Author Topic: Shane Edwards [merged]  (Read 306777 times)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Shane Edwards [merged]
« Reply #930 on: February 16, 2014, 02:54:59 PM »
Funny how just about all teams have that X factor indigenous player.......other than us.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #931 on: February 16, 2014, 03:47:34 PM »
Funny how just about all teams have that X factor indigenous player.......other than us.

Don't think Shane has X-factor?

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #932 on: February 16, 2014, 03:53:30 PM »

It's more of a Y? factor with Shank.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #933 on: February 16, 2014, 04:07:07 PM »
Not good enough goes missing and whilst has X factor it is not damaging enough.

Yet people are crying for an Aboriginal with X-factor  ::) and then will complain when he doesn't contribute enough.

What does he contribute enlighten us

Played 10 good games in 09 I think

Another 6 or 7 in 12

Rest have been average to say the least

Should have dumped his sorry Tambling weak arse a long time ago
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #934 on: February 16, 2014, 04:42:42 PM »

Maybe we should ask Simon Cowell?
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

the claw

« Reply #935 on: February 16, 2014, 08:06:41 PM »

gotta agree. x factor would mean to me super skills and an ability to do the sublime at times. edwards has neither.
for me he had a really good period in 2012 for about 2/3 of a season. trouble is hes been unable to replicate the good form  either side of that period. which suggeste to me after 7yrs  it not the norm.
we have seen lots like him at richmond. we all know em well. the types who struggle for yrs then have a good yr or 18 months but cant sustain it and then slip back to normal which sees em become substandard again.
a simple assesment of actual strengths and weakness will give all and sundry a good guide of what players can sustain. unfortunately shane has never ticked a lot of the required boxes.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #936 on: February 16, 2014, 08:14:31 PM »
even in what was a pretty ordinary season, edwards was 4th in clearances for the club last year, ahead of martin. he is constantly in the top half dozen in this area.
The other night, in the 2nd or 3rd,(cant remeber which) he was the only richmond bloke getting center bounce clearances.

Those horrible howlers he was producing a few years back have gone, but it seems that unless he absolutely blitzes, he will be crucified
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #937 on: February 16, 2014, 08:29:43 PM »
even in what was a pretty ordinary season, edwards was 4th in clearances for the club last year, ahead of martin. he is constantly in the top half dozen in this area.
The other night, in the 2nd or 3rd,(cant remeber which) he was the only richmond bloke getting center bounce clearances.

Those horrible howlers he was producing a few years back have gone, but it seems that unless he absolutely blitzes, he will be crucified

WAT has set such a high standard for Shane. Perhaps an unrealistic standard. Why can't people be content with the fact he may only be decent player in our best 22? Why does he need to be better than that? He had a good 2012 and I think posters such as WAT are expecting him to play to that level every game. I compare these posters to drug addicts. They reached such a good level of high once (Shane's 2012 form) and they want more. However, they rarely reach that high again despite using more and more of the drug. They begin to hate the drug and themselves but they just can't turn away from it. It's ruining their lives.

They need rehab.

the claw

« Reply #938 on: February 16, 2014, 09:17:47 PM »

lol every yr has been similar yet last yr was ordinary.
the only redeeming part of his game is his hands.  as you say hes always got his fair share of contested ball and thus clearances. these little fellas need more than just one redeeming feaqture to their games.  hence when he snared 29 goals he did some genuinine damage and had a string to his bow.
ah whats the point if people cant see it after 7yrs they never will.

hes been at his best passable, theres been rarely nothing to say hey we have a very good player here his best has been good enough. but its impossible to play at your best consistently well. thus he has regularly dropped way off the pace. id say good  ordinary sums him up perfectly when on song .   but when hes not which is too often well hes crap.ffs it isnt hard to get better than edwards or it should not be. but when you fail with so many nd picks i suppose it can be.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #939 on: February 16, 2014, 09:26:49 PM »

WAT has set such a high standard for Shane. Perhaps an unrealistic standard. Why can't people be content with the fact he may only be decent player in our best 22? Why does he need to be better than that? He had a good 2012 and I think posters such as WAT are expecting him to play to that level every game. I compare these posters to drug addicts. They reached such a good level of high once (Shane's 2012 form) and they want more. However, they rarely reach that high again despite using more and more of the drug. They begin to hate the drug and themselves but they just can't turn away from it. It's ruining their lives.

They need rehab.

That's a classic Coach post, unlike Shed you can always count on Coach

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #940 on: February 16, 2014, 09:52:48 PM »

lol every yr has been similar yet last yr was ordinary.
the only redeeming part of his game is his hands.  as you say hes always got his fair share of contested ball and thus clearances. these little fellas need more than just one redeeming feaqture to their games.  hence when he snared 29 goals he did some genuinine damage and had a string to his bow.
ah whats the point if people cant see it after 7yrs they never will.

hes been at his best passable, theres been rarely nothing to say hey we have a very good player here his best has been good enough. but its impossible to play at your best consistently well. thus he has regularly dropped way off the pace. id say good  ordinary sums him up perfectly when on song .   but when hes not which is too often well hes crap.ffs it isnt hard to get better than edwards or it should not be. but when you fail with so many nd picks i suppose it can be.
you say it isnt hard to get better, yet he is constantly is in the top clearance winners for the club. So why are others not winning more clearances constantly?

as others have said, he aint no superstar, but to be constantly winning his fair share of clearances means he is earning his place, unless of course you think clearances are not important?

but then again, you seem to strive for a team of superstars.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #941 on: February 17, 2014, 09:01:08 AM »
Edwards sux! Most see it, just not the "experts" :whistle :huh

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #942 on: February 17, 2014, 09:06:34 AM »

Here here no one expects him to be a gun but to show 2 descent half seasons out of 7/8 is a rubbish return. He plays scared like Tambling

Al and his expert clearances statistic carries a lot of weight though

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #943 on: February 17, 2014, 09:13:35 AM »
plays scared?

spoken like a true keyboard warrior who probably never won a hard ball in their life.

and yeah, clearances are meaningless.

much better to let the opposition get the clearance so you can then get your tackle count up, hey?

next thing you two will band together and tell us that you need to look away when marking the ball?

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #944 on: February 17, 2014, 09:49:19 AM »

Here here no one expects him to be a gun but to show 2 descent half seasons out of 7/8 is a rubbish return. He plays scared like Tambling

Al and his expert clearances statistic carries a lot of weight though

:lol

"Rucks: