Author Topic: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo 2024  (Read 57952 times)

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo 2024
« Reply #690 on: October 07, 2024, 02:49:57 PM »
P20 isn't a 1st rounder come on...

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #691 on: October 07, 2024, 05:05:19 PM »
Just saw Hartley interview. Bit pointless but was very clear and emphatic that the boys mentioned for trades (Rioli and Bolton) are contracted for a long time and it's up to the clubs who have nominated them to come to the party.

I think with the hard line, which is good, it'll be tricky for us to combine many trades both Bolton and Rioli will drag on a bit and get done but will leave us with dealing with Baker for pick 13 without anything to move up the draft until very late. Which I'm fine with.

If it means we lock in 10,11 for Bolton and 6,13 for Rioli, its a win for the club and just reward for ensuring your player currency is contracted and signed up.

Go Tigers!

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #692 on: October 07, 2024, 05:06:27 PM »
The sequencing of these deals is super important. I’d be trying to get goldie done first. That sets the scene for expectations on Bolton and, with Rioli done, I feel we can start to leverage west coast and freo’s picks against each other for Baker and Bolton. I’d be more than open to pick 3 for Bolton and a another pick - say early 2nd rounder.
This should force Freo’s hand and help get us picks 10 and 11.
Providing Freo take the bait, having put pick 3 in play for Eagles and given they have established a “buy” position with us, we keep pick 3 in play for Bakes and pick 11.
We have a unique leverage position that we must use wisely.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2024, 07:47:59 PM by Hard Roar Tiger »
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #693 on: October 07, 2024, 05:32:13 PM »
I'd be pretty confident that with the deal for Baker we can ask WCE to play ball to make Freo pay overs.

We'd happily play ball if Pies or Blues were to pay overs for someone else.

Rioli deal should be done first thats the most straight forward.

Rioli and late picks for points <-> Pick 6 and 13. Add in we pay Rioli salary and its a deal that helps GC hugely. Allows them $ to get someone else and help their crappy wage structure they have nearly fixed. Poor from GC that this deal hasn't been done on day 1 in all honesty. Have had weeks to be ready and they choose a peeing contest.
Go Tigers!

Online pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #694 on: October 07, 2024, 06:14:14 PM »
Were not getting 13. It's going to someone else in the Houston trade unless it's a mega trade. 

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Founding member of the Fab 5
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #695 on: October 07, 2024, 06:27:27 PM »
12 and 16 for Brad Ottens wasn't it? Think Dan is a good player, been fantastic since he went down back. But stuff me we are making off like bandits if we're getting anything more than pick 6.
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #696 on: October 07, 2024, 06:29:46 PM »
What did Collingwood pay for Shultz ‘s?

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #697 on: October 07, 2024, 06:31:35 PM »
7 or 8. and no, I don't think Schultz is better than Rioli.
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #698 on: October 07, 2024, 06:32:59 PM »
That's a lie. A future 1st rounder and pick 34 apparently upon googling. So whatever pick the Pies have this year I suppose

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #699 on: October 07, 2024, 07:13:49 PM »
12 and 16 for Brad Ottens wasn't it? Think Dan is a good player, been fantastic since he went down back. But stuff me we are making off like bandits if we're getting anything more than pick 6.

That was a long long time ago, you generally get a lot better returns for players then you did even 3-5 years ago let alone 25 years ago. Adelaide traded Danger to Geelong for picks 9&28 and some dude called Dean Gore. Granted he was out of contract so it’s a bit of a different situation but still.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #700 on: October 07, 2024, 07:47:20 PM »
Were not getting 13. It's going to someone else in the Houston trade unless it's a mega trade.
Sadly, that looks the case.

SUNS' PREFERENCE TO DEAL WITH PIES

Gold Coast has a preference to deal with Collingwood in a trade for its highly sought after pick No.13, potentially putting the Pies in the box seat to land Dan Houston from Port Adelaide.

A host of clubs have come hard for Gold Coast's in-demand selection, but the Suns would prefer to deal with Collingwood over the pick as they haggle over a trade for contracted defender John Noble.

"We're keen to deal with the clubs that we're trying to find some players from. That would be our first preference," Gold Coast list manager Craig Cameron told AFL.com.au's Gettable Trade Radio on Monday.

"(But) pick No.13 has become pretty popular, so we'll see how it pans out. I wouldn't say [Collingwood] is in front, but we're prepared to deal with them to see where we can get to on the John Noble stuff."

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1241367/inside-trading-gold-coast-suns-preference-to-deal-with-pies-western-bulldogs-up-offer-hawk-ethan-phillips-gets-interest

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #701 on: October 07, 2024, 07:50:00 PM »
That almost sounds like they think we’ll roll over on getting 6 and 13 for Rioli. Which somewhat irks me.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online Hart4Jack

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #702 on: October 07, 2024, 08:06:44 PM »
That almost sounds like they think we’ll roll over on getting 6 and 13 for Rioli. Which somewhat irks me.

They've been pushing for Rioli all year, if they don't cough up what we want we tell them we'll keep him. After all he's still contracted for 3 more years.
What a bunch of knobs.
Pay up or pizz off.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #703 on: October 07, 2024, 08:12:52 PM »
'We're hoping to achieve what's best for Richmond' - Hartley

Richmond GM of Football Talent Blair Hartley spoke to the media this morning as the AFL trade period commences.

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/1674129/were-hoping-to-achieve-whats-best-for-richmond-hartley

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #704 on: October 07, 2024, 10:34:54 PM »
Noble for Pick 13 is absolutely nonsense. Absolutely crazy.
Go Tigers!