Author Topic: Shane Edwards [merged]  (Read 306066 times)

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Shane Edwards [merged]
« Reply #135 on: September 13, 2011, 06:49:38 AM »
Definitely tradeable. His skills just really let him down, his kicking in particular. When he is in possession you do cringe because more than likely he will turn it over and it will be a costly turnover. It is a shame because he is a good mark for his size.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #136 on: September 13, 2011, 07:49:31 AM »
in the last few games ( I didnt see the north game so not too sure about it) his inside work was very good. i think it was the sydney game  it was as good as you will see.

The beauty of it was that because there was so much clearance work he was not getting those uncontested possessions wide and then buggering it up with a shanked kick
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #137 on: September 13, 2011, 12:20:06 PM »
Shane's North game was pretty good imo.  I like the amount of turnovers he causes and ball he wins, too much is made of his muff ups and if he can stop rushing his disposals he will become very potent.  That's Owls shoe in of the week, you can all rip the pee if it fails to eventuate coz I have no pride.
Lots of people name their swords......

Ox

« Reply #138 on: September 13, 2011, 12:24:36 PM »
F O L E Y

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #139 on: September 13, 2011, 06:54:43 PM »
Grow some balls Hardwick and remove Edwards from Richmond!

Edwards IS NOT a player that is going to win you a final or premiership!

Edwards is a lost clogger!

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #140 on: September 13, 2011, 08:36:23 PM »

Edwards is a lost clogger!

haha.
 true...

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #141 on: September 13, 2011, 09:38:32 PM »
Willy, guess where I was a few minutes ago? Reading about Edwards at our old stomping ground  :lol

Guess which genius wrote this. give you a hint, you went a few rounds with him over Tambo  ;D

Shane Edwards is probably the most creative attacking player in our side. I'm sure he is instructed to take risks, which means he will occasionally make mistakes, but the good FAR outweighs the bad. Unfortunately, it seems this is only recognised by a minority of supporters - dare I say, the more astute ones

Watch in particular for goals where we have quickly moved the ball from defence &, instead of giving King, Martin, Nahas, etc the credit for finishing the move, rewind to where it started. I'd estimate that perhaps 70% of the time, you'll find that Shed was the player responsible for the goal.

There you go, guys. Edwards is responsible for nearly all our rebounding goals.....not to mention 4-5 opposition goals every week :santa

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #142 on: September 13, 2011, 09:44:45 PM »
Well Davey, if I wanted to know that posters opinion, I would've changed forums.
Maybe you can leave it there because frankly the care factor is very low here.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #143 on: September 13, 2011, 09:46:16 PM »
Well Davey, if I wanted to know that posters opinion, I would've changed forums.
Maybe you can leave it there because frankly the care factor is very low here.

That post was to Willy, ynb, not you :thumbsup I'm sure Wilbur will get a chuckle which was the point of the post. Posts from BF get quoted every now and then, so I don't see why I cant quote some bloke from another site.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #144 on: September 13, 2011, 09:50:44 PM »
Willy, guess where I was a few minutes ago? Reading about Edwards at our old stomping ground  :lol

Guess which genius wrote this. give you a hint, you went a few rounds with him over Tambo  ;D

Shane Edwards is probably the most creative attacking player in our side. I'm sure he is instructed to take risks, which means he will occasionally make mistakes, but the good FAR outweighs the bad. Unfortunately, it seems this is only recognised by a minority of supporters - dare I say, the more astute ones

Watch in particular for goals where we have quickly moved the ball from defence &, instead of giving King, Martin, Nahas, etc the credit for finishing the move, rewind to where it started. I'd estimate that perhaps 70% of the time, you'll find that Shed was the player responsible for the goal.

There you go, guys. Edwards is responsible for nearly all our rebounding goals.....not to mention 4-5 opposition goals every week :santa

You mean the one that had a browse of my private messages?

:o

And dont I have egg on myself about, Tambo!     :shh   :lol

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #145 on: September 13, 2011, 09:52:55 PM »
No, not Donuts :lol it is the man that has seen it all! :o

Would be happy to trade Edwards. He has let Gerks down for the last time and needs to be dealt with.

gerkin greg

« Reply #146 on: September 13, 2011, 09:57:30 PM »
He has. This bloke has spat in the face of my people. No longer  >:(

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #147 on: September 13, 2011, 10:01:30 PM »
Posts from BF get quoted every now and then, so I don't see why I cant quote some bloke from another site.
Provided the post is only about footy post a link as a source; if it's about issues relating to another site then we aren't interested.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #148 on: September 13, 2011, 10:06:26 PM »
No issues here, just thought the post was interesting and I thought Slick Willy would like a look at it. I love all sites :)

Gerks, are you jumping completely off the bandwagon? You were such an admirable advocate for Shane.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 12:10:26 AM by one-eyed »

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #149 on: September 13, 2011, 10:12:02 PM »
No issues here, just thought the post was interesting and I thought Slick Willy would like a look at it. I love all sites :)

Gerks, are you jumping completely off the bandwagon? You were such an admirable advocate for Shane.

Why don't you write Gerks a letter? this is a thread for the masses and you are turning it into an Andrew Bolt column.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 12:10:51 AM by one-eyed »
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”