Author Topic: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo 2024  (Read 58057 times)

Online TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
Re: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo 2024
« Reply #615 on: October 02, 2024, 10:59:01 PM »
NM also have 40, 58 and 64. Im sure they'll try to deal with Lions.
GWS have 49, 52 and 70. Plus some picks coming for Peatling and any other exits. They'll be in a position to trade with Lions.

As much as we have an array of picks, we don't have a monopoly on them. I'd be using them in any deals to get over the line.
Go Tigers!

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #616 on: October 02, 2024, 11:01:53 PM »
Do either of those teams also currently have pick one and the first shot at Ashcroft? :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #617 on: October 02, 2024, 11:26:17 PM »
Do either of those teams also currently have pick one and the first shot at Ashcroft? :shh

What is your point?
Go Tigers!

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #618 on: October 02, 2024, 11:30:49 PM »
That we're the team with the strongest hand and can make them pay the highest price....pretty stuffing obvious I would've thought.... ::)
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #619 on: October 02, 2024, 11:51:54 PM »
TALKS ON TIGERS TO RAMP UP

Trade talks for Richmond's wantaway trio Shai Bolton, Daniel Rioli and Liam Baker are set to ramp up following the Tigers' best and fairest, with all three finishing in the top-five of the count.

Rioli claimed his first Jack Dyer Medal on Wednesday night as Gold Coast look to strike a deal for the triple-premiership half-back, with all three players speaking to the crowd at Crown Palladium for the event.

The Suns' pick No.6 will be put forward for Rioli, with the Tigers at this stage expected to look for more in return for the 27-year-old, who is contracted with Richmond for another three seasons. He has a five-year offer from the Suns.

Gold Coast also holds picks 12, 20, 26, 38, 46 and 74 this year, as well as its full 2025 hand of picks, with a number of clubs chasing the Suns' No.12 pick. Carlton, Collingwood, Melbourne, the Western Bulldogs and Sydney are among the clubs who have interest in the pick, which is up for grabs due to incoming Academy prospect Leo Lombard.

Fremantle's long-held interest in Bolton means the Dockers are still the expected club for the Tigers star, with the Dockers having a five-year offer for him. Andrew McQualter's appointment as West Coast's new senior coach hasn't shifted the view Fremantle is best placed to get a deal done, with the Tigers aware of Bolton's interest in being a Docker.

The Dockers have been prepared to offer two of their first-round picks for Bolton – picks No.9 and 16 – although Richmond is expected to target Freo's No.9 and 10 picks for the 25-year-old.

Baker's move to West Coast is further down the line given his out-of-contract status. Fremantle had been prepared to trade pick 10 for Baker if he chose them, but after a long decision he this week officially nominated the Eagles as his new club.

Hawthorn is prepared to offer pick 13 in this year's draft for wantaway Eagle Tom Barrass, with West Coast expected to target that selection as well as a future first-round pick in exchange for Barrass and a second-round pick. A version of pick purchasing – where the Eagles could pay some of Barrass' remaining salary to generate a better picks outcome – is also a possibility, however the Hawks are considered unlikely to want to part with back-to-back first-round selections.

That pick 13 would be involved in a deal for Baker, who is a year off being a free agent. Baker and Bolton finished equal fifth in Richmond's best and fairest on Wednesday night.

Richmond's unrestricted free agent Jack Graham toured West Coast's facilities on Wednesday in another step to him joining the Eagles. Graham has four-year offers from both clubs but, although yet to confirm his decision, is expected to join the Eagles following McQualter's appointment on Monday.

– Callum Twomey, Riley Beveridge

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1236153/talks-on-richmond-tigers-trio-to-ramp-up-hawk-to-stay-essendon-bombers-eye-giant-conor-stone

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #620 on: October 03, 2024, 12:04:09 AM »
I would give WC Pick 10 for their Pick 3 …

Baker and Pick 10 for Pick 3 …

1, 3, 6, 9, 12, 13 …

I would demand Pick 20 from GC … 3 for Rioli …

1, 3, 6, 9, 12, 13, 20, 21, 29, 39, 72

that’s 4 in top 10

8 in top 21 - 1st Round?

9 in top 30 …

I would push harder for 3picks for Bolton too or future 1st R?

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #621 on: October 03, 2024, 12:07:41 AM »
EMERGING GIANT ON VIC CLUBS’ RADAR

GWS’ Conor Stone is said to be attracting interest from multiple Victorian clubs, including Essendon and Richmond.

The Bombers and Tigers are being linked with the 22-year-old utility.

“Essendon is one club doing work on him. I’d keep an eye on Richmond too with Dan Rioli leaving,” Seven reporter Mitch Cleary told the Tradies Podcast.

“Now that (Harry) Perryman and (Isaac) Cumming are both leaving, there’s a chance he stays.

“His is a name those supporting Melbourne clubs can keep an eye on.”

Despite reportedly having a two-year deal on the table from the Giants, Stone remains unsigned beyond this year, with AFL Media’s Riley Beveridge also reporting on Essendon’s interest.

The Oakleigh Chargers product has managed 13 senior games in four seasons since being chosen by the Giants with the 15th pick in 2020.

The fact he remains without a 2025 contract leaves scope for speculation the emerging utility may be weighing up potential opportunities elsewhere.

But for a player who has seen very limited senior action since entering the league, it would be surprising if he didn’t agree to a multi-year arrangement with the Giants — and as Cleary alludes to, with both Perryman and Cumming departing, the door to opportunity opens across that half-backline.

Perryman, Cumming and developmental key forward Wade Derksen make up the Giants plotting exits this off-season, with Stone now a possibility to join them.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-trade-news-rumours-2024-bailey-smith-nominates-geelong-cats-conor-stone-attracting-interest-from-essendon-bombers-richmond-tigers/news-story/610ab441be38c09ec89b8308c5e0584a

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #622 on: October 03, 2024, 09:36:06 AM »
Trade predictions:

Liam Baker
Personally think Pick 13 for Baker won't happen on its own. I would be blown away if Eagles entertain trading Pick 3. Absolute madness. Only reason would be that they are keen on homeboy Bo Allen who is a mid to late first rounder instead. So Trade Pick 3 for Pick 10 and Baker. So they get Allen and Baker for Pick 3. I can't see it happening.
Prediction:
Baker to WCE
Richmond In: Pick 13
Richmond Out: Baker and Pick 41 (originally recieved from West Coast)

Daniel Rioli
Gold Coast will give up whatever we ask, I think there is a limit and that will come down to what GC are keen on regarding points for Lombard. GC will happily go into next year with just Rioli and Lombard. They don't need any more developmental players. They may be hard to deal with if they need their picks to acquire other players. So we may end up doing Pick 6 and a future 1st rather than Pick 6 and 12, as they may choose to trade 12 for another player. I think with Daniel being contracted and us playing hard ball enough along with some pick steak knives. A few mention that GC don't need points for Lombard as they have heaps anyway. They do but they also have picks around the spot he will be bidded on, which is fine but to take advantage of it they should be trading those picks away for players and then picking up Lombard with an array of late picks as points. They'll trade Pick 6 and 12, just a matter if they choose to use it on another player, which I think would be unlikely as they won't risk on losing out on Rioli. Pick and 12 to come our way.
Prediction:
Rioli to GC
Richmond In: Pick 6, 12
Richmond Out: Rioli, Pick 57 and 66

Shai Bolton
I can actually see Shai staying and us stuffing up this trade. Freo doesn't give me much confidence. We will play hard ball for Picks 9 and 10. Freo will want something back which I would think Pick 47 would be what we'd be at most willing to offer to get the deal done. Anything higher, we say see ya later Freo. Which I'd then be looking at West Coast and see if they'd trade Pick 3 for Bolton and Pick 29. I'll go with Freo needing Bolton as they are in the window and are crying out for a Bolton type player.
Prediction:
Bolton to Freo
Richmond In: Pick 9 annd Pick 10
Richmond Out: Bolton, Pick 47
2024 Trade Predictions
In: Picks: 6, 9, 10, 12, 13
Out: Baker, Rioli, Baker, Picks: 41, 47, 57, 66

2024 Draft Hand
Picks: 1, 6, 9, 10, 12, 13, 21, 29, 39, 72

Pick 72 to be used for a PSD pick.
9 picks in total, 3 top 10s, 6 first rounders. Exceptional hand to begin the foundations of a next premiership side.
1, 6 and 9 to be used on the gun midfield class (Preference: Jagga Smith, Sam Lalor, Josh Smillie)
Pick 10-13 to be used on key position (Preference: Harry Armstrong, Luke Trainor, Jobe Shanahan)

Nice post.

I think 9+10 for Bolton + 29 might be the trade, maybe with some wages paid. Something like that. If they won't budge on 9 + 16 then I'd probably still consider trading him but with no wages or picks going back. The muppets over there want 9+16 with 29 going back and wages paid lmao.

I think 13 for Baker +39 might work. P3 shouldn't be on the table if Mini has any brains, which he reportedly does.

