Author Topic: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo 2024  (Read 36032 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo 2024 pp
« Reply #195 on: August 02, 2024, 03:57:30 PM »
We must be watching different games as I have seen little development in many players.

Dow, Sonzie, Samson, Banks nothing. Clarke prior to Injury nothing.

Brown has shown promise.

There won't be enough pages in the sack yze thread if we start copping 100 point losses next year with a list full of kids and token players like Kosi and ryan.

I think geogies31 has raised a really interesting point. While I agree with you Frankie on a couple you've mentioned I reckon it is also worth looking at the dates he's given opportunities (yes alot through necessity to a number of players and now proper decisions can be made

Dow - has been given a good run this year (finally) so we've all been able to see what he can and/or can't do. So now there is no question around what should happen. Before 2024 it was all speculation

Agree re Banks and Ryan  - been disappointing

Sonsie - clearly been played out position

So there the negatives

But they are outweighed by the positives which IMHO are:

Miller- improved

Brown  - improved

Hugo - huge improvement

Mansell  - improved

Campbell - given opportunities,  massive upside

McAuliffe - see Campbell

Smith - see Campbell and McAuliffe

Green  - again given opportunities

MRJ  - until his injury improvement

Ross - see MRJ

Lefau- given opportunities

Don't think it's fair to evaluate those who have season ending injuries eg Gibcus, Clarke and Fawcett

My point is this year for many reasons we've seen kids played, given opportunities.  Some haven't shown improvement but gee alot have and that's a positive for the coach and the development team
« Last Edit: August 02, 2024, 08:25:22 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #196 on: August 02, 2024, 08:17:26 PM »
We must be watching different games as I have seen little development in many players.

Brown has shown promise.

There won't be enough pages in the sack yze thread if we start copping 100 point losses next year with a list full of kids and token players like Kosi and ryan.

Miller ,Brown ,Campbell, Lefau , Rioli junior, Hugo, Green no credit for them besides Brown that's being with blinkers on. Previous regime either didn't give them opportunities or they we're out of position. Yze and co aren't going to get everyone right as you said Dow ,Sonsie disappointing. Ryan his still developing as a ruck. Banks yes needs to show more.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #197 on: August 02, 2024, 08:22:04 PM »

Brown has shown promise.

Miller ,Brown ,Campbell, Lefau , Rioli junior, Hugo, Green no credit for them besides Brown that's being with blinkers on.

yeah they are killing it :lol. Miller showed promise last year as did MRJ.

Hugo i would put in the Brown category. As for the rest id say your reaching if your claiming a lot of development under Yze.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #198 on: August 02, 2024, 08:33:39 PM »

Brown has shown promise.

I think geogies31 has raised a really interesting point. While I agree with you Frankie on a couple you've mentioned I reckon it is also worth looking at the dates he's given opportunities (yes alot through necessity to a number of players and now proper decisions can be made

Dow - has been given a good run this year (finally) so we've all been able to see what he can and/or can't do. So now there is no question around what should happen. Before 2024 it was all speculation

Agree re Banks and Ryan  - been disappointing

Sonsie - clearly been played out position

So there the negatives

But they are outweighed by the positives which IMHO are:

Miller- improved

Brown  - improved

Hugo - huge improvement

Mansell  - improved

Campbell - given opportunities,  massive upside

McAuliffe - see Campbell

Smith - see Campbell and McAuliffe

Green  - again given opportunities

MRJ  - until his injury improvement

Ross - see MRJ

Lefau- given opportunities

Don't think it's fair to evaluate those who have season ending injuries eg Gibcus, Clarke and Fawcett

My point is this year for many reasons we've seen kids played, given opportunities.  Some haven't shown improvement but gee alot have and that's a positive for the coach and the development team

WP the word used is a lot of improvmenet and im not sure how you can say you have seen a lot of improvement in many of those names. You dont want to critique players like Clarke due to limnited games this year, but then on the other hand claim guys who have played limited games as having improved a lot. They show potential that is all they show.

you say Sonsie is played out of position well whose fault is that? Lets have a conversation in the future when there is real development shall we.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #199 on: August 02, 2024, 08:36:40 PM »

yeah they are killing it :lol. Miller showed promise last year as did MRJ.

Hugo i would put in the Brown category. As for the rest id say your reaching if your claiming a lot of development under Yze.

FWIW finished my post above from earlier

Part of development is giving kids opportunities

Under our previous coach that rarely happened.

In a season as bleak as this one it is seeing these kids getting opportunities and improving has been the only thing keeping me going every week
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
Re: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo 2024
« Reply #200 on: August 04, 2024, 10:42:04 AM »
We absolutely must get as much top end talent this year. It will be generationally defining. We risk becoming Essendon if we miss the boat these next 2 years before Tassie. No side has been successful without top end draft talent. Yes, plenty high draft picks fail, but the successful teams have a core of the best players in the comp. Apart from Bolton, maybe Balta, Gibcus there isn't anything under 25 that says top 10 player in comp at Tigerland. We need to get 2-3 potential to p 10 players in the comp.

We had Dusty Cotch Jack Rance Lynch (and other ofcourse) but all these guys were first rounders. Rance 19.

Take emotion out of it, if Bolton, Rioli and Baker all go we could create a top end talent foundation we will be unable to create when Tassie come.

Pick 1, 21 currently would be top end.
34, 39, 41, 52 are squad players and expect some to be packaged to help darger don and academies.
- 39 and 52 (692 points) could go to Carlton to help with Camp twins) and get pick 32. +108 points for them.
- 34, 41 and 71 (997 points) to GC for academy players and we get Pick 20. +85 points to them.
65 (90) points can be used to get any deal over the line.

Now with Pick 1, 20, 21, 32.

I don't think we get 2 first rounders for Rioli. I think Pick 13 and maybe a later pick is fair.  If we wanted Pick 6 we'd have to throw in picks 20 and 21. Which I struggle to see happening. Reality would be Rioli for pick 13.

Now with Pick 1, 13, 20, 21, 32

Bolton I think is simple if Baker joins him and I think all 3 first rounders is fair. If Baker goes to WCE it'll take a while to get Freos top pick because 14 and 17 is unders for Bolton. I think Baker goes to Freo. Bolton joins and we add Pick 9, 14 and 17.

Now with:
Pick 1, 9, 14, 17, 20, 21 and 35.

Id consider packaging up a combo of 20, 21 and 35 for a future first so we spread our currency over two drafts.

Great draft hand. Build the next gen.
Go Tigers!

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #201 on: August 04, 2024, 11:52:46 AM »
We absolutely must get as much top end talent this year. It will be generationally defining. We risk becoming Essendon if we miss the boat these next 2 years before Tassie. No side has been successful without top end draft talent. Yes, plenty high draft picks fail, but the successful teams have a core of the best players in the comp. Apart from Bolton, maybe Balta, Gibcus there isn't anything under 25 that says top 10 player in comp at Tigerland. We need to get 2-3 potential to p 10 players in the comp.

We had Dusty Cotch Jack Rance Lynch (and other ofcourse) but all these guys were first rounders. Rance 19.

Take emotion out of it, if Bolton, Rioli and Baker all go we could create a top end talent foundation we will be unable to create when Tassie come.

Pick 1, 21 currently would be top end.
34, 39, 41, 52 are squad players and expect some to be packaged to help darger don and academies.
- 39 and 52 (692 points) could go to Carlton to help with Camp twins) and get pick 32. +108 points for them.
- 34, 41 and 71 (997 points) to GC for academy players and we get Pick 20. +85 points to them.
65 (90) points can be used to get any deal over the line.

Now with Pick 1, 20, 21, 32.

I don't think we get 2 first rounders for Rioli. I think Pick 13 and maybe a later pick is fair.  If we wanted Pick 6 we'd have to throw in picks 20 and 21. Which I struggle to see happening. Reality would be Rioli for pick 13.

Now with Pick 1, 13, 20, 21, 32

Bolton I think is simple if Baker joins him and I think all 3 first rounders is fair. If Baker goes to WCE it'll take a while to get Freos top pick because 14 and 17 is unders for Bolton. I think Baker goes to Freo. Bolton joins and we add Pick 9, 14 and 17.

Now with:
Pick 1, 9, 14, 17, 20, 21 and 35.

Id consider packaging up a combo of 20, 21 and 35 for a future first so we spread our currency over two drafts.

Great draft hand. Build the next gen.

Agree with your sentiments entirely except that from my observations clubs tend to want better point surplus than what you're suggesting around that +100 mark.

I think we'd be better off packaging more picks to academy/FS clubs to get proper 1st rounders back.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #202 on: August 04, 2024, 01:40:24 PM »
It depends where they rate their linked players are, it's hard to know. But generally increase in points is positive.
Go Tigers!

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #203 on: August 04, 2024, 04:10:15 PM »
Can anyone guarantee pick 1 will be better than pick 20 , I can’t , if your relying on our recruitment team to get it half  right, didn’t pick Van Royan or Bazza even though we desperately needed them, obsessed with back flankers

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #204 on: August 04, 2024, 05:11:15 PM »
Can anyone guarantee pick 1 will be better than pick 20 , I can’t , if your relying on our recruitment team to get it half  right, didn’t pick Van Royan or Bazza even though we desperately needed them, obsessed with back flankers

this.

how many pick ones are better than pick 2 or 3's and so on

more often than not they arent the best player. I think there are pro's and con's either way in that your later selections are brought forward by 1 as well.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #205 on: August 04, 2024, 05:29:05 PM »
P1 is also a lot of points so if we don't want to use it we can package it with lower picks for more top 10 picks.

Regardless it gives us the best draft hand.

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #206 on: August 04, 2024, 05:39:00 PM »
People.  Rioli & Bolton are CONTRACTED premiership players.  Whoever is after them has to pay extra.  Period. 
Otherwise you just keep them. 
There also contracted for multiple years so it's not like the other club can wait it out. 

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #207 on: August 04, 2024, 06:16:43 PM »

this.

more often than not they arent the best player. I think there are pro's and con's either way in that your later selections are brought forward by 1 as well.
So if you traded pick 1, what could you realistically expect back?? Eg pick one for pick 5 and 6??

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #208 on: August 04, 2024, 07:02:48 PM »

this.

So if you traded pick 1, what could you realistically expect back?? Eg pick one for pick 5 and 6??

Considering pick one is worth 3000
Pick 5 and 6 are worth 3629

So no , you wouldn’t get 5 and 6 for pick one

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #209 on: August 04, 2024, 07:07:45 PM »
People aren’t trading for pick 1 for points they’re trading for it so they can their pick of the bunch. Not saying someone would offer 5 and 6, but points don’t really factor into it.