Author Topic: Shane Edwards [merged]  (Read 306662 times)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Shane Edwards re-signs with Tigers for two more years [update]
« Reply #1215 on: May 24, 2014, 11:16:30 PM »
Played a physical game well.

Needs to do the same against quality opposition who are more physical and apply pressure

what game were you watching?

He is hopeless, cant even stick a tackle if his life depended on it.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1216 on: May 24, 2014, 11:19:44 PM »
Thought he played great and showed exactly why he is rated by the club. Some need to open their eyes.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1217 on: May 24, 2014, 11:24:29 PM »
Thought he played great and showed exactly why he is rated by the club. Some need to open their eyes.

I watched the game very closely dont worry about that.

Who played great today.

Graham
Ellis
Dusty
Conca
Chaplain
Jack
liked Hoili and Grigg today also.

Edwards is not one of those who played great as you say, so i suggest you get your mouth out of his date and watch the game again.

Your comments on the club rating him. Interesting, perhaps that's why we have won 3 games all year when we have to rely on this dud pulling out a descent game more than once a month which never happens.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #1218 on: May 24, 2014, 11:27:52 PM »

Who played great today.

Graham
Ellis
Dusty
Conca
Chaplain
Jack

Edwards is not one of those who played great as you say, so i suggest you get your mouth out of his date and watch the game again.

Your comments on the club rating him. Interesting, perhaps that's why we have won 3 games all year when we have to rely on this dud pulling out a descent game more than once a month which never happens.

this is mad talk.

i might add the people you question here are professionals. for example Mr Magic has been around senior grade football for 22 years.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1219 on: May 24, 2014, 11:37:28 PM »

Who played great today.

Graham
Ellis
Dusty
Conca
Chaplain
Jack

this is mad talk.

i might add the people you question here are professionals. for example Mr Magic has been around senior grade football for 22 years.

WGAF. he has an opinion and i do also.  Just to give you an insight into some others who have been in the game for over 22 years

Spud
T Wallace
Jeff Gieschen

How was their track record at identifying talent?

Edwards is a spud only blind men cant see that. Its why we will never challenge for a flag.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #1220 on: May 25, 2014, 03:01:37 AM »
suggest you watch the replay please
"Sliding doors moment.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #1221 on: May 25, 2014, 07:42:20 AM »
Running into a nice vein of form ye old titch, keep it up :clapping
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Jackstar is back!!!

« Reply #1222 on: May 25, 2014, 07:47:57 AM »
Opposition had some very damaged witches hats after Titchs game yesterday

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1223 on: May 25, 2014, 08:30:48 AM »
Opposition had some very damaged witches hats after Titchs game yesterday

;D
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1224 on: May 25, 2014, 09:00:55 AM »

Who played great today.

Graham
Ellis
Dusty
Conca
Chaplain
Jack

You think Ellis played well? IMO 30 odd meaningless touches.... Again. I must admit a watch him more closely than most and yesterday his efforts to tackle and more importantly HOLD a tackle were putrid. 
I prefer Grigg than this bloke. And Houli.
He will never change so get rid of him while we can.
Makes me angry even thinking about him.

the claw

« Reply #1225 on: May 25, 2014, 10:37:18 AM »
how many yrs have you backed this hack in for now. backed yourself so far into a corner you only see the little bit of good he does. talk about blinkered.
8 yrs in and hes basically at where he started. just one short period where he  consistently performed a role to a decent level. but boy he sure as hell reverts back to mediocrity soon enough.

i dont know what game you watched magic but it was another typical edwards game where he does one or two nice things gets plenty wrong and disappears for huge chunks of games.
the only redeeming part to his game has been him winning a bit of contested ball.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1226 on: May 25, 2014, 10:40:09 AM »
Hopefully he can play like yesterday ALL the time. Club has backed him. He has to extract the digit on a consistent basis now.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #1227 on: May 25, 2014, 10:40:47 AM »
how many yrs have you backed this hack in for now. backed yourself so far into a corner you only see the little bit of good he does. talk about blinkered.
8 yrs in and hes basically at where he started. just one short period where he  consistently performed a role to a decent level. but boy he sure as hell reverts back to mediocrity soon enough.

i dont know what game you watched magic but it was another typical edwards game where he does one or two nice things gets plenty wrong and disappears for huge chunks of games.
the only redeeming part to his game has been him winning a bit of contested ball.

Suggest you watch the replay too. had a good game.

15 silk quality disposals 3 marks 2 tackles and a goal. played a physical game too with plenty of hip n shoulders, hard sheppards and many other team orientated 1 percenters.

ill take his game over a 25 odd possesion game which is ineffective that the likes of houli grigg and others keep churning out
"Sliding doors moment.

the claw

« Reply #1228 on: May 25, 2014, 10:50:46 AM »
Hopefully he can play like yesterday ALL the time. Club has backed him. He has to extract the digit on a consistent basis now.
he got another two yrs he doesnt have to extract a thing. if yesterday was good enough for you we are accepting mediocrity.
hes no longer a kid hes a 26yo 120 odd game player who should be serving up much more than that.

Suggest you watch the replay too. had a good game.

15 silk quality disposals 3 marks 2 tackles and a goal. played a physical game too with plenty of hip n shoulders, hard sheppards and many other team orientated 1 percenters.

ill take his game over a 25 odd possesion game which is ineffective that the likes of houli grigg and others keep churning out
watched it closely and his game was ordinary as i said supporters it seems are very accepting of mediocrity.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #1229 on: May 25, 2014, 10:56:59 AM »
suggest you watch the replay please.

hes never going to win the brownlow but hes in our best 22 BY FAR and would be at any other club.

What sort of output is a pass for him in your eyes?
"Sliding doors moment.