaker curse be applied to him like it has for others in recent seasons – his time as Richmond's head coach didn't come after a brutal sacking or stretch of pressure.

In Yze, the Tigers will be considering a fresh voice altogether who comes from a developed program, has match-day experience with the Demons and has been second-placed in his past two attempts at landing a senior coaching role – with Essendon and Greater Western Sydney. The Giants' success this season under Adam Kingsley, who had also been knocked back for previous coaching roles, will work in the favour of those who have chased multiple jobs.

In deciding between two qualified, experienced and successful candidates, the Tigers will also be weighing the unique circumstances of their coaching search.

It didn't come on the back of a horror season, an elongated period of failure or a culture that has imploded. It was driven by Hardwick's quick and sudden departure from the club, with the new Suns head coach saying he had "tried to cook the sausages 100 different ways and I couldn't find 1001". Richmond players, too, might have been ready to see the barbecue packed up and put in the garage. 

Because of Hardwick's rapid mid-season exit, McQualter was thrown the keys to the senior team as the interim coach and finished with a 7-6 winning record. He made moves – restoring Liam Baker to the forward line, Dustin Martin to the midfield and Jayden Short getting back to his running best off half-back – and rode the wave of a club dealing with the end of its golden run but working ways to remain in the finals hunt until the last few weeks of the season. Four players also got their debuts under McQualter.

That McQualter was by Hardwick's side for a decade since joining Richmond in 2014 gives him an advantage on knowing the inner workings of the club and what has contributed to their premierships. Familiarity can be the friend of success. That Yze hasn't had this gives the former Dees forward an edge if the Tigers are looking for an outsider's view.

Yze has been in charge of the Demons' midfield and is also the head of strategy on game day and in constant communication to coach Simon Goodwin from the coaches' box. Before Melbourne, he had been at Hawthorn as an assistant coach. Yze had taken some time to decide whether to throw himself into the coaching process at Richmond, which itself was done a little differently to other clubs through the application process.

Now that process is at its pointy end, the Tigers have a call to make. If change is on the agenda, both offer it in different ways. 

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1035753/inside-job-or-outside-voice-who-will-be-tigers-agent-of-change

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #584 on: September 19, 2023, 01:56:25 PM »
Yze
Quote from: Mark and Mara
Is it announced or hunch like I have?
Over coming days, hearing enough about it from ppl who are good with Tiger info. Thought i'd put a teaser out there
https://twitter.com/Jonesracing82/status/1703936851663597799

He has 50% chance of being right