Author Topic: Shane Edwards [merged]  (Read 270181 times)

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Shane Edwards thread [merged]
« Reply #75 on: June 22, 2010, 11:47:19 AM »
Amazing what happens when you let a player develop and get to the 50-60 game mark

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #76 on: June 22, 2010, 03:13:57 PM »
Amazing what happens when you let a player develop and get to the 50-60 game mark

yes it is Infamy but it doesn't always go the way it has with Edwards.... so far I might add!! By the way, how many years has it taken him to get to that mark too!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Ox

« Reply #77 on: June 22, 2010, 03:24:25 PM »

yes it is Infamy but it doesn't always go the way it has with Edwards.... so far I might add!! By the way, how many years has it taken him to get to that mark too!!

do the math or just read Infamys post again

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #78 on: June 22, 2010, 05:46:19 PM »

do the math or just read Infamys post again

Just MYOB, I didn't quote your post!!!!!

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Ox

« Reply #79 on: June 22, 2010, 06:15:42 PM »
no such rule.

Public forum - if i dont insult you personally...!

Wouldn't hurt to cut the soul-less posts that are an obvious attempt at communication with another being
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 04:01:35 PM by one-eyed »

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #80 on: June 22, 2010, 06:58:27 PM »
Gee not sure I deserve all those posts against me...

"Rucks:

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #81 on: June 22, 2010, 06:59:29 PM »

yes it is Infamy but it doesn't always go the way it has with Edwards

I don't understand what you mean

By the way, how many years has it taken him to get to that mark too!!

He's half way through his 4th season and on 60 games. His 50th was in Round 3 against Sydney, which isn't really that long for most AFL players given he'd barely played over 3 seasons.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #82 on: June 22, 2010, 07:02:29 PM »

He's half way through his 4th season and on 60 games. His 50th was in Round 3 against Sydney, which isn't really that long for most AFL players given he'd barely played over 3 seasons.

Well we have had players in our system for 50-60 games and then onto 100+ and they have only been fringe dwellers. As well as that we have had players in the system for 50-60 games and thats it they never progress. So they all don't make it leta just hope Edwards does.

"Rucks:

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #83 on: June 22, 2010, 08:13:46 PM »
Well we have had players in our system for 50-60 games and then onto 100+ and they have only been fringe dwellers. As well as that we have had players in the system for 50-60 games and thats it they never progress. So they all don't make it leta just hope Edwards does.
I realise we've had a lot of early picks not go on from showing anything more than promise and yes it's easy to blame the development side of things, except we've had plenty of quality players go on to play 200+ games, so some of the blame also has to lie with the players themselves.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #84 on: June 22, 2010, 08:46:28 PM »
I realise we've had a lot of early picks not go on from showing anything more than promise and yes it's easy to blame the development side of things, except we've had plenty of quality players go on to play 200+ games, so some of the blame also has to lie with the players themselves.

Yep true and good to see Edwards has taken it on himself to hopefully improve even further.

"Rucks:

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #85 on: June 23, 2010, 01:56:51 AM »
Edwards getting to "50 or 60 games" under his belt has not been the major factor in his improvement. The fact that he is now getting the quality instruction and guidance is.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #86 on: June 23, 2010, 08:08:21 AM »
Edwards getting to "50 or 60 games" under his belt has not been the major factor in his improvement. The fact that he is now getting the quality instruction and guidance is.

Dead right.   :thumbsup

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #87 on: June 23, 2010, 09:56:41 AM »
I think you'll find it's both, especially given his small frame when drafted, he was always going to take time

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #88 on: June 23, 2010, 09:28:41 PM »
I think you'll find it's both, especially given his small frame when drafted, he was always going to take time

True Infamy, reality was that he had the talent but never the size or the confidence to consistently make a difference on the field.

It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #89 on: June 28, 2010, 07:31:33 AM »

Exactly.
The ability was always there IMO but this kid was nearly ruined by Wallet.
He's now progressing beautifully.