Author Topic: Shane Edwards [merged]  (Read 270204 times)

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Shane Edwards [merged]
« Reply #2325 on: June 04, 2018, 05:02:08 PM »
His GF performance any day of the week. Not just because it was the most important game of his career but he was electric. won lots of contested ball and did his part in piling on the scoreboard pressure

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2326 on: June 04, 2018, 08:02:01 PM »
Shane Edwards is the master of little things. In fact, they are so little former coach Terry Wallace noted you need the benefit of television replays to fully appreciate the art of Edwards.

On Saturday night there was a flick kick to Josh Caddy and, with Bomber players swarming him, a look-away handball to Dan Butler. Both created Richmond goals.

Edwards finished the match with two goals, three goal assists and 12 score involvements. His brings teammates into easy situations and he was the best player in the Dreamtime blockbuster by some distance.

That made him a relatively easy selection as No. 1 in this week’s Super Rankings. Perhaps it is time to stop referring to Edwards as perennially underrated and start rating him for what he is — one of the AFL’s smartest footballers.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/super-rankings/super-rankings-shane-edwards-the-no1-player-for-round-11/news-story/975211702d8ec46ee43d81cdbec5a3b3

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2327 on: June 04, 2018, 08:20:14 PM »
Before the Essendon game there was an article by Jon Anderson in the Herald Sun stating that Shane was our second greatest indigenous player after Maurice Rioli. What do people think about that?

Shane played a Fantastic game against the Bombers and deserved the award but I still think his game against Geelong in the finals and his grand final game were superior.

Yep...my view is he was BOG in the Grand Final. Electric!

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #2328 on: June 04, 2018, 09:56:01 PM »
Before the Essendon game there was an article by Jon Anderson in the Herald Sun stating that Shane was our second greatest indigenous player after Maurice Rioli. What do people think about that?

Shane played a Fantastic game against the Bombers and deserved the award but I still think his game against Geelong in the finals and his grand final game were superior.

Yep...my view is he was BOG in the Grand Final. Electric!
Best Indigenous player of my generation.

Love the Shedder!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2329 on: June 05, 2018, 04:00:15 PM »
The game's most underrated player?

It's the question without an answer, but Richmond premiership star Shane Edwards is certainly in the endless discussion.

Edwards won the Yiooken Award for best player afield in the Tigers' landslide Dreamtime at the 'G win over Essendon on Saturday night.

He was a deserving winner after racking up game highs of 30 disposals, 11 score involvements, seven inside 50s, four score assists and 681 metres gained.

No-one who played more than three games is averaging better than Edwards' 1.3 goal assists since the start of last year.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-06-05/the-stats-files-the-three-keys-to-winning-games-in-2018

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2330 on: June 17, 2018, 11:01:02 PM »
Dimma after the game compared to Sheds to Shaun Burgoyne (who Dimma played alongside at Port). He said Edwards won't get the full recognition from the footy public he deserves until he is closer to the end of his footy career like Burgoyne is now.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2331 on: June 17, 2018, 11:26:29 PM »
Wouldn’t be surprised if he was leading our b&f at this stage

Lebowski

« Reply #2332 on: June 17, 2018, 11:54:38 PM »
For mine he was BOG today, short half head ahead of Floss.

How good are his hands and sidestep??

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2333 on: June 25, 2018, 02:54:55 PM »
Shane Edwards now flying above the radar

It’s almost as if the entire AFL football world has finally caught on to just how talented and influential Edwards is. He’s delivered some dazzling displays this season, with the highlight being his piping-hot form in the Round 11 Dreamtime game against Essendon. Won the Yiooken award that night after racking up an AFL career-high 31 disposals and producing some truly brilliant passages of play.

Averages 19.3 disposals, 4.0 inside-50s and 2.9 clearances per game in his high half-forward/midfield role for the Tigers.

Is the top-ranked player in the competition for goal assists and seventh for score involvements.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2018-06-24/midseason-tiger-talking-points

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2334 on: July 07, 2018, 05:25:29 PM »
Very similar game for Sheds last night to the GF. That second quarter of his was pure silk. One moment he'd be in traffic gathering the ball before a quick turn and he'd be out drilling handballs and passes to free teammates on the burst without having to change stride  :clapping.

https://twitter.com/Richmond_FC/status/1015469424113881094
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2335 on: July 07, 2018, 08:36:25 PM »
Jet!  :bow

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2336 on: July 07, 2018, 09:18:00 PM »
He is pure silk . Gun .
Unleash the tornado

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2337 on: July 07, 2018, 09:21:06 PM »
yeah he is a gun and i apologise for anything i ever said bad about his efforts, even though prior to 2016 i thought he was average
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #2338 on: July 07, 2018, 09:26:41 PM »
yeah he is a gun and i apologise for anything i ever said bad about his efforts, even though prior to 2016 i thought he was average

Rate that mate

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2339 on: July 07, 2018, 09:29:43 PM »

Only seen one shank in two years