Author Topic: Shane Edwards [merged]  (Read 305561 times)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Shane Edwards thread [merged]
« Reply #90 on: June 28, 2010, 11:14:23 AM »
Many on this forum including myself and the wider AFL community did not think Edwards would make it either and while he has played well since about round 4 he really needs to maintain his current form. It won't be good enough next year for him to take a step back like Morton has done, regardless of games played or age.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

TigerTimeII

« Reply #91 on: June 28, 2010, 11:36:19 AM »
always had faith in edwards from day dot

he has pedigree, and his only problem was wallace

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #92 on: June 28, 2010, 11:52:10 AM »
Many on this forum including myself and the wider AFL community did not think Edwards would make it either

Nice of you to speak on behalf of the wider AFL community. I would like to suggest that you are full of it.
He was your #1 target on this forum for ages, so how about you just eat some humble pie and shut up on the topic. Even now you are focussing on negative "what ifs" about the bloke. Give it a rest FFS.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #93 on: June 28, 2010, 03:18:58 PM »
Many on this forum including myself and the wider AFL community did not think Edwards would make it either

Nice of you to speak on behalf of the wider AFL community. I would like to suggest that you are full of it.
He was your #1 target on this forum for ages, so how about you just eat some humble pie and shut up on the topic. Even now you are focussing on negative "what ifs" about the bloke. Give it a rest FFS.

Yeah very intelligent Infamy, I expected better from you. Apparently it is a forum and I have eaten my humble pie on Edwards for the moment!! This thread is about Edwards isn't it??? Or are we only allowed to say nice fluffy things about him now?? I would like to suggest that you are full of it.
Maybe you should watch a few more of the footy shows and listen to what they were saying about Edwards so thats what I meant by the wider AFL communinty. I will give it a rest when he performs regularly FFS!!!

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #94 on: June 28, 2010, 05:18:35 PM »
I will give it a rest when he performs regularly FFS!!!

Is there any sort of time frame on that WAT or is it for the rest of his AFL career, is he allowed one bad game every now and then, can he have two bad ones in a row?

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #95 on: June 28, 2010, 06:47:55 PM »
I will give it a rest when he performs regularly FFS!!!

Is there any sort of time frame on that WAT or is it for the rest of his AFL career, is he allowed one bad game every now and then, can he have two bad ones in a row?

How about the rest of the year and then start off the season next year in the same form, that will do me. I can't understand why so many people bag the crap out of Lids, Tambling, Newman, Moore, McGuane and many more that are clearly more consistent then Edwards, consistent being the word, but they cop it time and time again. Edwards doesnt!!

"Rucks:

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #96 on: June 28, 2010, 09:52:20 PM »

Interesting. I sure wasn't one of them. Have always thought Edwards was a player in the making.

Ox

« Reply #97 on: June 28, 2010, 10:06:51 PM »
Any fool can see that Edwards has worked hard and is applying himself to the new team environment.
The word consistency is as wasted on Lids as much as Edwards.
Mindless rant.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Edwards helps crack Crows code (RFC)
« Reply #98 on: August 02, 2010, 12:08:02 PM »
Edwards helps crack Crows code
richmondfc.com.au
By Mic Cullen
Mon 02 August, 2010

UNDERRATED at the start of the season, Shane Edwards is fast becoming a pillar of the Richmond midfield.

The lightning-quick 21-year-old has played all 18 games this year and is averaging 18 disposals, 2.5 inside-50s and four tackles a game.

Edwards is from Adelaide, so the first win over the club that his mates and family support was even sweeter, especially given Richmond’s horrible record against the Crows - the win was just the second since 1999, with the Crows winning 13 times.

And he turned it on beautifully, with 29 possessions (10 contested), eight tackles, four clearances, three inside-50s and three rebound-50s.

But Edwards was quick to credit his personal stats to the team-orientation of the group.

“It was just good to get a lot of our midfielders and half-backs getting a lot of balls, because we’re good users," he said.

“It was just a well-structured game for us - we played to the structure well, and I couldn’t be happier."

The Crows had the momentum of the match in the second quarter and piled on 13 scoring shots to just one.

However, Adelaide managed just four goals, leaving an invitation that the Tigers duly took.

“We were pretty lucky," Edwards conceded. "On the half-time siren they were going inside 50 again, but the coaches addressed it and it was good see all the players rebound from that and play a good second half.

“We were lucky they wasted a few opportunities, but I guess the footy gods were smiling on us.”

Coach Damien Hardwick said while Edwards might not get much kudos from the fans, inside the club it was different.

“He gets a big mention from the coaches - he’s a terrific young player,” he said.

“Probably a guy that’s taken a little bit of time to find his feet at AFL level, but we feel he’s making that wing position his own.

“He probably gets himself into a little bit of trouble - he confuses himself at times, going around in circles, but what he’s got is an uncanny ability to find a teammate, in and out of traffic.

“He’s become a very important player for us, and he’s having a very, very good year.”

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/99472/default.aspx

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #99 on: August 02, 2010, 01:48:08 PM »
As his confidence grows, so has his output. Really clever player, especially in heavy traffic.
Great story for 2010.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #100 on: August 02, 2010, 03:50:30 PM »
Tambling has a very similar mindset - when he is confident like when he first arrived at the club and, to a smaller degree, last year he showed his class and skill. When he is down on confidence he is a liability to the team as he second guesses his ability and decisions. If Dimma and the other coaches can do to Bling what they have down with Edwards then we will have multiple Aboriginal developing stars in our side instead of the one  :thumbsup

Offline Siberian

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #101 on: August 02, 2010, 03:52:36 PM »
You can safely say Richie Tambling is very consistent

Offline 3rogerd

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #102 on: August 02, 2010, 09:39:21 PM »
can only improve i feel.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #103 on: September 02, 2010, 09:09:42 PM »
Anyone know why Edwards' arm was in a sling at the B&F? Post-season shoulder surgery?

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #104 on: September 02, 2010, 09:11:52 PM »
Bicep enhancement?