Author Topic: Carl Peterson  (Read 22510 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: carl peterson - delisted
« Reply #105 on: November 01, 2007, 10:33:34 PM »
have any of you posters actually seen him play ?.
Answer NO ? YES ?
I actually seen him play in Perth, yes for Claremont.
Not up to AFL level but the tiges took a gamble and it backfired
End of my argument
More didn't payoff rather than backfired when it's a late pick. And yes I've seen Carl play.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #106 on: November 01, 2007, 10:48:51 PM »
Well Ramps, its called the roulette wheel of the AFL draft system. I bet there were a few others picked before and after Peterson that have shown nothing.
I reckon out of every national draft there would probably be only 10-15 players at the most that actually go on and become good players for their respective clubs so out of 80+ pics, that means we have a ratio of one good player for every seven or eight picked.

true as it maybe but the tell me outside of foley who was a rookie, who has actually set the world on fire out of our mid range picks.

we dont spend enough in this area and it really shows. other teams are paying guys to travel around australia and the world to search for talent and we are paying guys to search no further than springvale for players.

all i ask is to give me one gun that we pick up after pick 60 that can actually play and is a champion. just one. i look at other teams and they are so far superior in this area its not funny
Agree we didn't/don't spend enough on recruiting (hopefully that's starting to change for 2008 as the club has said it is putting more dollars towards recruiting) but finishing ninth nearly every year and trading away picks instead of trading for picks killed us. Things like having just pick 33 in the top 60 of the 2001 superdraft. We also totally ignored rookies as a means to find late developers.

As for latest selections:
Newman was pick 53.
Thursty a rookie as was Kingy.
Raines #76.
Tuck #73
Tivs was a rookie.
Jackson #53.
Connors #58.

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #107 on: November 02, 2007, 05:24:27 PM »
sorry i have been away, but yesterday richo, yes richo, rang me twice.  sorry julz i forgot to say hello to him for you  :P

anyway he was at a function yesterday,and my cousin happened to be there . from the background noise i gathered it was going off.

anyway my cousin was rubbing shoulders with many past and present afl players amd other sports celebs and they had one or two by the time they called me.

anyway to cut a long story short, i asked richo about carl, and he told me that carl needs more time to develop and he also told me that he is aware that the rfc want to place carl on the rookie list

now seeming though carl has already been on a senior list , im not sure hopw this is possible, but hey rama was put on as a rookie

anyway just thought i would let you guys/gals know what the cho told me.

ps i did ask him if he kicks straighter when he has had a few and he just laughed it off

« Reply #108 on: November 02, 2007, 08:17:26 PM »
I have a football signed by JON and carl P.

Is it worth more or less now he has been delisted?

???
 ???

and does anybody care?

:thumbsup

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #109 on: November 03, 2007, 02:55:49 AM »
I'll give you a few scenarios 1965.
a) Mount it if you have a bar in your house with any other Richmond memorabilia you might have.
b) Lock it away in a wardrobe and forget about it
c) Let the kids play with it
 Unless these boys kick on to become icons of the game whether at Richmond in JON'S case or any other AFL Club I think your signed footy may have more sentimental value than monetary value.

1965 at this time of the morning after a night of the cas I cared enough to post. There's your answer. Hope you found it engrossing and eye opening. :thumbsup

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #110 on: November 03, 2007, 08:55:46 AM »
Betcha didn't tell Richo how much you've bagged him this season and wanted him delisted.

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #111 on: November 03, 2007, 10:46:57 AM »
Betcha didn't tell Richo how much you've bagged him this season and wanted him delisted.

The Cho vs X  :shh :lol

blx

« Reply #112 on: November 03, 2007, 11:15:43 AM »
LOL at spotting the woodchucks on this board cause i doubt any more "senior supporters" could relate to RICHO as "THE CHO"!

Sounds like the results of a wanky schmanky brainstorm at Clemenger!

Offline 3121

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #113 on: November 03, 2007, 01:48:43 PM »
Quite honestly, I'm upset.  Having heard raved reviews on Peterson, on how he rucked against Seaby in the WAFL, on how he had an extraordinary leap, and being some sort of 'X' Factor  :lol, I'm dissapointed that he's been delisted.  There are a few on here, saying that he wasn't up to AFL standard, aaahhhhhhh it's so easy making the statement now after he has been delisted.  I was just wondering whether these same people made that call when we drafted Peterson?  I don't think so! 

Let he who made that prediction when we drafted him cast the first stone....................................I can't hear anything! :yawn

Moi

« Reply #114 on: November 03, 2007, 06:28:56 PM »
I thought he'd been injured half the time he was here.
Hardly had a chance  :banghead

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #115 on: November 03, 2007, 09:07:24 PM »
Brian Royal gave a hint in his review of Peterson when he said Carl needed to realise he was in the AFL now and not back home.

There's a rumour on the Hawk's BF board that Carl will train with them to be picked up as a rookie.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9399822&postcount=11

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #116 on: November 03, 2007, 09:46:23 PM »
Brian Royal gave a hint in his review of Peterson when he said Carl needed to realise he was in the AFL now and not back home.

There's a rumour on the Hawk's BF board that Carl will train with them to be picked up as a rookie.

i'd like to throw him a lifeline through the rookie draft

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #117 on: November 03, 2007, 10:19:57 PM »

i'd like to throw him a lifeline through the rookie draft
Me too provided he hasn't done any permenant damage to his hand. We have to pay him anyway.

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #118 on: November 04, 2007, 10:08:28 AM »

richo told me the tigers want to rookie him cos he needs more time

but can a player who has been on an afl list be rookied?

wasnt pods unabled to be rookied cos he was on the skunks list for a year ???

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #119 on: November 04, 2007, 05:20:11 PM »

richo told me the tigers want to rookie him cos he needs more time

but can a player who has been on an afl list be rookied?

wasnt pods unabled to be rookied cos he was on the skunks list for a year ???
That rule is only for mature rookies. Pods was too old (older than 22/23) to qualify as a normal young rookie.

Provided Peterson is under 23 by the 1st January (which he obviously is) then any club can rookie him. If the Hawks or any other club are interested then we'd need to take him with our first rookie pick if we wanted to keep him. The payoff on that though is we may then miss out on the best kid who didn't get picked up in the National draft. Maybe that's why we are thinking of using our PSD pick on a kid so we don't miss out. Like a pseudo rookie pick which is what we did with Matty White.