Author Topic: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo 2024  (Read 36018 times)

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
Re: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo 2024
« Reply #435 on: September 08, 2024, 04:45:50 PM »
Don Luke has ruled out Pick 3 for Baker but not ruled out trading pick 3 for Baker and a top 10 pick.

Hinting pick 9 if we get for Bolton, plus Baker will get us pick 3.

Which makes the Bolton trade very important, in that we should be working hard at getting pick 9 and 10. As 10 will ensure we get either Whitlock or Armstrong.

Tell them to eff off
Such an even draft

Option 1 - pick 1, pick 9, keep Baker
Option 2 - pick 1, pick 3

I know which id prefer

Surely there would need to be something else coming our way . Future second ?

More like
Option 1 - P1, P9, P10, Baker
Option 2 - P1, P3, P10

You'd want something else thrown in for Baker rather than trading him for an upgrade. I'd consider their 2nd or F2.

So you are saying exactly what I said

But just adding in the pick 10s which add zero difference to the comparison of scenarios

May as well add in every pick we will have

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #436 on: September 08, 2024, 07:05:03 PM »
West Coast Eagles rule out trading pick three for Richmond vice captain Liam Baker in ‘standalone’ trade

Glen Quartermain
The West Australian
Sun, 8 September 2024

West Coast chief executive Don Pyke has ruled out giving up pick three on its own in this year’s draft to Richmond in a direct trade for Liam Baker.

But Pyke did not rule out parting with three and securing a top-10 pick and the West Australian premiership mid-forward.

The Tigers are in negotiations with Gold Coast over the future of Daniel Rioli with the pick six mentioned in that deal a chance to be on-traded to the Eagles.

“Not as a standalone,” Pyke told ABC Radio.

“The scenarios are varied and different with ultimately what we would be prepared to part with for Liam versus what does it look like for us in our trade hand and the draft table.

“It’s hard because the trade stuff starts in about a month’s time. I know the conversations have already started but there is a fair bit of water to go under the bridge before we get to that.

“We are really mindful and want to reassure our members and fans we are going to make sure we do this in a really diligent way and really sensible way that hopefully we can bring in some mature talent but we can also make sure we have a good draft hand to bring in our younger talent.

‘Historically that is where the club has done very well. And this year’s draft falls very deep I am led to believe. We don’t want to miss out.

“I’ve said probably from the middle of the year, where we are at, we want the best of both worlds. We want to bring in some talent, mature, that can help us but we also want to make sure we have our draft talent to keep that draft talent coming on board so that we have some high-end picks.”

He confirmed Baker, Shai Bolton, Jack Graham and Chad Warner were also part of discussions.

”We are having conversations around what that might look like,” Pyke said.

“There are negotiations around trade, around contracts, term, and we are working through that.

“We are trying to have the view that if we put enough lines in the water we will add something there. We need to be sure we are adding to the list in the right way that builds towards what we need for the future. That’s where it’s at.”

Richmond’s new CEO Shane Dunne said this week if would take an “extraordinary” deal to part with contracted players Bolton and Rioli.

Baker is uncontracted, and while he is leaning towards the Eagles, his management has told the Dockers and West Coast he is yet to come to an official decision.

The Dockers have three first-round picks in this year’s draft and are also in the mix for Baker and Bolton, along with Sydney’s Chad Warner, who is out of contract at the end of next season.

Eagles defender Tom Barrass has requested a trade to Hawthorn with the Hawks will be prepared to give up a first-round pick, which will depend on how deep the go in September.

“The situation with Tom is those conversations will have started now and we will have those with Hawthorn without necessarily putting it out there as to what we want,” Pyke said.

“Understanding he is a contracted player and is a required player. He has made a decision and so we will try and negotiate in our best interests to get what we can for that trade if it is to eventuate.”

https://thewest.com.au/sport/west-coast-eagles/west-coast-eagles-rule-out-trading-pick-three-for-richmond-vice-captain-liam-baker-in-standalone-trade-c-15983220

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #439 on: September 10, 2024, 08:43:00 PM »
On the Suns BF forum, they said Collingwood have asked for 12 for Noble  :lol
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #440 on: September 10, 2024, 10:49:56 PM »
How noble of them...... :propeller
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #441 on: September 11, 2024, 12:28:58 AM »
Sam Edmund on SEN:

“The Blues have pick 11. Now, Carlton wants to take pick 11 to the draft, so you’d be fair to think ‘how the hell can they get Houston in?’.

“This is where Richmond comes in, I think. If the Blues give their future 1st and send it to Richmond and the Tigers won’t want half a dozen first round picks in the one draft this year with the exodus taking place.

“The Blues could help them there and get a first round pick back this year from the Tigers. There would need to be more to the deal and swaps and the rest of it.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2024/09/10/how-richmond-and-gws-could-factor-into-houston-trade-as-blues-emerge-as/

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #442 on: September 11, 2024, 12:33:32 AM »
No thanks. As much as the blues are overhyped, smart money would be on them finishing higher next season so this just seems like a downgrade to me. Also not keen on helping the blues get the trades they want lol

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #443 on: September 11, 2024, 12:41:22 AM »
No thanks. As much as the blues are overhyped, smart money would be on them finishing higher next season so this just seems like a downgrade to me. Also not keen on helping the blues get the trades they want lol

Yep.

If we get band 3 compo for Graham and end up with 21+22 we should use them to have a punt on the twins just to F with their craft.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #444 on: September 11, 2024, 01:11:05 AM »

Yep.

If we get band 3 compo for Graham and end up with 21+22 we should use them to have a punt on the twins just to F with their craft.

Campo twins are duds.....would prefer the Whitlock twins at those picks if they're still on the board...... :shh

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #445 on: September 11, 2024, 09:13:11 AM »

Yep.

Campo twins are duds.....would prefer the Whitlock twins at those picks if they're still on the board...... :shh

Don't actually want them. Just hope it's enough to make Carltank bid and slide :D

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #446 on: September 11, 2024, 12:13:43 PM »
We own these pricks over Yarran to.

Offline OneEyedRichmond

• Future Richmond star
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #447 on: September 11, 2024, 12:40:40 PM »

💯🖕

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #448 on: September 11, 2024, 12:41:16 PM »

we were the idiots who coughed it up, much like Hopper and to a lesser extend TT.

What is the difference?

We didnt do our DD on Hopper or Yarran.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #449 on: September 11, 2024, 01:28:18 PM »