Rioli to GCS for 6 + 12 or 6 + 20. Their dumb fans will hate if it's 6 + 12, but we will send them a raft of later picks (40 Graham compo, 41, 47, 57 etc) for Lombard since we won't be using those picks anyway and it allows them to use their P20 on someone else. If it's 6 + 20 then I wouldn't be paying jack of his wage or sending any other picks back.

Graham compo will probably be 40 unless we + WCE can manipulate the FA process and get 22, but I doubt it.

I'm hoping we hit the draft with 1, 6, 9, 10, 12, 13, 21. If we keep late picks like 66 + 72 I'd just be picking up a development ruck or key forward and hope they come good like Mitch Lewis or Nick Larkey.

As for Ashcroft/Lions, we should 100% make an early bid on him and force Brisbane to match and cut their legs out. F them. If his brother is anything to go by he'll be a gun anyway so either we get a gun or Lions get screwed.

An alternative would be to offer Brisbane all of our later picks - 29, 39, 40 (compo), 41, 47, 57, 66, 72 in exchange for P18 + their F1 (18 at worst). This gives them a 567 point surplus and will allow them to match even a #1 bid on Ashcroft and would give us another R1 for 2025 prior to Tas.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #623 on: October 03, 2024, 09:41:17 AM »
Second scenario in bold, previous post.

Bolton for 9 + 16, no picks going back.
Rioli for 6 + 20, no picks going back.
Baker + Graham for 13, Graham trade instead of FA. Trade > FA to prevent WCE compensation for guys like Darling going to North, so Graham becomes the streak knife.

Trade all later picks to Brisbane for 18 + F1.

Draft with 1, 6, 9, 13, 16, 18, 20, 21. 8 kids.

2025 draft indicative order:
18 (Brisbane)

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #624 on: October 03, 2024, 10:01:59 AM »
Bummers can have Stone

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #625 on: October 03, 2024, 10:05:17 AM »
TALKS ON TIGERS TO RAMP UP

If Freo was offering 10 for Baker and 9 + 16 for Bolton I'd probably consider taking that with none of Bolton's wages paid.

Online TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #626 on: October 03, 2024, 10:07:22 AM »
That we're the team with the strongest hand and can make them pay the highest price....pretty stuffing obvious I would've thought.... ::)

What you are suggesting is draft tampering and would sour relations with other clubs. It's easy to say on a forum, tell Lions to gives us their first rounder for 5 picks in the 4th and 5th round and we won't bid on him to lessen 500 points.

Puts us at enormous risk all for pick 18.. as it would be for Brisbane which is equivalent of just trading with another club for pick 35.

It's not worth it.

Plus it's strong arming Lions, if that's me or my club I'm telling them where to go and crossing them off the good trade speed dial. I don't want us becoming Essendon and getting a bad name at the trade table.
Go Tigers!

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #627 on: October 03, 2024, 10:11:38 AM »

What you are suggesting is draft tampering and would sour relations with other clubs. It's easy to say on a forum, tell Lions to gives us their first rounder for 5 picks in the 4th and 5th round and we won't bid on him to lessen 500 points.

Puts us at enormous risk all for pick 18.. as it would be for Brisbane which is equivalent of just trading with another club for pick 35.

It's not worth it.

Plus it's strong arming Lions, if that's me or my club I'm telling them where to go and crossing them off the good trade speed dial. I don't want us becoming Essendon and getting a bad name at the trade table.

Mate, someone is going to bid on Ashcroft early and Brisbane are going to have to pay. All that remains to be seen is who bids first and how much they have to pay. They get a 20% discount on a gun player coming off a flag. I don't see why any other club should give them a leg up.

17 other clubs aren't going to let Ashcroft slide to the 4th round in good faith with the Lions - THAT would be draft tampering, wouldn't it?.

He's a genuine P1 candidate and every club in the top 5 should be making a bid!

Also, what's the risk? We get Ashcroft with P1? He'll probably be a gun like his dad and brother.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #628 on: October 03, 2024, 10:17:44 AM »
Its on the cards we will get 13 for Baker as it stands. Why would you forgo pick 22 for Graham thats is also on the cards he has been offered 4 years tick we only need them to be paying above the average of 350k or what ever it is to be a chance.

Fremantle or in particular peter bell has said they will not be trading both 9, and 10. They are considering one of those picks and 16.

Tiger supporters don't like it but 6 and 20 is overs for Rioli.

Last all this talk of trading out picks in the twenties to say pick 40. This year they are extremely valuable and we take kpps and needs with them.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #629 on: October 03, 2024, 01:54:48 PM »

It's not worth it.

lmao.... :facepalm

- Thomas Sowell