Author Topic: Socceroos / Matildas / World Cup / Asian Cup  (Read 158019 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Socceroos / World Cup / Asian Cup
« Reply #1275 on: June 16, 2018, 09:19:11 PM »
You could have almost predicted being a "minnow" we'd cop a VAR penalty that was called play on initially by the ref.

Hold we've now got a penalty. Mile equalises :woohoo

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1276 on: June 16, 2018, 09:41:39 PM »
Sloppy play in the defensive midfield in the last 5 mins as we've got tired. That's caused us to go behind.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1277 on: June 16, 2018, 09:50:11 PM »
this deserves a draw this game. no team has performed better than the other

I dont know much about ryan but is there no one taller than him. Seems short for a goalie.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

dwaino

« Reply #1278 on: June 16, 2018, 09:56:05 PM »
Expected the result but doesn't mean I'm not gutted. Not only could we have drawn, we could have won. Reckon the pen was technically there but it was so soft, put a lot of mayo on a brush and I reckon Risdon still got a toe on the ball from the earlier angle.

We've come to play, bring that against Denmark and Peru and we go through!

dwaino

« Reply #1279 on: June 16, 2018, 10:07:13 PM »
this deserves a draw this game. no team has performed better than the other

I dont know much about ryan but is there no one taller than him. Seems short for a goalie.

Probably a couple cms smaller than some others but he's a world class keeper so it doesn't really matter.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #1280 on: June 16, 2018, 10:18:47 PM »
he ain't a world class keeper, not even close. he's alright.

good effort. disappointed to see Pogba pull that out of his ass and Ryan get beat. still, a great effort by the lads. very encouraging
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1281 on: June 16, 2018, 10:19:06 PM »
Mitch Langerak would be our tallest keeper (6' 4") but Mat Ryan is clearly our best keeper right now. He saved our backsides a few times tonight. The French winner wasn't his fault either. We were tiring, we started committing sloppy passes coughing up possession in dangerous spots and left space in the middle of our defence for Pogba to waltz through. They got lucky with it lobbing just in too. It looked like it deflected off Behich given the spin on the ball.

Very disappointing to lose given how we played but our concentration dropped off in the last 10-15 mins as we tired and the French made us pay. It's a harsh game. I hope we don't back slap ourselves too much after what is after all a loss. We still have two games to go in the group stage and we can still qualify for the knockout stage if we play with that intensity and concentration for the whole 90 minutes rather than 80.

The one positive is our goal difference wasn't hurt with a one goal loss. Best case scenario is a Denmark-Peru draw later tonight followed by the French going through the group with 3 wins. We'll now most likely need a win and a draw to go through.

ps. Lucas Hernandez is a staging cheat. No wonder his nickname is the "diver"  ::).

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #1282 on: June 16, 2018, 10:22:54 PM »
He should have been carded for his 3rd effort. Weak dog
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1283 on: June 16, 2018, 10:27:39 PM »
he ain't a world class keeper, not even close. he's alright.
He won't go down as one of the greatest of all time but he is world class. Brighton can pretty much thank Ryan for staying up in the EPL.

dwaino

« Reply #1284 on: June 16, 2018, 10:30:35 PM »
There are only 20 #1 keepers in the EPL and La Liga, the two top leagues in the world. Ryan has been the starting keeper in both making him a world class keeper. Is a gun, we're lucky to have him.

dwaino

« Reply #1285 on: June 16, 2018, 10:33:07 PM »
Reckon it was only Kante that gave us a tough time. Nabbout and Rogic were doing a good job harassing him and he was able to set their play up a bit once those two came off. Hope Hernandez gets taken out, surely should be sanctioned. Horrible display even for world football. Pogba was poo, lucky to get credited for that goal because I thought it was deflected.

dwaino

« Reply #1286 on: June 16, 2018, 10:39:44 PM »
Can't find it but apparently the ref has said he thought Risdon got a toe on the ball but the trip was a separate action? lol if true. Uruguay still butt hurt.

dwaino

« Reply #1287 on: June 16, 2018, 10:47:09 PM »
Reckon Iceland v Argies is gonna be a ripper.

dwaino

« Reply #1288 on: June 17, 2018, 12:56:01 AM »
Iceland are brilliant to watch.

Messi was a mess. Too selfish, too often burned his teammates and missed the pen.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1289 on: June 17, 2018, 07:41:38 AM »
Messi is finished
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.