Author Topic: Matty White [merged]  (Read 78615 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Matty White [merged]
« Reply #540 on: April 13, 2014, 03:33:57 PM »
White decided to test the free agency market late last year after deciding his future no longer rested at Punt Road.

It was a tough decision – he loved the Tigers – but Power coach Ken Hinkley offered the 26-year-old greater opportunity and White made the move.

"As much as I loved Richmond and it'd be nice to still be there playing with the boys and helping out the team, I didn't see myself playing a lot of footy there.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-04-13/white-pays-back-power

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #541 on: April 13, 2014, 04:02:30 PM »
Grigg. Houli. King. Petard

Keeping his spot warm

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #542 on: May 10, 2014, 03:54:16 PM »
What an embarrassment watching this bloke now while we are paying the same money to tambling, grigg and shithard
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #543 on: May 10, 2014, 04:51:31 PM »
What an embarrassment watching this bloke now while we are paying the same money to tambling, grigg and poohard

Tambling..??
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #544 on: May 10, 2014, 05:34:50 PM »
What an embarrassment watching this bloke now while we are paying the same money to tambling, grigg and poohard

Just reading Bout this game on the afl website, ......."A goal to Matt White in the first 2 mins of the final quarter wrestled back the lead for port".........  :chuck

Its amazing what other clubs can do with our players, should send grigg and co over there for pre season next next year :shh. Will come back a champ
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Rampstar

« Reply #545 on: May 10, 2014, 05:43:41 PM »
RFC is a joke when it comes to development and rebuilding. Port Adelaide have gone right past us in terms of development. Its shameful that after 34 years we still cant fire a shot and other clubs go right past us at a rate of knots. Its a deadset disgrace.

tony_montana

« Reply #546 on: May 10, 2014, 05:50:35 PM »
he was showing some really strong signs last season and played some great cameos. Not a big surprise he's gone on with it, we should have kept this bloke ahead of a fair few others. Good luck to him, he often says "I didn't see myself playing much footy there" so he obviously felt the coaching staff didn't really rate him

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #547 on: May 10, 2014, 05:53:33 PM »

Tambling..??

Slang for S.Edwards....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #548 on: May 10, 2014, 06:02:37 PM »
he was showing some really strong signs last season and played some great cameos. Not a big surprise he's gone on with it, we should have kept this bloke ahead of a fair few others. Good luck to him, he often says "I didn't see myself playing much footy there" so he obviously felt the coaching staff didn't really rate him

They finally go pave hm a go last season and we got the rewards, port are giving him a massive opportunity and aren't they are being rewarded in spades

IMHO it's an indictment on the club that they let him go without giving much of a yelp.

They can blame FA (like Dimma did on "On the couch" but may be if they had worked a bit harder and showed some intent in wanting to keep him.... Then things might be different
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #549 on: May 10, 2014, 06:06:08 PM »
That's the telling remark, and was prob hammered home in the RFC side of contract negotiations that he was by no means a lock in the current side , he has gone on and taken his game up a notch, avg 15-20 possies and 2 G a game is about a 25% improvement on his breakout year!,  unusual to be seeing such improvement at 27yo....good luck to him
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #550 on: May 10, 2014, 07:13:32 PM »
That's the telling remark, and was prob hammered home in the RFC side of contract negotiations that he was by no means a lock in the current side , he has gone on and taken his game up a notch, avg 15-20 possies and 2 G a game is about a 25% improvement on his breakout year!,  unusual to be seeing such improvement at 27yo....good luck to him

unusual? no its just the RFC.

we cant even develop first round picks (jack, Dusty) how could we have any chance with White.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #551 on: May 10, 2014, 07:49:14 PM »
It won't last

You read it here first

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #552 on: May 10, 2014, 08:20:45 PM »
It won't last

You read it here first

Do tell
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #553 on: May 10, 2014, 08:40:21 PM »

unusual? no its just the RFC.

we cant even develop first round picks (jack, Dusty) how could we have any chance with White.
Yes it is unusual, tell me the last 27 yo that took 8 or so years to knock up 100 games go on and raise his game to another level, they invariably flop, be it form or fitness/injury, the footy graveyard is absolutely full of them. Knights is a perfect example , Clinton young , Quentin lynch, mark Williams , bris have had a heap of them,
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #554 on: May 10, 2014, 08:48:13 PM »
Whitey should be on the phone to the Tigers with some port training secrets
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH