Author Topic: Shane Edwards [merged]  (Read 269886 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Shane Edwards [merged]
« Reply #2295 on: June 03, 2018, 12:29:09 AM »
1. Shedda's platter

Richmond's goal assist king Shane Edwards put in a nomination for set-up of the year as he dominated the second term. He picked up 12 disposals, three inside 50s and kicked two goals, but it was his assist to Josh Caddy nearing half-time that came from the bottom of his trick bag. Appearing to have overrun the ball, Edwards then soccer-flicked the ball to a rampaging Caddy who converted from beyond 50 metres. It helped Caddy to one of four goals for the game and Richmond to its highest first-half score of the season. Edwards then re-produced his brilliance with a smart handball for Dan Butler in the third quarter, one of three goal assists for the game. His efforts saw him win the Yiooken Award for best on ground.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-06-02/five-talking-points-essendon-v-richmond

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2296 on: June 03, 2018, 12:22:14 PM »
We all post things which in hindsight are utterly ridiculous and stupid .

I think I wrote once that Edwards will be the worst Richmond tiger to play 200 games .

Fair dinkum - this guy is a genius.  Could win the B&F this year .
Unleash the tornado

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #2297 on: June 03, 2018, 12:28:09 PM »

I think I wrote once that Edwards will be the worst Richmond tiger to play 200 games .

Cant hold it too mucj against you. Took me a while to be convinced about Shedders. I actually recall a Dreamtime match, perhaps 12 or 13, where he really shone, and I was sold after that he was a genuine player.

Hes very mercurial. His best is absolute top shelf, but he has a blues as well. I think whats made him such a top player is just improving on thar ratio of class touches to shabby ones.

Offline ¾ T!geɹ

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2298 on: June 03, 2018, 12:49:15 PM »
Best game I've seen him play, that I can remember anyway  :clapping :bow :thumbsup
He seemed to be everywhere (haven't see the game a second time just yet) and always seemed to be in control of where the ball was going and yet only had 31 possies. Brownlow votes yet again  :whistle
The third quarter, the premiership quarter, it's Dusty time. He starts to shine and then delivers in the most AWESOME fashion.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2299 on: June 03, 2018, 12:51:45 PM »

i think i wrote that 50 times. That game last night was as good as dusty produced last year IMO

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #2300 on: June 03, 2018, 02:30:51 PM »
He’s getting better every year.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #2301 on: June 03, 2018, 03:11:35 PM »
He’s getting better every year.
Weird for a bloke of his age but you are right.
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2302 on: June 03, 2018, 03:54:35 PM »
Has always been able to produce magic. I was also critical of him in 2016 when he had a down year but then again who didn’t that season. Is a player you want to get the footy in his hands because he can make anything happen. Add in the fact he is a gun in the middle winning contested ball and clearances. Love his work!

Online lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2303 on: June 03, 2018, 04:07:38 PM »
He was rushed back too quickly in 2016. He had a broken hand if I recall correctly and yeah he would misfire all his handballs. But now fit he finds target by hand which I just can not believe. His in close quick hands to Butler was a prime example of that

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2304 on: June 03, 2018, 04:36:44 PM »
He was rushed back too quickly in 2016. He had a broken hand if I recall correctly and yeah he would misfire all his handballs. But now fit he finds target by hand which I just can not believe. His in close quick hands to Butler was a prime example of that
Also had to deal with a fractured fibula IIRC at some point which derailed him a little.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2305 on: June 03, 2018, 06:02:01 PM »
Scary that our recruiters got another one right  :rollin
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #2306 on: June 03, 2018, 07:17:28 PM »
Very funny WP.  :lol
It’s Francis Jackson that was a useless recruiter and everyone knows it, especially every other club.  :shh

As useless as FJ is, anyone can fluke some players even ol’ Betamax himself .   :rollin
The club that keeps giving.

Lebowski

« Reply #2307 on: June 03, 2018, 07:27:32 PM »
If we can keep this blokes body fresh and healthy we are in for a real treat over the next 2-3 years

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2308 on: June 03, 2018, 08:39:56 PM »
It’s Francis Jackson that was a useless recruiter and everyone knows it, especially every other club.  :shh

As useless as FJ is, anyone can fluke some players even ol’ Betamax himself .   :rollin

Yep there's been some poor selections but also some gems. Not sure why people can't admit that

Was just pointing out that when you look at the team, that played last night and our VFL side it would seem we have a lot of flukes (using your word) out running around these days
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2309 on: June 03, 2018, 08:52:05 PM »

Yep there's been some poor selections but also some gems. Not sure why people can't admit that

Was just pointing out that when you look at the team, that played last night and our VFL side it would seem we have a lot of flukes (using your word) out running around these days

Maybe someone's wrong and can't see that
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.