Author Topic: Shane Edwards [merged]  (Read 306787 times)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Shane Edwards [merged]
« Reply #945 on: February 17, 2014, 01:57:47 PM »
on that we agree, it is rather funny.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #946 on: February 17, 2014, 02:14:42 PM »
Shank doesn't play scared, he just plays stupid. He wouldn't try to do things beyond his abilities so often if he was crapping himself.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #947 on: February 17, 2014, 05:35:22 PM »
Never thought of him as scared. Just no consistency. Could be an A-grader one day, C-grader the next.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #948 on: February 17, 2014, 05:42:34 PM »
He's a VFL-level player with a one or two AFL-level attributes. Still think he'd be the ideal sub to bring on fresh when the opposition is starting to tire.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #949 on: February 17, 2014, 06:07:26 PM »
He's a VFL-level player with a one or two AFL-level attributes. Still think he'd be the ideal sub to bring on fresh when the opposition is starting to tire.

Agreed although those attributes are pretty good - even at AFL level.
Interesting thought on subbing into a game.
That might work.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #950 on: February 17, 2014, 07:08:29 PM »
has his abilities & his capabilities all messed up. Off with his Head  ;D

Offline Golfprotiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Risking Head and Shin
« Reply #951 on: February 17, 2014, 08:30:29 PM »
He needs to play more the small forward rather than midfield.
He has goal smarts and X factor. I'de rather him playing forward pocket than King.

Exactly :thumbsup
2013 - 13 Goals - forward / midfield
2012 - 29 Goals - forward

As I pointed out at the end of last year, should play forward pocket!
Tommy Hafey - "There's nothing more tiger-ish than a bloody tiger, a wounded tiger''

the claw

« Reply #952 on: February 17, 2014, 11:05:16 PM »
even in what was a pretty ordinary season, edwards was 4th in clearances for the club last year, ahead of martin. he is constantly in the top half dozen in this area.
The other night, in the 2nd or 3rd,(cant remeber which) he was the only richmond bloke getting center bounce clearances.

Those horrible howlers he was producing a few years back have gone, but it seems that unless he absolutely blitzes, he will be crucified
lol every yr has been similar yet last yr was ordinary.
the only redeeming part of his game is his hands.  as you say hes always got his fair share of contested ball and thus clearances. these little fellas need more than just one redeeming feaqture to their games.  hence when he snared 29 goals he did some genuinine damage and had a string to his bow.
ah whats the point if people cant see it after 7yrs they never will.

hes been at his best passable, theres been rarely nothing to say hey we have a very good player here his best has been good enough. but its impossible to play at your best consistently well. thus he has regularly dropped way off the pace. id say good  ordinary sums him up perfectly when on song .   but when hes not which is too often well hes crap.ffs it isnt hard to get better than edwards or it should not be. but when you fail with so many nd picks i suppose it can be.
you say it isnt hard to get better, yet he is constantly is in the top clearance winners for the club. So why are others not winning more clearances constantly?

as others have said, he aint no superstar, but to be constantly winning his fair share of clearances means he is earning his place, unless of course you think clearances are not important?

but then again, you seem to strive for a team of superstars.
lol at the man content with mediocrity. one decent attribute makes it all good  never mind every other area of the game. ffs we are talking afl players. players of his type really do need to bring more to the table than winning a few clearances.
 i could find you 10 players in state leagues who would be just as good as as edwards at clearances. they would also offer much more in  other area.
ffs slow,  cant find the ball often,  with poor foot skills  at 182 and barely 80kg small and undersized after 7 yrs.
  geez hes a champion of the game  who we just should not be looking to do better than.  geez i love the head up their arses crowd. they sure love their own stink.
theres delusion and then theres well you. the epitomy of of it. yep lets only talk about the one thing a player does half well lets forget all else and put the rose coloureds on.

if i listen to the likes of you, i will get yep we need to improve  to be a contender, but lets improve with the hacks we have who only have one redeeming attribute.  we shouldnt be aiming for better players blokes like edwards just cant be replaced.  stuff that is hilarious. when i say esily replaced bud im only taklking about a reasonably well rounded player.
we will turn over at least another 20 players before we make a gf and thats if we recruit well hmm i wonder if anyone can see a problem there.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #953 on: February 17, 2014, 11:30:27 PM »
are your comprehension skills really that bad or do you just love making poo up for the sake of arguing?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #954 on: February 18, 2014, 03:04:51 PM »
Shane > king. Grigg. Houli?

Crumbs beautiful and hands of Geez. bizarre to not play them forward

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #955 on: February 18, 2014, 04:08:57 PM »

I agree, even though he's one-sided, takes an enternity to balance to kick on his right foot and is built like Olive Oyl yet has a greater turning circle than Emile Heskey.

- Thomas Sowell

tony_montana

« Reply #956 on: February 18, 2014, 05:42:34 PM »
has his abilities & his capabilities all messed up. Off with his Head  ;D

haha succinct and pretty much sums it up

Offline Tigershark

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #957 on: February 18, 2014, 09:44:58 PM »

agreed but ya can't handball a goal.... :whistle

Edited to correct quote
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 06:56:04 AM by WilliamPowell »

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #958 on: February 19, 2014, 12:51:55 AM »
Looks set for a good year again.

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #959 on: February 19, 2014, 09:02:17 AM »

Agree...HFF with small stints in the middle is his go I believe. Yes, we all realise his kicking is so so at times (see Cotchin) but he brings a lot to the team like his running ability, his work in close with his vision and hands are exceptional, he can take a nice mark, he is durable and he crumbing is first class. He is not a champion but he is a good AFL player. That's my take on Edwards anyway, regular starter.